RICOTTA POUND CAKE
Adapted from, a recipe from Dolce Italiano. Flavor is best the next day. Dust with powdered sugar before serving if you like. I like pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 1 loaf cake
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 350°F (177°C).
- Place oven rack in the center position.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In a large stand mixer bowl, cream together the butter, ricotta, and sugar, then adding eggs, one at a time, allowing each to incorporate before adding the next. Add vanilla.
- Set mixer speed to low, and gradually add the dry ingredients. Once added, allow the batter to mix for 30 seconds or so.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the batter.
- Bake the cake on the center rack for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 325°F (160°C) and bake about 25-60 minutes more, or until cake springs back from touch and has slightly pulled away from pan sides, and a toothpick comes out clean (baking time is approximate: the amount of water in the ricotta determines the baking time in the end).
- Cool the cake inside the loaf pan for 15 minutes before removing. Allow the cake to finish cooling outside the pan from then on.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4012.2, Fat 202, SaturatedFat 123, Cholesterol 1112.2, Sodium 3201.4, Carbohydrate 476.5, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 302.8, Protein 78.7
VANILLA RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH MAPLE GLAZE
Provided by Georgia
Number Of Ingredients 14
- For the Vanilla Ricotta Pound Cake: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Position oven rack to lower third. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan and lay a strip of parchment paper along the bottom for easy cake removal.
- In a medium bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter, ricotta and sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat eggs in one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add vanilla bean paste and extract. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients until well combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth down with a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes then turn pan 180 degrees to ensure even browning. Lower temperature to 325 degrees F and bake about 40 minutes more, until cake springs back lightly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before adding maple glaze (recipe below).
- For the Maple Glaze: In small bowl, whisk all ingredients until smooth and creamy. If too thin, add a little more powdered sugar. If too thick, add a little more maple syrup. Or, you can also use cream or milk to thin.
- Drizzle over cooled pound cake and let glaze set before serving.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 grams, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams unsaturated fat
RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH VANILLA BEAN
A delicious and rich pound cake flavored with ricotta and real vanilla. If you don't have a vanilla bean, feel free to swap it out for vanilla extract. This cake is fantastic when served with fresh berries and/or whipped cream.
Provided by Kim
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream together ricotta, butter, and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 7 minutes. Mixture will look somewhat grainy and curdled--this is normal. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat batter an additional 2 to 3 minutes on medium-high speed after adding the last egg. Mix in almond extract.
- Use a small paring knife to slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape the seeds out of each half and add to the batter. Mix on low speed until vanilla seeds are evenly dispersed.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter, mixing until only just combined. Mix in remaining dry ingredients until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Tap pan lightly on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles.
- Place pan into preheated oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 70 to 75 minutes. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Gently run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen, the remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.5 calories, Carbohydrate 37.1 g, Cholesterol 114.4 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 8.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 273.2 mg, Sugar 21.4 g
LEMON RICOTTA POUND CAKE
I love the texture of this cake. The major contributors are the use of cake flour (versus ap flour) and of course the ricotta cheese! Lemon is what gets me going but orange works well with this too. Try it with some strawberries as you would strawberry shortcake. Its too yummy to pass up.
Provided by carbsrfromhvn
Yield 1 loaf, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip together butter and ricotta cheese. This recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups. I use an entire 15 oz container.
- Add sugar and blend.
- Beat in one egg at a time until combined.
- Contine adding extract, zest, and juice. You may scale back the amount of zest. I love the flavor punch, so I use the zest of two lemons.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Combine wet with dry turning mixture into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake about 50 minutes. Because of the ricotta cake may have a slight wiggle.
- If you wish, stem and slice strawberries. Add a few tablespoons of sugar and the juice of the remaining lemon. This is a great topping for the cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571.5, Fat 26, SaturatedFat 15.4, Cholesterol 166.8, Sodium 739.7, Carbohydrate 83.2, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 50.4, Protein 6.8
CLASSIC RICOTTA POUND CAKE RECIPE
Provided by BobLongo
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Servings: 12 Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 1 hr Total Time 1 hr 15 mins Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, ricotta, and sugar until smooth about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. The batter may look curdled at this point. It's okay just keep mixing. Add the flour mixture and either vanilla extract or lemon zest and extract, depending on which you prefer. Scrap down sides and allow to beat about 30 seconds. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Test cake by inserting a wooden pick into the center. If the pick is clean or has dry crumbs the cake is cooked perfectly. Allow cake to cool on wire rack 15 minutes before inverting onto serving tray.
More about "ricotta pound cake with vanilla bean recipes"
RICOTTA POUNDCAKE - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
RICOTTA CAKE WITH BROWNED BUTTER GLAZE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
VANILLA RICOTTA DESSERT - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
VANILLA BEAN RICOTTA CHEESECAKE CAKE - CHEZ CATEYLOU
VANILLA BEAN RICOTTA COOKIES - THEBESTDESSERTRECIPES.COM
RICOTTA POUND CAKE - FAMILY SAVVY
RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES - GIADZY
VANILLA BEAN POUND CAKE - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
15 RICOTTA CAKE RECIPES TO TRY ASAP | ALLRECIPES
CLASSIC RICOTTA POUND CAKE - CALL ME PMC
FRIDAY COFFEE CAKE: RICOTTA POUND CAKE, GLUTEN-FREE
LEMON RICOTTA CAKE WITH DREAMY VANILLA PASTRY CREAM
THE BEST VANILLA BEAN POUND CAKE - THE DOMESTIC REBEL
ITALIAN RICOTTA POUND CAKE - BIGOVEN.COM
THE BEST VANILLA BEAN CAKE RECIPE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
RICOTTA CAKE RECIPE - DELISH.COM
RICOTTA CAKE - SWEETBITES
VANILLA RICOTTA POUND CAKE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH FRESH BERRIES - CREATIVE CULINARY
VANILLA RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH MAPLE GLAZE | RECIPELION.COM
VANILLA RICOTTA POUND CAKE RECIPE
RICOTTA POUND CAKE - AEG APPLIANCES
RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH VANILLA BEAN | RECIPE | VANILLA BEAN …
RICOTTA CHOCOLATE CHIP POUND CAKE - KEES TO THE KITCHEN
RICOTTA POUND CAKE – FOOD MADE WITH LOVE
FRUITY RICOTTA POUND CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
RICOTTA POUND CAKE – FARMTOCURB
CHERRY RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
GLAZED RICOTTA WITH VANILLA BEAN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BLUEBERRY RICOTTA POUND CAKE - EMILY LAURAE
RICOTTA POUND CAKE - THE KITCHEN CHRONICLES
VANILLA RICOTTA POUND CAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE - THE BAKING CHOCOLATESS
ORANGE RICOTTA POUND CAKE RECIPE - TARTISTRY .COM
RICOTTA CHEESE POUND CAKE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
10 BEST RICOTTA CHEESE POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH FRESH BERRIES RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
10 BEST RICOTTA CHEESE POUND CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE RICOTTA POUND CAKE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GET RICOTTA POUND CAKE WITH VANILLA BEAN PICS - IDEAS RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is classic ricotta pound cake?Classic Ricotta Pound Cake is moist, buttery, and rich. This pound cake recipe yields a very dense but moist cake. It's a smaller pound cake that makes one loaf pan instead of the standard tube or bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
How do you make ricotta cheese cake mix?In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, ricotta, and sugar until smooth about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. The batter may look curdled at this point. It's okay just keep mixing.
How to bake a bread with ricotta and ricotta?Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, ricotta, and sugar until smooth about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time.
How do you make the perfect lasagna with ricotta?In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, ricotta, and sugar until smooth about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. The batter may look curdled at this point.