ROAST CHICKEN WITH MIXED MUSHROOM STUFFING
- You don't often see whole chicken that's been stuffed like this. I think that's a real shame because it adds such beautiful flavour and the natural juices from the chicken will give you the most gorgeous stuffing.
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/475°F/gas 9. Heat a good lug of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add your onion and garlic and cook for about 10 minutes until soft, but not coloured. Add the mushrooms with the leaves from a few of your thyme sprigs. Turn the heat up to high and fry for 5 to 10 minutes until the mushrooms go slightly crispy. Remove from the heat, grate in the zest of the lemon and season well. Tip into a bowl and leave to one side to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled, use clean hands to mix in the pine nuts and breadcrumbs, then add the egg. Carefully, push your fingers between the meat and skin on the top of the chicken then gently create a pocket for the stuffing. Push a quarter of the stuffing into this pocket and roll the remaining mixture into balls and pop to one side. Cut your zested lemon in half and place in the chicken cavity with the remaining thyme sprigs. Pop your chicken in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven and turn the heat down to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Cook for 40 minutes, then add your mushroom stuffing balls to the tray. Return to the oven and cook for a further 35 minutes until gorgeous and golden. To check your chicken is cooked, stick a skewer into the fattest part of the thigh - if the juices run clear, your chicken is done. Leave to rest for 10 to 15 minutes, covered loosely with tin foil, then serve with fluffy roast potatoes and seasonal greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 707 calories, Fat 49.4 g fat, SaturatedFat 14.1 g saturated fat, Protein 55.8 g protein, Carbohydrate 7.9 g carbohydrate, Sugar 2.4 g sugar, Sodium 0 g salt, Fiber 0 g fibre
CELERY HERB STUFFING AND SAVORY CHICKEN
I taught my children this recipe by singing along to Scarborough Fair by Simon and Garfunkel: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme, great herb stuffing seasonings. If you can get savory from the Atlantic provinces to green your chicken; it would be the best. My father was a Newfoundlander and swore by their savory.
Provided by Loretta's Recipe Journal
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together onion, celery, bread, pepper, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and celery salt in a large bowl; pour melted butter over bread mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon stuffing into the cavities of chicken; place chicken into a roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with savory; cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover; increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Roast until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 599.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.7 g, Cholesterol 165.1 mg, Fat 40.1 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 39.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.7 g, Sodium 755.1 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
ONE-DISH CHICKEN AND STUFFING BAKE
- Mix water and butter. Add stuffing. Mix lightly.
- Spoon stuffing along center of 3-quart shallow baking dish. Arrange chicken on each side of stuffing and sprinkle with paprika.
- Mix soup, milk and parsley. Pour over chicken. Cover.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until done.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM-ONION STUFFING
From the Fanny Farmer Cookbook; this is a simple delicious recipe. As I have recently learned, homemade stuffing is really easy to make. For a nice presentation be sure to truss the chicken.
Provided by Kaarin
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make the stuffing: melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, cooking until the onion is soft. Remove from heat; stir in the crumbs and season to taste.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Stuff the body cavity, and truss the bird.
- Brush the melted butter all over and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Place the chicken breast up in a roasting pan and cook at 325 degrees for 25 minutes per pound. The meat thermometer should read 170 degrees in the breast meat.
- If desired you can melt more butter and baste every 15 minutes. (I don't baste my chicken; I just leave it alone.).
- Remove the chicken to a warm platter and cover with foil, letting it rest 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1221.7, Fat 75.3, SaturatedFat 33.2, Cholesterol 251.9, Sodium 3281.2, Carbohydrate 80.5, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 7.9, Protein 53.7
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM STUFFING AND SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place porcini in small bowl. Pour enough hot water over to cover; let stand until mushrooms soften, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Spread baguette cubes on small rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer toasted bread to bowl. Maintain oven temperature.
- Slice half of fresh mushrooms; set aside for sauce. Coarsely chop remaining fresh mushrooms. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped mushrooms and shallots; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add thyme and juniper berries, if desired; stir 1 minute. Add to bowl with bread. Mix in chopped liver, heart and gizzard, then 1/3 cup broth, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle chicken cavity with salt and pepper. Fill with stuffing. Tie legs together. Sprinkle outside of chicken with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan. Roast chicken until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180°F and juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with fork, about 1 hour 45 minutes. Transfer to platter; cover with foil.
- Pour pan drippings into measuring cup. Transfer 3 tablespoons fat from top of drippings to heavy large skillet. Spoon off remaining fat from pan drippings and discard. Heat 3 tablespoons fat in skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 2/3 cup chicken broth, degreased pan drippings and brandy and cook 3 minutes, adding more broth for desired sauce consistency. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with stuffing and sauce.
CHICKEN ROASTED WITH MUSHROOMS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub the chicken with olive oil and season it inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Quarter white or cremini mushrooms. Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms. Mix the mushrooms with the garlic, parsley and thyme; pack this mixture tightly into the cavity of the chicken. Tuck the wingtips behind the chicken and tie the legs together to secure the stuffing. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and place in the oven. Roast for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer it to a platter or cutting board. Pour all excess fat from the roasting pan and pour in the wine. Scoop the mushroom mixture out of the chicken and add it to the pan. Place the pan on top of the stove and heat, scraping the bottom of the pan. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken in pieces and arrange on a platter. Spoon mushroom mixture around chicken and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 859, UnsaturatedFat 37 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 58 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 71 grams, SaturatedFat 16 grams, Sodium 1077 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "roast chicken with mixed mushroom stuffing recipes"
MUSHROOM-STUFFED ROAST CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE …
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM STUFFING | DINNER RECIPES
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MIXED MUSHROOM STUFFING - CHEW TOWN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CRISPY MUSHROOMS RECIPE - NYT COOKING
ADAM LIAW’S ROAST CHICKEN WITH BACON AND MUSHROOM STUFFING AND …
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST THANKSGIVING MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPE
STUFFING STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - TALKING MEALS
CREAM OF MUSHROOM STUFFING - RECIPES - COOKS.COM
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM BARLEY STUFFING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MUSHROOM AND GRUYèRE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - NYT COOKING
CHICKEN BREAST, CREAM OF MUSHROOM & STUFFING MIX RECIPES
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MIXED MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MIXED MUSHROOM STUFFING
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MIXED MUSHROOM STUFFING | RECIPE CART
ROAST WHOLE CHICKEN WITH STUFFING - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MIXED MUSHROOM STUFFING RECIPES
MID-WEEK ROAST CHICKEN WITH SPEEDY STUFFING - NZ HERALD
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM, HAM & ESCHALLOT STUFFING
229 EASY AND TASTY ROAST CHICKEN STUFFING RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
SLOW ROAST CHICKEN WITH FRIED BREAD STUFFING | THE COOK UP | ADAM …
INA GARTEN’S THANKSGIVING RECIPES - THE NEW YORK TIMES
MIXED MUSHROOM-LEEK STUFFING RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CRANBERRY APPLE STUFFING - RECIPE RUNNER
ROAST CHICKEN AND STUFFING | SPUR SAUCES
CORNBREAD SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
You'll also love