RED CHILI SHRIMP STIR-FRY RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: large shrimp, red bell pepper, red pepper flakes, low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, green onion
Provided by Joey Firoben
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the shrimp and season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Fry the shrimp for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Toss in the red bell pepper, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, and red pepper flakes and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in the soy sauce and sauté about 1 more minute.
- Toss the shrimp back into the pan and mix until everything is well incorporated and the shrimp is fully cooked, about 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 4 bowls and top with green onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 197 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 23 grams, Sugar 2 grams
SHRIMP IN RED CHILI SAUCE
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, dry-roast chilies, pressing down on all sides until fragrant and toasted, 4 minutes. Do not burn. In bowl, soak in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain, seed and chop coarsely; set aside.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, roast tomatillos and red pepper, turning often, until charred all over and softened, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly; skin and seed.
- In blender or food processor, combine chopped chilies, tomatillos, red pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper, purée until smooth. Using wooden spoon, press through fine sieve into bowl.
- In clean skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat. Add chili sauce; cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until thickened and slightly darkened. Transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet; stir-fry shrimp over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright pink and opaque. Immediately pour sauce over shrimp. Let stand at room temperature for shrimp to absorb flavour, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve slightly warm with toothpicks.
OVEN ROASTED SHRIMP WITH TOASTED GARLIC AND RED CHILE OIL
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place the shrimp in a cazuela or an ovenproof casserole and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle olive oil over shrimp, add crushed garlic, and toss to coat. Roast in the oven until pink and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drizzle generously with Red Chile Oil and sprinkle with thyme and Toasted Garlic Chips. Serve with crusty bread.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 dried chiles de arbol, lightly toasted and crushed
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- Blend all ingredients including the thyme leaves in a blender until smooth.. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a small skillet until it begins to shimmer. Add the garlic and cook until the slices begin to brown and curl. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels and season with salt.
RED CHILI SHRIMP
Based on the Malay dish called Sambal Udang. Really spicy but not TOO hot and yummy with white rice or coconut rice and thickly sliced cucumbers to cool your tongue. It doesn't look impressive but given the ease of the recipe and the small number of ingredients, I think you will find it surprisingly flavourful.
Provided by danadooley
Yield 4 portions, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut up chilies, shallots and garlic and pop in the blender. Process with minimal water till you get a not too smooth paste.
- Heat 5tbs oil in a wok or deep pan till very hot then fry shrimp only till they change colour. Remove from pan, leaving oil behind and set aside.
- Add another tbs oil to pan and when hot, add chili paste and fry till fragrant and glistening. Return shrimp to pan and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Season and add lime juice (to taste) and water. Stir well. Turn off heat and serve with white or coconut rice and sliced cucumbers if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.9, Fat 2.8, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 190, Sodium 782.2, Carbohydrate 18.5, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 7.7, Protein 28.7
- Using a mortar and pestle pound the garlic until semifine, then add the chilies and pound until the mixture is fairly fine and has turned a bright red.
- Cut the shrimp down the back and remove the black vein. Do not shell the shrimp. Set aside.
- Place a wok or a large frying pan over high heat, add the oil and, when it is smoking, add the pounded garlic and chili. Stir-fry for about one minute, then add shrimp and salt to taste. Stir-fry for four to five minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked and turns a bright orange. Adjust seasoning. Serve immediately, with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 296, UnsaturatedFat 14 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 1285 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
THAI-INSPIRED RED CURRY SHRIMP
Creamy, wonderful Thai-inspired red curry and shrimp dish, tastes just like in restaurants. Serve with jasmine rice or noodles of your choice and top with fresh basil or cilantro. Also wonderful with chicken, and feel free to play around with adding different veggies, yum!
Provided by babyluv26
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds. Add onion and heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add carrots and red pepper and saute until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk, soy sauce, and curry paste; stir until curry paste and coconut milk are well blended. Stir in shrimp. Lower the heat and simmer until the shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.5 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 28 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 22.7 g, SaturatedFat 21 g, Sodium 714.6 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
THAI SHRIMP AND ROASTED RED CHILI STIR-FRY
This recipe tastes just like it came from a restaurant! I found this on the Thai Kitchen website. The sauce can be made to suit your taste. The best part is that it's simple but impressive (and next-day leftovers taste great too!).
Provided by Crystal Rose
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, roasted red chili paste and fish sauce and continue stir-frying for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion starts to wilt and soften. (Tip: start with the minimum amounts of these 3 ingredients and add more to taste. I like mine with more brown sugar and 1/2 Tbsp more chili paste).
- Add the peppers and peas and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp have turned orange-pink in color and are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the sauce needs thickening, combine cornstarch and chicken broth or water and add to wok. Cook until thick and bubbly.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with hot jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 16.9, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 271.3, Sodium 1659.5, Carbohydrate 16.6, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 9.2, Protein 39.5
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water and pat dry with paper towls. Add the shrimp and seasoning mix to a plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Heat the butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat until the butter has melted. Raise the heat to medium-high; when the butter begins to pop and sizzle add the shrimp to the pan. Cook and stir the shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with lime wedges and serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.9 g, Cholesterol 210.7 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 910.9 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
This spicy shrimp appetizer is a hit at every buffet I host. The fiery sauce clings to the succulent shrimp, which look so pretty arranged on a festive platter. Best of all, the shrimp can be easily prepared the day before your event.-Beth Schaefer, Sherwood, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink., Add ketchup mixture to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion and sesame oil. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 19 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 58mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchange
More about "red chili shrimp recipes"
THAI-STYLE GINGER & SWEET RED CHILI SHRIMP
Cuisine Asian, ThaiCategory DinnerServings 4-6Calories 198 per serving
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with the dry sherry and salt and marinate for 30 minutes; toss every so often.
- Heat a large wok or 12-inch skillet until very hot. While the pan is heating, lay the shrimp out on paper towels and pat dry. Add 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil to the pan and heat until sizzling. Add half of the shrimp to the pan (they should be in a single layer) and stir-fry (cook, stirring continuously) until just pink but not cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer the partially cooked shrimp to a plate, then add the remaining two tablespoons of peanut oil to the pan and heat until sizzling; add the remaining shrimp and stir-fry as you did the first batch. When the shrimp are just pink but not cooked through, add the reserved shrimp back to the pan along with the ginger, garlic, sweet red chili sauce and jalapeño peppers; stir-fry for about 1 minute more. Add the water, soy sauce, scallions and bell peppers and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Do not overcook. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the shrimp to a serving dish. Continue to cook the sauce until s
- Note: When working with jalapeño peppers, be careful to minimize contact with the seeds. Simply cut the flesh off the seeds and stem, then chop the flesh. If you touch the seeds, wash your hands well.
- Note: To grate fresh ginger, first peel the skin and then rub the ginger root along a rasp or fine grater. Watch your fingers!
10 BEST GREEN CHILI SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET RED CHILI SHRIMP PASTA - SWEET BABY RAY'S
RED LOBSTERS SWEET CHILI SHRIMP RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP IN RED PEPPER JELLY GLAZE - CHUGWATER CHILI
RED LOBSTER SWEET CHILI SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP AND RED BEAN CHILI RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
30 MINUTE SWEET CHILI SHRIMP - JULIA'S ALBUM
SHRIMP WITH RED CHILI COCONUT SAUCE RECIPE | FOODAL
RED CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE - FOG HARBOR
SHRIMP IN RED SAUCE RECIPE - 30-MINUTE MEAL - COOKIN …
SWEET CHILI SHRIMP - CHILI SHRIMP RECIPE - RASA MALAYSIA
SWEET CHILI SHRIMP STIR-FRY RECIPE | FRANK'S REDHOT® US
THAI-STYLE GINGER AND SWEET RED CHILI SHRIMP RECIPE
SERIOUSLY GOOD TEXAS INSPIRED RED CHILI
ASIAN CHILLI GARLIC PRAWNS (SHRIMP) | RECIPETIN EATS
THAI GINGER & SWEET RED CHILI SHRIMP - AMERICAN RECIPES
10 BEST SWEET CHILI SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILI-GARLIC SHRIMP WITH RED PEPPERS - CHATELAINE
CRISPY COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SWEET RED CHILI SAUCE
SPICY RED PEPPER GARLIC SHRIMP - ISABEL EATS
SWEET CHILI SHRIMP (GRILL OR STOVETOP) - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SWEET RED CHILI SAUCE | CLUB HOUSE CA
RECIPE: JUMBO SHRIMP WITH RED CHILE SAUCE | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
GLAZED SWEET CHILI SHRIMP RECIPE | FRANK'S REDHOT® US
RED CHILI SHRIMP RECIPE - RED.FOOD.COM | SWEET CHILI SHRIMP …
CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP - THE WOKS OF LIFE
RED LOBSTER SWEET CHILI SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD14.COM
SHRIMP IN RED CHILI SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SWEET RED CHILI SAUCE | THAI KITCHEN
SHRIMP AND ROASTED RED CHILI PASTE STIR-FRY | THAI KITCHEN
SWEET & SPICY RED CHILI SHRIMP SAUTé | SALADMASTER RECIPES
CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP - JO COOKS
SWEET CHILI SAUCE SHRIMP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RED CHILI GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE - FOG HARBOR FISH HOUSE, PIER39
AGUACHILE (MEXICAN STYLE SHRIMP CEVICHE) - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
#lactose #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #malaysian #main-dish #seafood #asian #easy #shrimp #dietary #spicy #gluten-free #inexpensive #egg-free #free-of-something #shellfish #taste-mood
You'll also love