RASPBERRY RED VELVET CAKE
Puréed fruit imparts much of the colouring in this rosy hued cake, that combines raspberries, cocoa and a good helping of cream cheese frosting
Provided by Jo Wheatley
Yield Cuts into 8 slices
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line the bases of 2 x 20cm sandwich tins with baking parchment. Using an electric hand whisk, beat together the caster sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add half to the egg mixture and fold in carefully. Mix together the buttermilk, vinegar, cream cheese, raspberry purée and food gel. Fold half the buttermilk mixture into the cake batter and repeat the process with both the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture.
- Spoon the combined mixtures into your prepared tins and cook for about 25-30 mins, until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack.
- For the frosting, mix together the icing sugar and butter until soft and creamy, then stir in the cream cheese. Sandwich the cooled cakes together with half of the frosting, adding 150g fresh raspberries if you like, then spread the remaining frosting over the top. Will keep for up to 3 days in a cool place.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 750 calories, Fat 41 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 86 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 62 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 1.2 milligram of sodium
GRANDMA'S RED VELVET CAKE
It's just not Christmas at our house until this festive cake appears. This is different from other red velvets I've had; the icing is as light as snow. -Kathryn Davison, Charlotte, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition., Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool layers 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. , For frosting, combine water and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until thickened and opaque, 2-3 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Beat butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in cornstarch mixture. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 595 calories, Fat 34g fat (21g saturated fat), Cholesterol 115mg cholesterol, Sodium 564mg sodium, Carbohydrate 71g carbohydrate (52g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
RED VELVET CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9-inch round pans.
- Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar until very light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Make a paste of cocoa and red food coloring; add to creamed mixture. Mix salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and buttermilk together. Add the flour to the batter, alternating with the buttermilk mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Mix soda and vinegar and gently fold into cake batter. Don't beat or stir the batter after this point.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool cakes completely on wire rack.
- To Make Icing: Cook 5 tablespoons flour and milk over low heat till thick, stirring constantly. Let cool completely! While mixture is cooling, beat 1 cup sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy. Add cooled flour mixture and beat until frosting is a good spreading consistency. Frost cake layers when completely cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 513.4 calories, Carbohydrate 66.6 g, Cholesterol 74.1 mg, Fat 25.7 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.6 g, Sodium 502.5 mg, Sugar 43.8 g
RED VELVET CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES AND BLUEBERRIES
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides. Sift sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl. Whisk buttermilk, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla in small bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Beat in dry ingredients in 4 additions alternately with buttermilk mixture in 3 additions.
- Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 27 minutes. Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes. Turn cakes out onto racks; cool completely.
- For frosting:
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer, flat side up, on platter. Spread 1 cup frosting over top of cake. Arrange 1 basket raspberries and 1/2 basket blueberries atop frosting, pressing lightly to adhere. Top with second cake layer, flat side down. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Arrange remaining berries decoratively over top of cake. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.)
RED VELVET CAKE WITH RASPBERRY FILLING
A delicious sounding variation on the Red Velvet Cake. I had never heard of Red Velvet Cake until I visited my husband's relatives in Chicago. (They even have Duncan Hienz Red Velvet Cake Mix there). It a traditional holiday cake in their family and since I tried it I have been on a quest for the best recipe. This is my latest contender gleaned from the pages of Cooking Light.
Provided by SharleneW
Yield 1 9inch 2layer cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray and line bottoms of pans with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Measure out 3 cups cake flour by spooning into measuring cup and leveling with a knife.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat granulated sugar and butter with a mixer at medium speed for 4 minutes or until well blended.
- Add egg whites to sugar mixture, beat at medium speed for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Combine buttermilk, food coloring, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Tap pans sharply on counter to remove any large air bubbles.
- Bake at 350°F for 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake).
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- For frosting: Combine cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Beat with a mixer at high speed for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat at low speed just until blended.
- To assemble cake: Place 1 cake layer on plate; spread with jam; top with second cake layer.
- Spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.3, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 24.7, Sodium 282.2, Carbohydrate 69.2, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 46.1, Protein 4.5
More about "red velvet cake with raspberries and almonds recipes"
RED RASPBERRY VELVET CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 Calories 308 per servingServings 18
- Lightly spoon 3 cups cake flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and next 3 ingredients (through salt). Set aside.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter with a mixer at medium speed 4 minutes or until well blended. Add egg whites to sugar mixture; beat at medium speed 5 minutes or until fluffy. Combine buttermilk, food coloring, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
RED VELVET CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES - SPOON UNIVERSITY
RASPBERRY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
BEST RASPBERRY PINK VELVET CAKE RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE (EASY RECIPE) - PRETTY. SIMPLE.
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC RED VELVET CAKE - KITCHN
RED VELVET CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES AND BLUEBERRIES RECIPE
RED VELVET CAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE (FROM-SCRATCH) - BUTTERY …
RECIPE | RED VELVET ALMOND CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES - FISHER NUTS
Servings 12Category Desserts,Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line the bottoms of 2 9-inch cake pans with parchment or wax paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the cake: In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, 5-8 minutes. Add eggs one by one and mix until each is fully incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the food coloring and vanilla. Blend into butter mixture. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Alternating in 2 batches each, add dry ingredients and buttermilk to the butter mixture. Stir in half of the almonds
- Bake the cake: Divide batter evenly between the 2 prepared pans, place in the center of the oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until the tip of a small knife inserted in the venter emerges clean. Cool
RASPBERRY ALMOND CAKE - THE BEST SNACK CAKE - COUNTESS IN THE …
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RED VELVET & RASPBERRY SUPREME CAKE – SWEETAPOLITA™
AMAZING RASPBERRY ALMOND CAKE | SWEETEST MENU
THE RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RASPBERRY ALMOND CAKE WITH CRUMB TOPPING - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
10 BEST ALMOND FLOUR RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES - YUMMLY
RED VELVET BUNDT CAKE | BAKING IT BEAUTIFUL
VEGAN BEET RED VELVET CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES
RED VELVET CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES AND ALMONDS – RECIPES NETWORK
RASPBERRY AND ALMOND LAYER CAKE - BAKING WITH AIMEE.
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
ALMOND CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
ALMOND RASPBERRY SWIRL CAKE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
EASY RED VELVET BERRY CAKE (WITH STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES)
RED VELVET CAKE WITH RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
FISHER NUTS | RECIPE | RED VELVET ALMOND CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES
THE BEST RASPBERRY ALMOND CAKE - ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
FISHER NUTS | RECIPE | RED VELVET ALMOND CAKE WITH RASPBERRIES
RASPBERRY ALMOND CRUMB CAKE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
RASPBERRY ALMOND RICOTTA CAKE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
RED VELVET ALMOND MARBLE BUNDT CAKE – BON APPéT'EAT
RASPBERRY AND ALMOND CAKE | LOVEFOODIES
RED VELVET CAKE: A BEAUTIFUL RED VELVET CAKE TO WOW YOUR GUESTS!
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
ALMOND RASPBERRY CAKE | JEN'S FAVORITE COOKIES
ALMOND RASPBERRY SHEET CAKE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
You'll also love