PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL RUM SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Prepare a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Arrange the cubed pumpkin bread in the pie pan. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Combine the caramel sauce, heavy cream, and rum in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat on High in microwave for 45 seconds; whisk. Drizzle sauce over bread pudding to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.8 calories, Carbohydrate 49.8 g, Cholesterol 81.6 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 281.6 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL RUM SAUCE
- TO MAKE THE BREAD PUDDING:.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, half and half, brown sugar, spices, salt and vanilla. Stir in bread cubes and let stand 15 minutes.
- Pour bread misture into a greased 8x8-inch square glass baking dish and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until custard is set.
- TO MAKE THE CARAMEL RUM SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn burner to medium low and let sauce bubble for 3-4 minutes. Serve warm drizzled over the bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 17.7, Cholesterol 153.3, Sodium 279.6, Carbohydrate 70.2, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 63, Protein 4.6
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place raisins in a small bowl, and cover with hot water. Let soak until plump. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 whole eggs, sugar, and salt. Whisk in 2 1/2 cups milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Butter a 9-inch, 1 1/2-quart ceramic baking dish with sides that are at least 1 1/2 inches high. Sprinkle bottom of dish with brown sugar; arrange half the challah cubes in a layer on top. Sprinkle with half the reserved raisins. Repeat with remaining challah and raisins.
- Pour the milk-and-egg mixture over the bread, making sure to soak every piece. Transfer baking dish to the oven, and bake until the custard sets and the bread pudding becomes a rich, golden color, 50 to 60 minutes. If bread becomes too brown before filling is set, loosely cover top of pudding with aluminum foil. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rum sauce: Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, the heavy cream, and confectioners' sugar in a saucepan; place over medium heat, and heat just until bubbles form around the edges. Remove from heat.
- Prepare an ice-water bath, and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with remaining teaspoon vanilla. Slowly beat 1/4 cup of the hot milk mixture into yolks, then slowly whisk yolk mixture back into saucepan with remaining milk mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 1 minute.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl set in the ice-water bath. Stir in rum and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; stir until combined. Let stand until mixture is chilled. Serve bread pudding warm or at room temperature, with the rum sauce on the side.
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
"I have never been a bread-pudding fan," writes Marie Hernandez of Chicago. "But after trying the pumpkin bread pudding at Wildfire restaurant in Oak Brook, Illinois, I think I've changed my mind. Had I know that this dessert could be so good, I would have started eating it long ago." Do as the restaurant does, and serve this with sweetened whipped cream.
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For bread pudding:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk half and half, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend. Fold in bread cubes. Stir in golden raisins. Transfer mixture to 11x7-inch glass baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes. Bake pumpkin bread pudding until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare caramel sauce:
- Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Whisk in cream and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over bread pudding. Serve warm with caramel sauce.
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the bread pudding: Blend the cream, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, eggs and vanilla bean until mixed well. Place the French bread in a 1-gallon aluminum pan. Pour the mixture over the French bread and let sit for 30 minutes. Bake for 1 hour or until firm.
- For the rum sauce: Blend the cornstarch with the water in a small saucepan. Add the cream, granulated sugar, butter and rum and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick. Serve the sauce with the bread pudding.
More about "pumpkin bread pudding with rum sauce recipes"
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA-RUM CUSTARD SAUCE …
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 25 minsServings 12Calories 401 per serving
- Bake bread cubes in a roasting pan, tossing several times, 15 to 20 minutes or until bread feels dry and slightly firm.
EASY PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE & WHITE ...
Category DessertCalories 420 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Preheat Oven to 350°F or 180°C. Combine Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar, and the spices - Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon, Cloves, 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, and ginger along with some salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl with the help of a whisk.
- In the same bowl whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Now add Evaporated Milk, whole milk, Pumpkin Puree, Heavy cream, and Vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish or a similar baking dish with cooking spray. Place the bread cubes in it. Pour the wet custard mixture over your bread cubes. Toss gently to coat. Lightly compress to even out the top. Let it rest for 10-minutes. Top with chopped Pecan Nuts.Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan and heat sugar. Keep stirring constantly (about every 15-seconds). Sugar will form clumps and then it will melt. Keep a close eye so that it doesn't get burnt.Once your sugar is melted, take it off the heat immediately and stir in butter. At this point in time, it will be bubbling violently. Now pour in heavy cream and sea salt. Stir well so that everything is combined. Pour into a small bowl or a container and let it cool down completely before using it.
BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Calories 268 per servingServings 10
- To prepare the pudding, combine the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Add bread cubes, and toss gently. Cover bread mixture, and chill 1 hour.
- Spoon the bread mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake bread mixture at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.
- To prepare the sauce, combine 1 cup low-fat milk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the low-fat milk mixture, and bring to a boil. Cook mixture until thick (for about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in the rum.
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | THE ...
Reviews 12Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Cut 1 1/2 loaves of gluten free white bread (or any type of bread you like if not GF) into cubes. The bread should yield 8-10 cups of bread cubes.
- Combine 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree, 3 eggs, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl and mix together until smooth.
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL RUM RAISIN SAUCE RECIPE ...
4/5 Servings 8-10
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and cream. Add the cinnamon sticks, ginger, vanilla bean and cloves and cook over moderate heat until just steaming; do not let the milk boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover and let stand until the milk is fragrant, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. On a rimmed baking sheet, toast the cubed brioche in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until dry and golden. Spread the brioche cubes in an even layer in the prepared baking dish .
- Rewarm the spiced milk over moderate heat until steaming, then strain it into a heatproof medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks, pumpkin puree and salt and whisk until blended and smooth. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the sugar. Gradually whisk 1 cup of the hot milk into the pumpkin mixture, then whisk the mixture back into the remaining milk.
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH SWEET RUM RAISIN SAUCE ...
Servings 9Total Time 1 hr 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Slice the French loaf into 1-inch pieces then place into a large mixing bowl. Pour about 3/4 of the butter over the bread, toss to coat.
- Add the milk, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and lemon juice to a blender. Process on high until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bread, stir, then allow to soak for 15 minutes.
BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA RUM SAUCE (VIDEO) - SIMPLY HOME ...
Ratings 7Calories 537 per servingCategory Dessert
- Heat 4 cups of heavy cream in a saucepan just until it comes to a slight simmer (not a boil). The slowly put the hot cream into the egg and sugar mixture making sure to stir constantly.
BRIOCHE PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 483 per serving
- Cut bread into ½ inch cubes and spread it out on a large baking sheet. Leave it out to get stale for about a day.
- Heat a cooking pan over medium heat and melt butter. Add sugar and cinnamon, stir well. Add spiced rum and simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring slowly. Take off heat until ready to serve. Pour some sauce over bread pudding slices while serving.(If not using all the sauce at once, you can keep it in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container. Reheat and stir before using again.)
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE RECIPE | FOOD …
5/5 (1)Author Gina SchloegelServings 10Category Dessert
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH VANILLA-RUM CUSTARD SAUCE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING | BERLY'S KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Dessert RecipesCalories 393 per serving
BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dessert RecipesCalories 417 per serving
BOBBY FLAYS CHOCOLATE COCONUT BREAD PUDDING WITH PASSION ...
RECIPES FOR BREAD PUDDING SAUCES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE RECIPE
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE | RECIPE | PUMPKIN ...
BREAD PUDDING RECIPE WITH RUM : BREAD PUDDING WITH LEMON ...
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH CARAMEL RUM SAUCE ... RECIPE
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE
BREAD PUDDING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING WITH RUM SAUCE – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pumpkin bread pudding?For bread pudding: Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk half and half, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend. Fold in bread cubes. Stir in golden raisins. Transfer mixture to 11x7-inch glass baking dish.
What is the best recipe for pumpkin pie?Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk half and half, pumpkin, dark brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend. Fold in bread cubes. Stir in golden raisins. Transfer mixture to 11x7-inch glass baking dish. Let stand 15 minutes.
How do you make a pumpkin and egg cake?Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in half and half, milk, pumpkin and vanilla. Place bread cubes in an extra large mixing bowl. Pour milk mixture evenly over bread cubes then gently toss to coat. Let rest 10 minutes. Spoon mixture into a buttered baking dish. Bake in preheated oven until set, about 45 – 50 minutes.
How to cook pumpkin bread in the microwave?Directions. Arrange the cubed pumpkin bread in the pie pan. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes. Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Combine the caramel sauce, heavy cream, and rum in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat on High in microwave for 45 seconds; whisk.