SIMPLE RED CABBAGE SALAD
- Add 2 tsp salt to the cabbage and massage well until beginning to soften, a few minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes, or longer if you can.
- Rinse, drain and dry the cabbage. Add the vinegar and olive oil and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Finally, add the parsley. Serve immediately.
RED CABBAGE SALAD
- Combine cabbage and onion in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard and cumin.
- Pour over cabbage mixture.
- For best flavour allow to marinate a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts.
THE BEST RED CABBAGE SALAD
- Combine sugar, onion, and celery salt in a large bowl. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Add cabbage to the marinade and stir to combine. Pour in vinegar and oil and mix well. Season with black pepper; top with blue cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.8 calories, Carbohydrate 26.7 g, Cholesterol 12.7 mg, Fat 21 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 832.4 mg, Sugar 18.8 g
RED CABBAGE SALAD II
- In a bowl, mix the canola oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, seasoned salt, pepper, and onion powder. Place the cabbage in a large glass bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 225.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 578.4 mg, Sugar 7.5 g
RED CABBAGE SLAW
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and sugar until dissolved. Slowly whisk in oil, celery seed, salt and pepper to taste. Toss in cabbage, carrots, red onion and raisins to coat well. Cover and let sit at least 1 hour.
SHREDDED RED CABBAGE AND CARROT SALAD
This is a beautiful salad that keeps well for a few days in the refrigerator. For best results, make sure to shred the cabbage very thinly.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, weekday, salads and dressings
Yield Serves four
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cover the shredded cabbage with cold water, and let sit for 15 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Drain.
- Toss together the cabbage, carrots, parsley, chives and dill.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic and Dijon mustard. Whisk in the oil. Toss with the vegetables and herbs. Taste, adjust seasonings and serve. Alternately, allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 222, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 10 grams, Fat 21 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 336 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
RED CABBAGE SLAW
Gladys De Boer offers an alternative to traditional coleslaw with this colorful contribution. The Castleford, Idaho subscriber tosses shredded red cabbage with a homemade honey-mustard dressing for refreshing results.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and mustard; shake well. Place cabbage in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186 calories, Fat 17g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 125mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
WARM RED CABBAGE SALAD
The classic combination of apples and cabbage is sparked by the addition of walnuts and goat cheese in this interesting salad from The Greens Cookbook.
Provided by Geema
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a 350 degree oven, toast the walnuts that have been tossed with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes, being careful to not let them burn.
- In a large saute pan or skillet over medium high heat, add the vinegar, garlic and oil.
- As soon as they are hot, add the onions and cook for only 30 seconds or so.
- Next add the cabbage and cook for just about 2 minutes, stirring continually, until color changes from bright purple to pink.
- Season with salt, pepper and a dash more vinegar.
- Remove the wilted cabbage to individual salad plates and top with the apples, walnuts, goat cheese, and herbs.
More about "red cabbage salad recipes"
10 BEST SIMPLE CABBAGE SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
25 BEST RED CABBAGE RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH RED CABBAGE
RED CABBAGE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
RED CABBAGE AND APPLE SALAD | TLN
RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
22 DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY RED CABBAGE RECIPES TO TRY
RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE THIS SIDE DISH FROM …
15 RED CABBAGE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE | TASTE OF HOME
RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - EYES CLOSED COOKING
RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE IS EASY AND ECONOMICAL TO MAKE
RED CABBAGE AND BACON SALAD - LIDIA
10 BEST CABBAGE SALAD RECIPES WITH PLENTY OF CRUNCH
SIMPLE RAW RED CABBAGE SALAD - KITCHENETTE RECIPES
GERMAN RED CABBAGE SALAD - ALL TASTES GERMAN
NORTHWOODS INN RED CABBAGE SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RED CABBAGE SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
THAI SESAME RED CABBAGE AND CARROT SALAD - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
NORTH WOODS INN COPYCAT RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE
RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH APPLE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - THE WHOLESOME RECIPE BOX
RED CABBAGE SALAD - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
15+ EASY RED CABBAGE RECIPES | EATINGWELL
ASIAN CABBAGE SALAD WITH SESAME OIL DESSING - HEALTHY RECIPES …
WARM RED CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RED CABBAGE AND CARROT SLAW RECIPE - DIETHOOD
NORTHWOODS INN RED CABBAGE SALAD SLAW - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHREDDED RED CABBAGE, CARROT AND MINT SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
ISRAELI RED CABBAGE SALAD - LADY LEE'S HOME
RED CABBAGE SALAD « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
RED CABBAGE WREATH SALAD RECIPE - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
SHREDDED RED CABBAGE - TURKISH KEBAB SALAD - FLAWLESS FOOD
ASIAN CABBAGE SALAD WITH PEANUT DRESSING – WELLPLATED.COM
TOP 10 RED CABBAGE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SLAW (NO MAYO) RECIPE - UNPEELED
CRUNCHY RED CABBAGE SALAD - A BUDGET-FRIENDLY, EASY SALAD
RED CABBAGE SLAW (EASY & HEALTHY SIDE) - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
10 BEST RED CABBAGE SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
ISRAELI RED CABBAGE SALAD - YARDEN COPYCAT! | FAMILY-FRIENDS-FOOD
RED CABBAGE SLAW (QUICK HOMEMADE DRESSING) - SPEND WITH …
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #salads #vegetables #easy #european #spring #summer #dutch #dietary #gluten-free #seasonal #free-of-something #brunch #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the healthiest way to make red cabbage salad?Easy healthy Red Cabbage Salad with red bell peppers and onions. Homemade dressing is made with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil. Delicious clean eating salad! Add sugar, onion and celery salt to a large bowl. Stir. Put in refrigerator and let sit for 1 hour. Add cabbage and red pepper to the sugar mixture. Stir.
How do you make cabbage and celery salad mix?Add sugar, onion and celery salt to a large bowl. Stir. Put in refrigerator and let sit for 1 hour. Add cabbage and red pepper to the sugar mixture. Stir. Pour in apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and onion powder and mix so everything is combined.
How do you make a salad with shredded cabbage and carrots?Whisk to combine. Toss the salad: Add shredded cabbage and 4 oz carrots into the bowl. Mix to distribute the dressing evenly. Serve: Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle 0.7 oz toasted almonds over the salad and serve.
How long do you boil cabbage to make salad?Add vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper to a small pot and bring to a boil. Pour hot mixture over the shredded cabbage. Knead the salad for about 3 to 5 min. and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours before serving.