ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH HERBS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Loosen the skin from the meat of the turkey breast.
- Place the turkey breast into a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven with a lid and pour chicken stock over the meat. Mix melted butter with chicken bouillon granules, sage, savory, rosemary, and thyme in a bowl. Lift the loosened skin and pour slightly more than half the butter-herb mixture under the skin. Pour remaining herb mixture over the skin. Cover the pot.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 3 hours; flip turkey breast over and roast 1 more hour; flip again and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 180 degrees F (80 degrees C), 1 additional hour (5 hours in all). Baste turkey with pan drippings and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.5 g, Cholesterol 126 mg, Fat 15 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 58.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 1233.8 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
TURKEY WITH HERB STUFFING
This old family recipe was brought West by my great-grandmother, who rode in a covered wagon. I've used the stuffing for turkey, chicken, pork or beef. The herbs give it a great flavor. -Ruth Warner, Grand Junction, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings (10 cups stuffing).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread cubes, basil, thyme, savory, salt, pepper and broth; toss to mix. Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; refrigerate., Skewer openings of turkey; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and the thigh reaches at least 170°. Bake additional stuffing, covered, for 45-60 minutes or until heated through., When the turkey begins to brown, baste with drippings (if turkey browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil). Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy.
Nutrition Facts :
HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
Rather than roast an entire bird, try Ina Garten's Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast for a flavorful alternative. Rosemary, sage and thyme star in this recipe.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to make a paste. Loosen the skin from the meat gently with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Pour the wine into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 1 3/4 to 2 hours, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast. (I test in several places.) If the skin is over-browning, cover the breast loosely with aluminum foil. When the turkey is done, cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice and serve with the pan juices spooned over the turkey.
OVEN-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan. Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin. Reserve remaining butter mixture. Tent turkey breast loosely with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour; baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture. Return to oven and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 165 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Let turkey breast rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- While turkey is resting, transfer pan drippings to a skillet. Skim off excess grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in skillet. Place skillet over low heat; cook and stir shallot in turkey grease until opaque, about 5 minutes. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet. Whisk in chicken stock and flour until smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened. For a creamier, lighter gravy, whisk in half-and-half.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.3 g, Cholesterol 191.3 mg, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 60.3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 313.8 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey breast from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature. Cut 3 pieces of kitchen twine and set aside.
- Add the butter, parsley, lemon zest, thyme, onion powder, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a small bowl. Use a fork or a rubber spatula to incorporate all of the ingredients into the butter. Set aside.
- Pat the turkey breast dry. Using clean hands, starting at one end of the breast, slide your fingers under the skin to create a pocket between the meat and the skin. Use your hands to transfer the butter into the pocket and smooth the butter into an even layer.
- Use the kitchen twine to tie the turkey horizontally in 3 places. This will help the turkey breast cook evenly and remain juicy. Flip the turkey breast so that it is skin-side down. Drizzle it with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Flip the turkey over and repeat the same seasoning process.
- Arrange the onion slices on a small rimmed baking sheet. Pour 1/3 cup water into the baking sheet and place the turkey breast on top of the onions. Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour. Remove the turkey from the oven and baste it with the butter and juices from the baking sheet. Continue to roast until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F, another 20 to 25 minutes. Allow the turkey to cool for 15 minutes. (In this time the internal temperature will rise another 5 degrees.)
- Slice the turkey and serve it with the roasted onions.
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB STUFFING
- Lay 3 clean cotton strings, each about 24 inches long, across a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Set turkey breast skin side down, over strings.
- Sprinkle turkey with parsley, thyme, Morton Lite Salt mixture, pepper, cheese and ham.
- Shape turkey breast into a roll and tie with strings.
- Turn roast over, so that skin side is up. Insert thermometer into center.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer reads 170 degrees).
- Place on a serving platter and keep warm for 10 minutes.
- Mix wine with cornstarch, water and chicken bouillon granules.
- Add to pan drippings.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl for spooning over slices of meat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.7, Fat 6.7, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 61.7, Sodium 199.2, Carbohydrate 2.2, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.2, Protein 22.9
HERB-ROASTED TURKEY WITH CHESTNUT-AND-SAUSAGE STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 425, with rack in lower third. Rinse turkey inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Place on a rack set in a large roasting pan.
- Blend 4 tablespoons butter with 2 teaspoons salt; season with pepper. Loosen skin of turkey at body-cavity end with your fingers; spread mixture under skin all over (reach as far back as possible).
- Gently push 3 parsley sprigs under skin on each side of turkey breast (use a table knife to push them as far as possible, keeping leaves flat). Loosen neck skin; slide a parsley sprig on each side of top of breast. Repeat with sage leaves, placing 4 leaves on each side of breast and 2 leaves on each side of top of breast.
- Rub turkey with remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Loosely stuff body cavity with 4 3/4 cups stuffing, andneck cavity with 1/4 cup. Tie drumsticks together loosely with kitchen twine. Fold neck skin under body, and secure with toothpicks. Tuck wing tips under wings.
- Roast turkey 30 minutes. Baste turkey; reduce oven temperature to 350. Continue to roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the thigh (avoiding bone) registers 180, and stuffing registers 165, 2 to 3 hours. (If skin darkens too quickly during roasting, tent with foil.)
- Let turkey rest 20 minutes before carving. Leave juices in roasting pan to make gravy.
MAKE-AHEAD TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB STUFFING (COOKING LIGHT)
Says cookinglight.com: "This turkey dinner is the ultimate make-ahead meal. The turkey, gravy, and stuffing are slow-cooked simultaneously to impart rich, deep flavors and to eliminate any extensive last-minute work. The turkey breast is double-cooked: poached the day before, then seasoned and reheated slowly in a low-heat oven the day it's served. The gravy and stuffing are infused with an intensely flavorful turkey stock made from the liquid in which the breast is poached." Sounds like a lot of work, but... oh... yum... what a recipe! Invite me over when you make it :)
Provided by CorriePDX
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 29
- To prepare stock, combine first 10 ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil; add turkey breast. Return to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until turkey breast reaches 170° (use an instant-read thermometer).
- Carefully remove the turkey breast from stock. Cover the turkey breast, and refrigerate. Strain stock through a colander into a large bowl; discard solids, and return stock to pot. Reduce heat, and continue to simmer stock until reduced to 2 quarts (about 1 1/2 hours). Cover and chill stock for 8 hours. Skim solidified fat from surface of stock, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- To prepare turkey, rub poached turkey breast with oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Wrap the turkey in heavy-duty plastic wrap and foil. (Double-wrapping in plastic and foil helps retain moisture when reheating.) Bake at 250° for 2 hours or until thoroughly heated.
- To prepare the stuffing, melt 1/4 cup butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and diced celery; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in bread cubes and the next 7 ingredients (bread cubes through 1/4 teaspoon pepper). Stir in 2 1/2 cups turkey stock. Place in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake simultaneously with turkey at 250° for 1 hour and 55 minutes.
- While the turkey and stuffing cook, prepare gravy. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Gradually add reserved 5 1/2 cups turkey stock, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 3 cups (about 2 hours).
- Uncover turkey; remove turkey breast halves from bone. Slice turkey, and serve with stuffing and gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1055.3, Fat 46.1, SaturatedFat 17.8, Cholesterol 285.9, Sodium 1308.2, Carbohydrate 63.9, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 8.5, Protein 92.2
NO-FUSS HERB-ROASTED TURKEY & STUFFING
I learned to bake turkey in a brown paper bag, but now I use an oven roasting bag for perfect results that keep white meat moist. -Marla Hyatt, St. Paul, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (8 cups stuffing).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350°. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from turkey breast; rub butter under the skin. In a small bowl, mix salt, sage, rosemary and pepper; rub over outside and inside of turkey. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together., Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Place in a shallow roasting pan; add turkey to bag, breast side up. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie provided. Bake 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°., Meanwhile, for stuffing, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in stuffing cubes, soup, broth and egg. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish., Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned., Remove turkey from bag to serving platter; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Serve with stuffing.
Nutrition Facts :
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH FENNEL-HERB STUFFING
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add fennel; cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the bread, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and 1 1/4 cups stock. Season with salt and pepper. Set stuffing aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the turkey, skin side down, on a clean work surface. Using a sharp knife, remove the tenderloins. To butterfly the turkey, slice vertically through the right side of breast, starting at thickest part and slicing almost to edge without cutting through (it should resemble a book, with a flap in the middle). Spread open, keeping both sides attached, and gently press down to flatten. Repeat on left side of breast. Cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or heavy skillet, pound meat until thickness is uniform.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper, then spread stuffing lengthwise down middle. Fold both sides of turkey over stuffing. Using kitchen twine, tie turkey at 1-inch intervals to completely encase stuffing and form a long cylinder.
- Transfer the turkey to a roasting pan. Pour 1 cup stock into pan. Brush turkey with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes, until well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the turkey registers 165 degrees, about 1 3/4 hours. If the skin begins to get too dark, loosely tent pan with foil (add remaining 1 cup stock if pan gets too dry). Transfer the turkey to a carving board, and let rest 20 minutes before slicing. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and orange slices, if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.
TURKEY BREAST WITH STUFFING AND GRAVY
Try this Turkey Breast with Stuffing and Gravy recipe for Thanksgiving. Requiring only 20 minutes of prep time, this easy-to-make Turkey Breast with Stuffing and Gravy recipe can be made and served almost instantly. Pour some hot gravy over your dish and enjoy!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Prepare stuffing as directed on package; mound in center of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on top of stuffing, covering stuffing completely. Brush turkey with oil.
- Bake 30 min. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Bake turkey an additional 45 min. to 1 hour or until turkey is done (165ºF). Let stand 10 min. before carving. Meanwhile, heat gravy in small saucepan; stir in sour cream.
- Serve turkey and stuffing topped with gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 780, Fat 36 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, TransFat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 210 mg, Sodium 1030 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0.8427 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 83 g
More about "roast turkey breast with herb stuffing recipes"
ALL-IN-ONE TURKEY BREAST WITH HERBY STUFFING
Servings 4Total Time 3 hrsCategory Thanksgiving
OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - WHITNEYBOND.COM
HERB-ROASTED TURKEY BREAST AND STUFFING | LOUISIANA …
SHEET PAN HERB ROASTED TURKEY AND CRANBERRY PECAN …
STEPS TO STUFF AND ROAST A TURKEY BREAST - THE SPRUCE EATS
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER | RECIPETIN EATS
HOW TO STUFF A TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB BUTTER — EATWELL101
JUICIEST ROAST TURKEY BREAST- EASY RECIPE & TUTORIAL | THE ...
ROLLED STUFFED TURKEY BREAST WITH SAUSAGE & HERB …
6 LB TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THANKSGIVING: ONE-PAN ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB STUFFING
BEST HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH PAN GRAVY RECIPES - FOOD …
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST - DAD WITH A PAN
TURKEY BREASTS | HERB STUFFED ROASTED TURKEY ... - JENNY STEFFENS …
BEST ROLLED HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH TRADITIONAL STUFFING
STEP-BY-STEP HERB-STUFFED TURKEY BREAST - CLEAN EATING
BUTTERY HERB & GARLIC ROAST TURKEY BREAST - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
ROAST TURKEY WITH HERB STUFFING & GRAVY - LCBO
ROAST TURKEY WITH HERBED STUFFING | CANADIAN LIVING
ONE-PAN ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB STUFFING | RECIPES | PLUM'S ...
ONE-PAN ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB STUFFING | OREGONIAN RECIPES
ONE-PAN ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH HERB STUFFING AND CRANBERRY …
HERB ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH STOVETOP STUFFING
EASY ROASTED TURKEY BREAST RECIPE | CREME DE LA CRUMB
ONE-PAN TURKEY BREAST AND STUFFING - COOK'S COUNTRY
ROASTED TURKEY BREAST WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
TURKEY BREAST AND HERB-CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
ROAST TURKEY WITH HERB STUFFING AND GRAVY | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY STUFFED ROAST TURKEY WITH GIBLET GRAVY RECIPE
HERB-FLAVORED ROASTED TURKEY BREAST | BUTTERBALL®
ALL RECIPES ROAST TURKEY - THERESCIPES.INFO
HERB ROASTED SPLIT TURKEY BREAST - DISHES WITH DAD
TURKEY BREAST WITH SPINACH-HERB STUFFING - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
ROAST TURKEY BREAST RECIPE - THE KITCHEN GIRL
You'll also love