SAGE-AND-GARLIC-CRUSTED PORK TENDERLOIN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together garlic, sage, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over pork.
- Heat a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil. Add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 145 degrees to 150 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board; tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
ROASTED PORK WITH SAGE, ROSEMARY, AND GARLIC
Pork loin is a lean, mild cut of meat. I like to add flavor and keep it moist by stuffing it with a mixture of chopped herbs and garlic. Simply make a small channel in the center of the loin with a knife, then poke the stuffing in. The meat will be flavored and basted from within while it roasts.
Provided by Marco Canora
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Using a long knife with a thin blade or a clean sharpening steel, make a channel lengthwise through the center of the loin running from one end to the other.
- Mix the chopped sage and rosemary in a small bowl. Add the minced garlic and 1 tablespoon oil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then poke it through the channel in the meat (I find it easiest to work from both ends more or less at once).
- Season the outside of the loin generously with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet large enough to hold the loin. Brown the meat on all sides and on each end, about 8 minutes in all.
- Add the herb sprigs and crushed garlic to the pan and put it in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes, then turn the loin and roast 15 minutes more, basting from time to time with the pan drippings.
- Remove the pan from the oven, cover with foil, and set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes to rest the meat. To serve, cut the loin into generous slices, season with sea salt, and drizzle with the pan juices.
- Chef's notes:
- If you are roasting a larger, thicker loin, make two channels through the meat so the seasoning can be better distributed. Cook the loin longer.
- If you want, you can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. I prefer pork cooked so it's still a little pink at the center. You can expect a reading before the final resting of about 135°F. If you like your pork more thoroughly cooked, cook it until the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH SAGE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop the garlic and half the sage and insert it in the center of the pork. Squeeze a half lemon over the pork and season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy casserole or Dutch oven just large enough to hold the loin. Brown the loin on all sides and drain off the fat.
- Arrange the onion over the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with remaining sage leaves and thyme sprigs. Put the loin on top and add the chicken stock and wine. Cover and cook for an hour. Uncover, turn the oven up to 375 degrees, and let the meat brown for 20 to 30 minutes. Test to see if the meat is done. (It is cooked when an internal temperature of 155 degrees on a meat thermometer is registered.)
- Remove the pork loin to a serving dish and keep it warm. (You can put it back in the oven, leaving the door ajar.) Skim the fat from the cooking juices and reduce them until thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in a warmed sauce boat. Decorate the pork with sprigs of sage and thyme and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 361, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 29 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 671 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
LEMON & SAGE STUFFED LOIN OF PORK
Create the perfect Sunday roast crackling with Mark Sargeant's secret addition. Serve with crispy roast potatoes and sweet roasted carrots
Provided by Mark Sargeant
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9. With a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork in a criss-cross pattern (or ask your butcher to do this). Turn it around so that the flesh side is facing upwards, then cut a slit along the side of the loin, without cutting all the way through, to open it out like a book. Cover the flesh with the lemon zest, sage and parsley, then scatter over the garlic. Season generously and drizzle over 1 tsp olive oil. Roll up the loin and secure tightly with string in 3-4cm intervals. Rub the scored skin with the malt vinegar (which helps it to crackle), then with a large pinch of salt and the remaining oil. Place the pork on the bones (if you have them) on a baking tray and roast for 15-20 mins until the skin is golden and starting to crackle.
- After 15 mins, reduce the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and roast for about 1 hr until the pork is tender and very slightly pink in the middle. Rest in a warm place for 10-15 mins before carving. Serve with the apples and some watercress, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 542 calories, Fat 35 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 1 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 55 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
PORK LOIN WITH LEMON AND SAGE
- Preheat oven to highest setting, about 500.
- Place a lightly greased, foil-lined baking tray in the oven.
- With a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork loin in a criss-cross pattern. Turn it around so that the flesh side is facing upwards and cut a slit along the side of the loin, without cutting all the way through, to open it out like a butterfly. Cover the flesh with the lemon zest, sage and parsley leaves, then scatter over the garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper and drizzle over with a little olive oil.
- Roll up the loin and secure tightly with kitchen string in 3-4cm intervals. Rub the scored skin with a large pinch of salt, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with another pinch of salt. Carefully place the pork on the hot baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until the skin is golden and starting to crispen.
- Turn down the oven to 350 and roast for approximately 25 minutes per pound until the pork is cooked through and tender. Rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
ROAST PORK LOIN WITH PANCETTA AND SAGE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set aside. Arrange sage on top of pork loin. Lay pancetta over sage in three horizontal rows, slices overlapping slightly. Spacing evenly, secure pancetta with three 10-inch lengths of kitchen twine.
- Place pork on prepared sheet, and roast until pancetta is browned and crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of pork registers 145 degrees, 35 to 40 minutes. Tent roast loosely with foil; let rest 5 minutes. Snip twine with scissors and remove; thinly slice roast before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342 g, Fat 21 g, Protein 37 g
ROAST PORK WITH SAGE LEAVES AND VINEGAR
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a heavy dutch oven or enameled casserole just large enough for the pork, brown the meat in the oil on all sides. Remove it from the casserole and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add the vinegar, scraping up the cooking juices, and the sage, reserving a few leaves to go on top of the pork. Return the pork to the casserole and sprinkle the remaining leaves on top of it. Cover and bake, basting from time to time, for about two and a half hours, or until the temperature on a meat thermometer registers 155 degrees, which is high enough to kill any trichinosis bacteria. Do not overcook the pork or it will be dry and tough.
- Let the pork cool in its cooking juices. Put the meat on a platter and pour the juices into a small container and put it in a freezer. When the fat on top has congealed, lift it off. The juices can now be heated up as a gravy or swirled into the plum sauce. To serve the pork, slice it thin and arrange it on a serving platter. Decorate it with sprigs of sage and slices of lemon.
ROAST PORK LOIN WITH APPLES, POTATOES & SAGE
I found this in a magazine and it sounds so good. I haven't tried it yet, but I want to make it for my next party!
Provided by Chris Reynolds
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In small bowl stir 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp chopped sage, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper. With hands rub this mixture all over pork.
- In 15x10 jelly-roll pan melt the remaining butter in oven. Remove pan from oven. Add potatoes, onion, 1/2 tsp salt, and remaining chopped sage. Toss to coat. Push potatoes and onion to edge of pan and set small roasting rack in center. Place pork on the rack. Roast 20 minutes.
- Add apples to pan around the pork, and roast 30 to 40 minutes longer, depending on the thickness of pork, or until meat thermometer inserted into center of pork reaches 145 degrees F.
- Transfer pork to a warming platter; let stand 15 minutes to set juices. Transfer potatoes, onion, and apples to platter around the pork. Pour pan drippings into a small bowl; skim off fat from drippings. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.5, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 8.6, Cholesterol 157.7, Sodium 430.6, Carbohydrate 28.4, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 10.3, Protein 50.6
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH SAGE & ONION STUFFING & GRAVY
Sage and sausage meat are stuffed inside a pork loin to create a moist, flavoursome Sunday lunch main for a crowd
Provided by Lucy Netherton
Categories Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion for 5 mins until soft. Remove from the heat. Once cool, transfer to a bowl and mix in sage, breadcrumbs, sausage meat and some seasoning.
- Untie the pork and score the skin well with a sharp knife. Cut down the length of the meat, then open out like a book so you can stuff the sausage meat inside. Close back up to resemble original shape and tie at intervals with string to hold it together. Weigh so you know how long it will need to cook for. This can be done ahead; chill until needed.
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9. Rub the joint all over with salt and pepper and place in a roasting tray. Cook for 25 mins, then turn to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and cook for 20 mins per 450g/1lb. Remove, and check it's cooked through: any juices that run out should be clear. Transfer to a dish, then cover with foil to rest while you make the gravy.
- Spoon most of the fat out the tray, leaving the meat juices. Place tray on the hob or transfer juices to a frying pan. Stir in the flour for 1 min followed by the stock and cider, and bubble for a few mins. Strain into a jug. Serve the pork sliced, with the crackling, potatoes, gravy and veg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572 calories, Fat 36 grams fat, SaturatedFat 13 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 52 grams protein, Sodium 0.99 milligram of sodium
GRILLED GARLIC-SAGE PORK ROAST
Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook and Heart Healthy Cookbook share a recipe! Garlic, sage and olive oil are the secrets to a delicious and tender pork roast.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, stir together garlic, sage, oil, salt and pepper. Rub garlic mixture over pork.
- Carefully brush oil on grill rack. Place pork on grill over medium heat. Cover; cook 35 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat thermometer inserted into center of pork reads 155°. Remove from grill; cover with foil and let stand 5 minutes until thermometer reads 160°F.
- To serve, cut pork across grain into thin slices. Garnish with additional fresh sage leaves if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 240 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "roast loin of pork with sage recipes"
ROASTED RIB END PORK LOIN ROAST WITH ONION, BACON, SAGE ...
PARMESAN–SAGE PORK LOIN - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SAGE RUBBED PORK TENDERLOIN - CULINARY GINGER
ROAST PORK WITH SAGE AND PECAN PESTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3 LB PORK LOIN ROAST CENTER CUT BONELESS - THERESCIPES.INFO
INCREDIBLY TENDER ROASTED PORK WITH SAGE ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
ROSEMARY SAGE PORK LOIN ROAST | SERENA BAKES SIMPLY FROM ...
ROASTED LOIN OF ALBERTA PORK WITH SAGE AND DRIED BERRY ...
BEST ROASTED LOIN OF ALBERTA PORK WITH SAGE AND DRIED ...
ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH APPLE AND SAGE STUFFING | SAGE ...
ROAST PORK SHOULDER WITH SAGE & ONION | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
GORDON RAMSEY'S ROLLED PORK LOIN WITH SAGE AND LEMON
ROAST PORK WITH HONEY AND SAGE - RELISH
ROASTED PORK CHOPS WITH SAGE & CHAMP - JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
PORK ROAST ROLLED RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
ROASTED ROLLED PORK LOIN WITH LEMON AND SAGE
TUSCAN-STYLE ROAST PORK WITH ROSEMARY, SAGE, AND GARLIC ...
BONELESS PORK LOIN ROAST WITH SAGE AND GARLIC | JERNEJ KITCHEN
22 BEST PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
THE IRON YOU: ROAST PORK LOIN WITH VINEGAR AND SAGE
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH APPLE AND SAGE STUFFING - BORD BIA
ROAST PORK WITH GARLIC AND SAGE RECIPE - NINA ZAGAT | FOOD ...
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH SAGE AND ONION YORKSHIRE PUDDING ...
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH ROOT VEGETABLES ROASTED WITH SAGE ...
ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SAGE AND APPLE PAN SAUCE
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH ROSEMARY, SAGE, AND GARLIC RECIPE
BONELESS PORK LOIN ROAST WITH SAGE AND GARLIC | RECIPE ...
ROAST PORK FILLET WRAPPED IN BACON WITH SAGE - LOST IN FOOD
ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH SAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROAST PORK LOIN WITH PANCETTA AND SAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEMON-GLAZED ROAST PORK WITH SAGE RECIPE - LAURENT GRAS ...
DOUBLE PORK LOIN ROAST WITH FENNEL AND SAGE RECIPE -SUNSET ...
MUSTARD + SAGE ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN - THE SAVVY SPOON
BACON-WRAPPED PORK LOIN WITH APPLES & SAGE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a pork loin with Sage and garlic?Mix the chopped sage and rosemary in a small bowl. Add the minced garlic and 1 tablespoon oil. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then poke it through the channel in the meat (I find it easiest to work from both ends more or less at once). Season the outside of the loin generously with salt and pepper.
What is the best way to cook a pork loin roast?Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir together garlic, sage, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over pork. Advertisement
How much garlic do you put in a pork loin roast?1 boneless pork loin (about 2 pounds) 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage plus 2 sprigs. 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary plus 2 sprigs. 1 teaspoon minced garlic plus 2 cloves, peeled and lightly crushed.
Can I use Rosemary instead of sage in pork tenderloin?You can use fresh rosemary as a substitute when out of fresh sage. If your schedule allows, infuse more flavor by applying rub and let sit in a covered, glass baking dish overnight in the fridge. The key is to not overcook the pork. Use an instant read thermometer to gauge when pork is cooked.