TURKEY-STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
These well-seasoned ground-turkey-stuffed peppers are so tasty, you won't even miss having real cheddar cheese. Round out the meal with a salad or a side of rice. -Judy Hand-Truitt, Birmingham, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place in a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and crumble turkey with onion, garlic and seasonings over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Cool slightly. Stir in tomatoes, cheese and bread crumbs., Fill with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, until filling is heated through and peppers are tender, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323 calories, Fat 10g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 771mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook peppers in boiling water until slightly tender, about 3 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, and garlic in the hot oil until turkey is completely browned; drain grease from the turkey mixture. Transfer drained turkey mixture to a bowl and return skillet to medium heat.
- Melt butter in the skillet; add flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir until smooth. Stream milk and half-and-half into the flour mixture while stirring; bring to a boil. Cook and stir the milk mixture until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return turkey mixture to the skillet; add tomatoes and 2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese. Cook and stir the turkey mixture until hot and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes; spoon into the bell pepper halves. Arrange stuffed pepper halves into the prepared baking dish; top with remaining Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and panko. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the filling is hot, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil, remove foil, and cook peppers under the broiler until the panko is browned, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519.5 calories, Carbohydrate 28.3 g, Cholesterol 127.9 mg, Fat 30.9 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 36.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 1027.6 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
QUICK TURKEY PEPPERS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Halve peppers lengthwise and remove stem, pulp, and seeds; place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Lay 1 slice turkey inside each pepper. Sprinkle chopped onion evenly over turkey. Drizzle 1 teaspoon pesto inside each pepper half. Place a few florets of broccoli into each pepper; cover with shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle each pepper with 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.9 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 503.7 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
QUICK TURKEY SPAGHETTI
"My family never tires of this versatile entree. We can have it once a week, and it's different each time! I sometimes omit the turkey for a meatless meal, change up the veggies or use my own tomato sauce." Mary Lou Moeller - Wooster, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, pepper, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender., Stir in the tomato sauce, spaghetti, water and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 728mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEDITERRANEAN TURKEY-STUFFED PEPPERS
This low-calorie dinner from Joe Wicks is 3 of your 5-a-day, rich in vit C and folate too. Filling the peppers with low-fat turkey breast mince keeps it lean
Provided by Joe Wicks
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Halve the peppers lengthways, then remove the seeds and core but keep the stalks on. Rub the peppers with a drizzle of olive oil and season well. Put on a baking tray and roast for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Fry the mince for 2-3 mins, stirring to break up the chunks, then tip onto a plate.
- Wipe out your pan, then heat the rest of the oil over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir-fry for 2-3 mins, then add the cumin and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 mins more.
- Tip the mince back into the pan and add the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée. Crumble in the stock cube and cook for 3-4 mins, then add the oregano and season. Remove the peppers from the oven and fill them with as much of the mince as you can. (Don't worry if some spills out it - it will go satisfyingly crisp in the oven.) Top with the cheese and return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the cheese starts to turn golden.
- Carefully slide the peppers onto a plate and serve alongside a pile of your favourite greens blanched, boiled or steamed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 14 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 40 grams protein, Sodium 1.9 milligram of sodium
More about "quick turkey peppers recipes"
GROUND TURKEY AND PEPPERS RECIPE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
Reviews 1Category Main CourseServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground turkey, breaking it up as you cook, until it’s almost cooked through (still a bit pink), about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and green onions and cook until peppers are softened, about 5 more minutes, adding the garlic after about 2 minutes.
20 MINUTE LOW CARB TURKEY AND PEPPERS - HEALTHY …
Reviews 6Calories 230 per servingCategory Main Course
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt over turkey. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add half of the turkey and cook, until browned on the bottom, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until cooked all the way through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the turkey to a plate with a slotted spatula, tent with foil to keep warm. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet, reduce heat to medium and repeat with the remaining turkey, 1 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add onion, bell peppers and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt to the skillet, cover and cook, removing lid to stir often, until the onion and peppers are softening and brown in spots, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove lid, increase heat to medium high, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper and cook, stirring often until the herbs are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add vinegar, and cook, stirring until almost completely evaporated, about 20 seconds. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Add the turkey to the skillet with any accumulated juices from the plate and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, turning in the sauce until the turkey is hot all the way through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve topped with parsley and basil if using.
RIGATONI WITH 3 PEPPER SAUCE | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
RECIPE OF QUICK TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS
10 BEST TURKEY PEPPERONI RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROUND TURKEY AND PEPPER RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY STUFFED PEPPERS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
QUICK PICKLED PEPPERS RECIPE
GROUND TURKEY DINNER WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS - FIVE SILVER SPOONS
GROUND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
THE BEST TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS - SKINNYTASTE
QUICK TURKEY PEPPERS TASTY RECIPES - RECIPES FOOD
TURKEY TACO STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
CHEESY TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS - A COOKIE NAMED DESIRE
SKINNY STUFFED PEPPERS - JO COOKS
TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS! A QUICK WEEKNIGHT DINNER OPTION!
RECIPE OF QUICK TURKEY TACO STUFFED TOMATOES & BELL PEPPERS
QUICK TURKEY AND PEPPER PAN - BOSS KITCHEN
STUFFED PEPPER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
10 BEST STUFFED PEPPERS WITH GROUND TURKEY RECIPES - YUMMLY
GROUND TURKEY AND PEPPERS RECIPE – MY ROI LIST
EASY GROUND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS - PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
FRINKFOOD - QUICK TURKEY PEPPERS
QUICK TURKEY, PEPPER AND MUSHROOM PAN - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
QUICK SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE | I HEART RECIPES
BEST COOKING CHEESE RECIPES: QUICK TURKEY PEPPERS
EASY TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS WITH RICE - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
TURKEY AND PEPPERS STIR-FRY | STIR-FRY RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
BEST EVER EASY STUFFED PEPPERS (FIVE INGREDIENTS)
GROUND TURKEY AND PEPPERS RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
POPULAR RECIPES QUICK TURKEY PEPPERS
QUICK TURKEY RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
EASY TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS - A SIMPLE PALATE
GROUND TURKEY PEPPERS ONIONS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BEST GROUND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - DELISH
QUICK EASY RECIPE WITH GROUND TURKEY - FOOD NEWS
TURKEY AND PEPPERS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
GROUND TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS (GLUTEN FREE - DEAR CRISSY
QUICK TURKEY RECIPE
31 HEALTHY GROUND TURKEY RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
HEALTHY ITALIAN STUFFED PEPPERS - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
26 BEST TURKEY SAUSAGE RECIPES -TOP RECIPES
You'll also love