RICH FRUIT KUCHENS
This German classic is such a part of our reunions, we designate a special place to serve it. Five generations flock to the "Kuchen Room" for this coffee cake. -Stephanie Schentzel, Northville, South Dakota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 coffee cakes (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, salt, oil, egg and 2-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate overnight., The next day, for custard, whisk the eggs, cream and sugar in a large bowl until combined; set aside. Divide dough into 4 portions. , On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Press each circle onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Arrange 2 to 2-1/2 cups of fruit in each crust. Pour 1 cup custard over fruit., For topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle 1/3 cup over each coffee cake. Cover edges of dough with foil. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and custard reaches 160°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 69mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture. Spread dough with hands over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of prepared springform pan. Arrange peach slices in a spoke pattern over the dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.3 calories, Carbohydrate 23.4 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 159.8 mg, Sugar 14.4 g
This German recipe-passed down by my grandma-is one of the first desserts I made when I was young. I remember patting the crust into the pan many times. Now I work at a bakery but still make it often, especially in the summer when fresh fruit is plentiful. -Connie Meiselwitz, Kiel, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. Mix egg and milk; add to flour mixture., Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange fruit on crust. Combine remaining filling ingredients; pour over fruit. For topping, combine ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until fruit is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 177mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
These bars should be made by patient bakers with a bit of time - they look best when the apples are lined up in neat columns. This is not to say that it makes any difference in the way they taste.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 20 to 25 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- To make the crust: Place the flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl or food processor fitted with a steel blade and mix to combine. Add the vanilla and butter, a little at a time, and mix until it resembles cornmeal. Press into the prepared baking pan and transfer to the oven. Bake until slightly golden but not brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- To make the filling: Place the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle and beat until creamy. Add the egg, mix to combine, an pour over the cooled crust.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the apples on top of the filling in two or three columns. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and transfer to the oven. Bake until firm and a rich brown, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 to 24 pieces.
More about "rich fruit kuchens recipes"
10 BEST GERMAN KUCHEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
COOKING KUCHEN - SOUTH DAKOTA MAGAZINE
10 BEST GERMAN FRUIT KUCHEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
DAKOTA PEACH KUCHEN | COOK'S COUNTRY RECIPE
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Cuisine Europe, GermanTotal Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Breakfast, BrunchCalories 242 per serving
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS | RECIPE CART
FRUIT KUCHEN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE LEBKUCHEN (GERMAN GINGERBREAD) - THE SPRUCE EATS
KUCHEN: SOUTHERN CHILE DESSERT WITH GERMAN ROOTS
FRUIT TART RECIPE CUSTARD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS | RECIPE | FOOD, RECIPES, GERMAN DESSERTS
DAKOTA KUCHEN - PRAIRIE CALIFORNIAN
KUCHEN COFFEE CAKE RECIPE: TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS | KATHY | COPY ME THAT
PLUM KUCHEN WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE RICH FRUIT KUCHENS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS | RECIPE | BEST BREAKFAST RECIPES, RECIPES, COFFEE …
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
RECIPE: KUCHEN - AUTHENTIC (WITH YEAST DOUGH CRUST) - RECIPELINK.COM
FRUIT TOPPING RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TASTE OF HOME - RICH FRUIT KUCHENS | FACEBOOK
RICH FRUIT KUCHENS | RECIPE | FRUIT, TASTE OF HOME, GERMAN DESSERTS
FRUIT KUCHENS - KITCHEN PROJECT
SWEET KUCHEN DOUGH RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
32 GERMAN DESSERT RECIPES FROM OMA’S KITCHEN - MSN.COM
GERMAN PEACH KUCHEN - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
GERMAN PEACH KUCHEN CAKE WITH ALMOND STREUSEL - WHATSINTHEPAN
GERMAN AUTUMN FRUIT KUCHEN RECIPES
TOP 48 BEST SOFT PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE-RECIPES
WHAT THE HECK IS KUCHEN? - FARMERS' ALMANAC
You'll also love