RED APPLE, ONION, AND CABBAGE SALAD
- In a large bowl, rice vinegar,olive oil, sugar, horseradish, red onion,celery, and ginger.
- Add cabbage,apple and soy to taste mix well.
- Sprinkle with scallions.
FESTIVE RED SALAD
Cabbage, red onion, apple and beetroot - all the brightest purple fruit and veg makes up this winter salad with sweet vinaigrette
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Quarter the cabbage, then cut out the white core at the bottom and discard. Finely shred the cabbage and tip into a large mixing bowl with the onions, apples, beetroot and walnuts. Finely grate over the zest from the oranges.
- Cut a little from the top and bottom of each orange, so they sit flat on your work surface. Use a small, serrated knife to cut away the peel and pith in strips down the orange. Holding each orange over a bowl, cut away the segments, letting them and any juice drop into the bowl. Squeeze any juice left in the membranes into the bowl, too. Fish out the segments, roughly chop and add to the salad.
- Whisk the red wine vinegar, redcurrant jelly, honey and oil into the orange juice with some seasoning, then stir into the salad. Will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
BRAISED RED CABBAGE WITH APPLE AND ONION
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium. Add onion and apple; cook, stirring, until onion softens, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in red cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Add vinegar, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until cabbage is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3 g
CABBAGE AND APPLE SALAD
Wonderful for a BBQ! The veggies may be cut and the dressing made one day in advance, refrigerate the veggies in a sealed plastic bag. Cover and refrigerate the dressing. ALL ingredients may be adjusted to suit taste. Remember to add in the chopped apples just before serving, although the recipe states 2 apples, add in as much as you like! Prep time includes marinating time.... This salad is awesome!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a bowl, combine the cabbages, green onions (can use thinly sliced regular onions if desired), green and red bell peppers; toss well to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture; toss well to blend.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 (or more) hours.
- Add in the apple JUST before serving; toss.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.9, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 13.5, Sodium 201.9, Carbohydrate 28.2, Fiber 4.6, Sugar 17.2, Protein 2.9
RED CABBAGE AND APPLES
- Heat oil in a medium size saucepan. Stir in cabbage and onion; fry until wilted. Stir in apple and water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer about 25 minutes.
- Pour vinegar and sugar into the mixture while tasting for desired sweet and sour taste. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.1 calories, Carbohydrate 42.4 g, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 6.8 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 1215.8 mg, Sugar 30.8 g
BRAISED RED CABBAGE WITH RED ONION AND APPLES
Posted in response to a request, taken from The New Canadian Basics Cookbook. The cookbook states this is a wonderful side dish to serve with pork, poultry and sausages, and I'd have to agree.
Provided by Lennie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large heavy saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil then add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in cabbage, garlic and apples.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until cabbage begins to wilt.
- Stir in stock, vinegar, sugar and bay leaf.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until cabbage is soft and liquid has evaporated.
- Remove bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
RED CABBAGE WITH APPLES
My German grandmother passed this recipe down to my mother, who gave it to me. I remember eating it as a small child. This vegetable dish can be made quickly and goes great with roast pork or barbecued ribs, potatoes and biscuits.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until golden and tender. Add the cabbage, apples, cider, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until cabbage and apples are tender and the liquid is reduced. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 331mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
THE BEST RED CABBAGE SALAD
- Combine sugar, onion, and celery salt in a large bowl. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Add cabbage to the marinade and stir to combine. Pour in vinegar and oil and mix well. Season with black pepper; top with blue cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.8 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Cholesterol 12.7 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 832.4 mg, Sugar 18.8 g
RED CABBAGE AND ONIONS
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté cabbage, onions, thyme, salt, and pepper, stirring, 3 minutes. Cover skillet and reduce heat to moderate, then cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, about 12 minutes more.
More about "red apple onion and cabbage salad recipes"
RED CABBAGE AND APPLE SALAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.8/5 (9)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side Dish, SaladCalories 221 per serving
CABBAGE CARROT APPLE SALAD - NORDIC FOOD & LIVING
RED CABBAGE WITH APPLES AND ONIONS RECIPE | PBS FOOD
RED CABBAGE AND APPLE SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RED CABBAGE SALAD - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
RED CABBAGE SALAD « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
10 BEST GREEN CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLES RECIPES - YUMMLY
RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RED CABBAGE AND APPLE SALAD | TLN
PICKLED CABBAGE AND RED ONION SLAW RECIPE - A HEALTHY SIDE DISH
RED CABBAGE, CRANBERRY AND APPLE SLAW | RICARDO
COLORFUL CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLES, WALNUTS AND CRANBERRIES
RED CABBAGE AND CARROT SLAW RECIPE - DIETHOOD
RECIPES WITH RED APPLES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLE RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
RED CABBAGE AND ONIONS WITH APPLES & APRICOTS - NATIONAL ONION …
RED CABBAGE, CARROT AND APPLE SALAD - HEALTHYUMMY FOOD
APPLE WALNUTS AND RAISINS RED CABBAGE SALAD- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLE, ORANGE AND WALNUT | HEALTHY …
ANGELA HARTNETT'S RED CABBAGE & APPLE SALAD RECIPE
RED CABBAGE ONION APPLE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
POLISH RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLE & ONION » COFFEE & VANILLA
RED CABBAGE, APPLE AND WALNUT SLAW RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
APPLE RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
RED AND SAVOY CABBAGE SALAD WITH WALNUTS, ORANGE AND RED …
RED APPLE, ONION, AND CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
RED CABBAGE WITH APPLES AND ONIONS | RECIPE | RED CABBAGE WITH …
RED CABBAGE AND ONION SLAW RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
22 DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY RED CABBAGE RECIPES TO TRY
BRAISED CABBAGE WITH ONION AND APPLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
TANGY CARROT, RED CABBAGE & ONION SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICY BRAISED RED CABBAGE WITH APPLE AND ONION - FOODLE CLUB
RED CABBAGE SLAW (EASY & HEALTHY SIDE) - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
10 BEST GERMAN RED CABBAGE WITH APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
RED CABBAGE APPLE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE & WALNUTS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cabbage and apple salad?To make this recipe, you need to shred the cabbage, slice the apples and the red onion, add walnuts and raisins and make a simple dressing of oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and a little bit of sugar. It will only take 10 minutes to put it together, and the result will be a fabulous recipe, made with simple ingredients, perfect for the entire family.
What is the healthiest way to make red cabbage salad?Easy healthy Red Cabbage Salad with red bell peppers and onions. Homemade dressing is made with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil. Delicious clean eating salad! Add sugar, onion and celery salt to a large bowl. Stir. Put in refrigerator and let sit for 1 hour. Add cabbage and red pepper to the sugar mixture. Stir.
How do you make cabbage and celery salad mix?Add sugar, onion and celery salt to a large bowl. Stir. Put in refrigerator and let sit for 1 hour. Add cabbage and red pepper to the sugar mixture. Stir. Pour in apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and onion powder and mix so everything is combined.
Can you make cabbage and onion salad the night before?Plus, it can be made the night before. 1 Put the red cabbage and onion in a large bowl, season generously and toss with the red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and mustard. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to marinate for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.