Moist and spicy bar cookies with frosting. An easy and quick after school snack. Also goes great at carry-ins and bake sales. You can also just sprinkle with confectioners sugar instead of frosting.
Provided by Debbie Borsick
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in applesauce. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice; stir into the applesauce mixture until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Cool in the pan over a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar and margarine. Stir in vanilla and milk until smooth. Spread over cooled bars before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130.3 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 162.4 mg, Sugar 17.3 g
APPLESAUCE RAISIN BARS
- Mix all ingredients (except raisins) in a bowl.
- Stir in raisins.
- Bake in a 7 x ll" baking pan.
- 350 degrees 20-25 mins.
- Topping: Brown butter in a small pan.
- Whisk in powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Frost cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.7, Fat 7.8, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 23.3, Sodium 139.4, Carbohydrate 44.3, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 30.3, Protein 1.9
RAISIN APPLESAUCE BARS & CARAMEL FROSTING RECIPE - (4.1/5)
Provided by tschnet1
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For bars, beat butter, brown sugar, and egg. Stir in applesauce. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually stir flour mixture into applesauce mixture until well combined. Stir in raisins. Spread batter into greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Allow to cool. For frosting, melt butter in saucepan. Mix in milk and brown sugar. Increase heat to medium. When mixture starts to boil, continue cooking for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and beat in confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Add additional milk 1/2 tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency. Spread over cooled bars, slice, and serve.
These low-cholesterol applesauce bars couldn't be easier to make or better to eat! Applesauce creates a moist texture without the fat of oil, and sweet golden raisins compliment the cinnamon-spice flavor. -Stephanie Bosma, Madison, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 bars.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce and oil until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in raisins. , Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. , In a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a glaze consistency. Spread over warm bars. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 166 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 108mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
RAISIN APPLESAUCE CAKE
This cake is one of my grandfather's favorites. And it seems like he always knows when you're making it-he must have a keen sense of smell! The recipe was passed down through the generations beginning with my great-grandmother. Sometimes I can imagine her making it all those years ago.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and shortening. Beat in molasses until blended; set aside. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce, beating well after each addition. Stir in raisins., Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cake will not rise to top of pan. After 10 minutes, remove cake from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 249mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APPLESAUCE RAISIN CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the applesauce. Fold in the walnuts and raisins. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473.1 calories, Carbohydrate 71.4 g, Cholesterol 53.8 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 252 mg, Sugar 41.5 g
FROSTED RAISIN BARS
aka Coffee Raisin Bars. A good "olde" recipe from the 50's. Posted in answer to a request. We've been enjoying these for years. One of those old-fashioned cookie bars people always like. Not elegant or gorgeous but just plain good.
Provided by Jezski
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine the liquid ingredients in pot, Bring to boil, boil 5 minutes, then let cool.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients with cooled ingredients.
- Spread in greased floured 11 x 15 pan.
- If batter is too thick, thin with sherry or rum or water before spreading.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 20 minutes approximately
- Spread frosting on warm cake.
- I think you could adjust any of the spices to your own taste, but we liked it as is.
More about "raisin applesauce bars caramel frosting recipe 415"
APPLESAUCE-RAISIN CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 18Calories 333 per serving
- To prepare cake, beat the first 3 ingredients with a mixer at low speed until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add applesauce; beat well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through salt), stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture; beat just until moist. Stir in raisins, pecans, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spoon the batter into 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on rack.
- To prepare icing, combine 1 cup brown sugar, milk, butter, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer until slightly thick (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add the powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and slightly warm. Cool 5 minutes (icing will thicken as it cools).
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - INSPIRATION KITCHEN
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE
APPLESAUCE RAISIN WALNUT SPICE CAKE RECIPE - BAKEPEDIA
COOKING LIGHT APPLESAUCE RAISIN CAKE W/ CARAMEL ICING
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - RUMBLY IN MY TUMBLY
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLESAUCE BUNDT CAKE WITH RAISINS AND NUTS - THE BEST CAKE …
APPLESAUCE RAISIN BARS - YUM TASTE
RAISIN SPICE BARS WITH ICING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - MAID IN MINNESOTA
APPLESAUCE CAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - WYSE GUIDE
RAISIN APPLESAUCE BARS & CARAMEL FROSTING - THESE ARE A …
RAISIN APPLESAUCE BARS & CARAMEL FROSTING | DESSERTS, …
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CARAMEL FROSTING RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
10 BEST OATMEAL RAISIN BARS WITH APPLESAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLESAUCE RAISIN CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APPLESAUCE COOKIES WITH CARAMEL FROSTING - CHEF IN TRAINING
APPLESAUCE-RAISIN CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING - ANTIPASTI RECIPES
APPLESAUCE RAISIN BARS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
OLD-FASHIONED BOILED RAISIN CAKE RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
APPLESAUCE-RAISIN CAKE WITH CARAMEL ICING | MYRECIPES RECIPE
CARAMEL APPLESAUCE BARS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APPLESAUCE RAISIN CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
RECIPE FOR APPLESAUCE RAISIN BARS | DEPORECIPE.CO
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH SPICED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
RAISIN BAR RECIPE WITH FROSTING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
APPLESAUCE BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - 5 BOYS BAKER
APPLESAUCE RAISIN BARS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make applesauce raisin cake?This Applesauce Raisin Cake is a wonderful dessert! Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, eggs, applesauce and buttermilk. Blend well with mixer. Whisk together dry ingredients. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients then add raisins and nuts. Spray bundt pan or 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
How do you make apple crisp with raisins?In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce and oil until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in raisins. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
What is the best frosting for applesauce bars?These Applesauce Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are the moistest bars you'll ever make, topped with a delectable Cream Cheese Frosting. Inspiration Kitchen entertain • inspire • encourage
What is the recipe for chocolate raisin cake?Full recipe steps and ingredient amounts for chocolate raisin cake is found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Bring to a boil, water, brown sugar, raisins, butter and cocoa. Let simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from heat and let cool. In a different bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.