ARROZ AL HORNO (BAKED RICE)
Combine pork belly, black pudding and bacon lardons in this Spanish rice dish. Meaty and filling, it feeds eight with little effort and is perfect for a cold night
Provided by Diana Henry
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. Heat half the oil in a deep frying or sauté pan (or shallow casserole dish) measuring around 30cm in diameter. Over a high heat, colour the pork belly slices on each side in several batches, then transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining oil to the pan and lower the heat to medium, then add the black pudding and bacon and fry all over for several mins. Remove with a slotted spoon. Fry the onion and peppers for around 10 mins until soft and pale gold, then add the tomato and cook until soft. Add the garlic, smoked paprika and chilli flakes and cook for another 2 mins, then put the pork, black pudding and bacon back in the pan. Add the beans, stock and whichever herb you're using, and bring everything to the boil.
- Sprinkle the rice around the pork belly, pushing it underneath the stock. Let the stock come to the boil again, season well, then transfer to the oven (leave it uncovered). Cook for 20 mins without stirring, then check to see how the rice is doing. The rice should be tender and the stock absorbed. If it's not ready, put back in the oven for another 5 mins, then check again. Taste for seasoning.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top and drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil just before serving, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 43 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE)
- Mix Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and bread crumbs together in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and saute until tender and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add passata, vegetable broth, peas, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir, bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Add rice; mix well. Cover and simmer, adding a bit of water if necessary to keep rice from sticking to the bottom, until tender, about 18 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove the Dutch oven from the stove and gently stir in provolone cheese. Sprinkle reserved bread crumb mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and browned on top, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 443 calories, Carbohydrate 57.6 g, Cholesterol 24 mg, Fat 16.7 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 909.1 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
More about "riso al forno italian baked rice recipes"
RISO AL FORNO ALLA SICILIANA - THE WEDNESDAY CHEF
BAKED RICE TIMBALE (SARTù DI RISO) - SICILIANS CREATIVE IN ...
Reviews 1Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Primi Piatti di Pasta
RISO AL FORNO (OVEN-BAKED RICE) – TANTOVERDE: SIMPLE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ALTOIT: RISO AL FORNO (BAKED RISOTTO THERMOMIX)
Ratings 3Calories 332 per servingCategory Dinner
ITALIAN BAKED RICE RECIPES
RISO AL FORNO ITALIAN BAKED RICE RECIPES
TIMBALLO DI RISO (BAKED ITALIAN RICE) WITH RAGù - ITALIAN ...
OVEN-BAKED ITALIAN RICE BALLS (CROCCHETTE DI RISO AL …
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) RECIPE - HEALTHY MEAL PREP
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) RECIPE - ALL RECIPES
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) | RECIPE IN 2021 ...
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) - RICE SIDE DISH RECIPES
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) – DRSTARVE
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) | RECIPESTY
ARROZ DE FORNO (BAKED RICE) - SABOR BRASIL
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) PHOTOS - ALLRECIPES.COM
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) RECIPE - SOOPERCOOKING.COM
ITALIAN BAKED RICE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
TIMBALLO DI RISO AL FORNO CON MELANZANE (RICE AND ...
RICE IN THE OVEN (RISO AL FORNO) | RECIPE IN 2021 | RICE ...
RECIPE RISO AL FORNO (ITALIAN BAKED RICE) - ALL RECIPES ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook Arborio rice?You par-cook Arborio rice and dress it with olive oil and grated cheese. Then you stew together garlic, onions, bell peppers, eggplants and tomatoes and season them with basil, some red pepper flakes, salted capers and cured black olives.
What is a Thermomix baked risotto?Baked Risotto is a recipe that almost everybody cooks at least once in their Thermomix, and while the quick chuck-it-all-in versions are delicious, baking it in the oven gives the most traditional end product. This baked risotto bursts with flavour from the pesto stirred through on serving.
How to cook arancini risotto with skinnymixer?Some Skinnymixers like to double batch, to ensure they have leftovers for Arancini. Tips: The pan that you cook the risotto in makes a big difference to cooking time. If you use a ceramic or glass dish in the oven, it could take an additional 30 minutes. It is best to cook this chicken & mushroom risotto in a metal pan with a lid.