QUICK AND EASY REFRIED BEANS
- Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic cloves in hot oil, turning once, until brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Smash garlic cloves in skillet with a fork.
- Stir pinto beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt into mashed garlic and cook until beans are thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Smash bean mixture with a potato masher to desired texture. Squeeze lime juice over smashed beans and stir until combined.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.1 g, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 4.8 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 323.2 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
Heat up a skillet for Ellie Krieger's healthier Refried Beans recipe from Food Network, a classic Mexican side dish seasoned with chili powder and cilantro.
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 4 (1/2 cup) servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and chili powder and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the beans and chicken broth and cook until the beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Mash the beans coarsely with the back of a wooden spoon, adding more chicken broth to moisten, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans thoroughly, then place them in a large pot with the bacon. Pour water over the top. Use enough water to cover the beans by 1 or 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 2 to 3 hours. If the liquid seems to evaporate too quickly, add more water during the cooking process. The beans are done when they're fork tender, without much bite.
- Add the chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir and taste, adjusting the seasoning as necessary. Add in other seasonings as desired.
- Heat the fat in a large skillet and cook the onions until translucent. Add the beans to the skillet and mash them until they're the consistency you want. Stir and cook them until heated, then add the grated cheese. Top with the jalapenos.
HOW TO MAKE CANNED REFRIED BEANS TASTE BETTER
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant over low heat.
- Add refried beans, break up and combine with butter, onion, and garlic.
- Add half and half, stir.
- Add sour cream
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin to taste (I used 1 teaspoon of each).
- Add cheese.
AUTHENTIC REFRIED BEANS
- Put beans and water into Dutch oven.
- Soak at least six hours.
- Pour beans into colander and rinse thoroughly.
- Add two cups water back into the Dutch oven, along with bacon grease, garlic powder, bouillon and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmering for about four to six hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- You'll know when the frijoles are done because they'll be very tender.
- Mash until about only half are left whole.
THE "BEST" REFRIED BEANS
I love this recipe, plus if you increase the amount of beans, you don't have to use them all for the recipe, the leftover beans are good to freeze and make refried beans in the future.
Provided by Mebriella
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place pinto beans and garlic in crockpot and cover with water.
- Cook beans until tender, usually 3 hours on high.
- In a large saucepan, melt the bacon grease on medium heat.
- Add DRAINED beans to saucepan, do not discard the bean broth though.
- Mash the beans with a mashed potato masher, you can make the beans as lumpy or as smooth as you wish.
- Once they are mashed to your liking, add the butter.
- Add enough bean broth to the mashed beans. You can add more if you like your beans close to the runny side, or less broth if you like your beans nice and thick.
- Lastly season with salt/pepper to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89.9, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.1, Cholesterol 7.1, Sodium 20.5, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 3.4
More about "refried beans recipes"
RECIPES WITH REFRIED BEANS | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST REFRIED BEANS MEALS RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR #1 FAVOURITE HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE BY OWL CREEK …
REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) | MEXICAN MADE MEATLESS™
AUTHENTIC REFRIED BEANS (BETTER THAN A RESTAURANT!) - HOUSE OF …
AUTHENTIC CHEF JOHN'S REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - THEFOODXP
EASY HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS USING CANNED BEANS - THE HUNGRY …
10 BEST CANNED REFRIED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5 RECIPES USING REFRIED BEANS - THE SPRUCE EATS
REFRIED BEANS JUST LIKE A MEXICAN RESTAURANT - COPYKAT RECIPES
EASY WAYS TO USE CANNED REFRIED BEANS - BEST REFRIED BEAN RECIPES
REFRIED BEAN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
EASY REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
EASY REFRIED BEANS - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
THE BEST HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
CANNED REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - GO MONEY MOM
HOW TO MAKE REFRIED BEANS - TASTE OF HOME
REFRIED BEANS RECIPES - NYT COOKING
REFRIED BEANS (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT) - INSPIRED TASTE
AUTHENTIC REFRIED BEANS - KEVIN IS COOKING
EASY REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - IZZYCOOKING
EASY HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS [STEP-BY-STEP] - MEXICAN FOOD JOURNAL
REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
THE BEST REFRIED BEANS RECIPE FROM CANNED BEANS
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS | LUTONILOLA.NET
HOW TO MAKE REFRIED BEANS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
EASY REFRIED PINTO BEANS - LITTLE BROKEN
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST REFRIED BEANS! | GIMME SOME OVEN
THE BEST HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS | KITCHN
HOMEMADE REFRIED BEANS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CLASSIC REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PERFECT REFRIED BEANS (FRIJOLES REFRITOS) RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOW TO: MAKE CANNED REFRIED BEANS TASTE LIKE A RESTAURANT'S
THE BEST REFRIED BEANS RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SLOW COOKER REFRIED BEANS - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
REFRIED BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #side-dishes #beans #steam #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #spicy #taste-mood #equipment #technique #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love