WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR SAUCE
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Place cauliflower (florets-side up) on a foil-lined baking sheet. In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of salt. Brush oil mixture on cauliflower.
- Cover baking sheet and cauliflower tightly with foil. Bake in preheated oven 30 min. Uncover and continue to bake another 30 min., or until cauliflower is golden brown and can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour and cook 30 sec. Gradually whisk in milk and remaining salt until smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and whisk continuously until sauce has thickened, approx. 4 min.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Stir in chives (if using). Slice cauliflower into pieces or wedges and serve with cheese sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 27, SaturatedFat 14, Carbohydrate 16, Sugar 7, Protein 15, Cholesterol 65, Fiber 3, Sodium 870
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed bakingsheet, toss cauliflower with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 20minutes, tossing halfway through. Pushcauliflower to center of sheet and top with grated cheddar. Return to oven and cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Toss again before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 182 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g
CHEDDAR CHEESE-STUFFED CAULIFLOWER
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Sprinkle generously with salt. Trim the base of the cauliflower so the stem is flat to the head but without cutting off any florets. Blanch the cauliflower until just beginning to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
- In a small skillet, heat the butter until melted. Add the breadcrumbs and 1/2 teaspoon salt and toast until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. Stir in the Parmesan and basil.
- Gently begin to create space in between the florets and stuff each space with a log of Cheddar. Continue until all the pieces of cheese are used. Press the toasted breadcrumbs on top of the cauliflower. Place in a small baking dish and bake until the cauliflower is tender all the way through and the breadcrumbs are golden, about 20 minutes.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375°F. Arrange a steamer rack over a large pot of boiling water.
- Remove the green outer leaves from the cauliflower, place it on the steamer rack, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to cool. Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, use your hands to gently break the florets from the thick central stalk-try to break the cauliflower into large florets rather than small pieces. Arrange the florets, in one layer, in a 12- by 8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over moderate heat, melt the butter. Reduce the heat to low, add the flour and salt, and whisk until both are incorporated and the mixture turns golden brown, about 2 minutes. Raise the heat to moderate and add the milk, whisking constantly, until a smooth sauce forms (the sauce should be thick and glossy, but still runny), about 5 minutes. (If the sauce is too thick, gradually whisk in additional milk until the desired consistency is achieved.) Add 1 cup of the grated cheese and whisk until melted, about 1 minute. Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower, making sure to cover all the florets. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and season with pepper, then bake until the cauliflower is golden brown and the cheese sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE
This is an easy recipe for cauliflower cheese but it's pretty versatile. You can use the cheese sauce with any vegetables you have handy. I often put a layer of cooked kale or broccoli on the bottom, then arrange the cooked cauliflower florets on top. You can change the flavor of the sauce by adding different cheeses you might have in your fridge. It takes a bit of elbow work to make the sauce but it's worth it. This is delicious served with roast beef or lamb.
Provided by Ita
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place cauliflower in a large pot and pour in enough water to cover; bring to a boil and cook until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add flour and mix using a whisk or wooden spoon until smooth and mixture pulls away from the side of the saucepan, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in milk, a little at a time, and whisk continuously until sauce is thickened but still pourable, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir Parmesan cheese into sauce until melted; season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over all of the cauliflower. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220 calories, Carbohydrate 13.1 g, Cholesterol 41.4 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 349.8 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
BAKED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into large bite-size pieces.
- Cook the cauliflower in a large pot of salted water. The cauliflower should be tender, but firm. The cooking time is approximately 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, start the cheese sauce.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan.
- When the butter has melted completely, add the flour and stir to combine.
- Cook the flour for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly begin to add milk, whisking constantly. With each addition of milk the sauce should thicken.
- Add the dry yellow mustard and stir to combine.
- Add 4 ounces of cheese. Stir until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a large casserole dish.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the remaining 4 ounces of cheese over the cauliflower.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cheese is slightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 18 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Cholesterol 53 mg, Sodium 743 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CAULIFLOWER SAY CHEESE
Provided by Alton Brown
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grease an 11 by 7-inch flameproof baking dish with the butter and set aside.
- Position 1 oven rack in the middle position and 1 in the top position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower in a small glass bowl, stalk end up. Use a paring knife to remove the lower leaves. Trim the curds off of the stem, keeping them as intact as possible. Try to keep the size uniformly large and make as few cuts as possible. Discard the leaves and stem. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Rest, still covered in plastic, for another 4 minutes. Uncover and rest for 4 to 5 more minutes while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Combine 4 ounces of the cheese, the bread crumbs, egg, salt, mustard, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne in a large mixing bowl. When 1 minute remains on the cauliflower rest period, microwave the cream on high for 30 seconds. Add the cream to the bowl with the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Using your hands and a tea towel if the cauliflower is still hot, rub the large florets between your hands to break up the curds. Add the curds to the cream mixture and stir until the cheese is thoroughly melted and combined.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture in the prepared baking dish, place on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the baking dish and turn the broiler to high. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 ounce cheese atop the cauliflower. Place on the top rack and broil until the top is bubbly and appropriately brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Rest 10 minutes before serving.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE
This roasted cauliflower with cheese recipe is a twist on traditional roasted cauliflower given to me (reluctantly!) by my neighbor, and it's delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Provided by henderdeb
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cauliflower, onion, and garlic in a bowl. Add olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and Cheddar cheese and stir to coat. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 35 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.5 g, Cholesterol 11.8 mg, Fat 22 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 165.4 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE
- Let bechamel sauce cool 10 minutes, then whisk in cheese, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne. Cover cheese sauce and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower, with extra-virgin olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Roast until tender but not mushy, 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Serve cauliflower topped with cheese sauce.
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR BEER SAUCE
Simmer your dinner vegetables in butter and olive oil and serve them in a homemade Cheddar Beer Sauce and they'll make you beautiful!
Provided by Lizzymommy
Yield 1 head of cauliflower, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- To make the cauliflower, pour water into a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the salt, olive oil, lemon juice, butter, sugar, red pepper flakes, peppercorns, and bay leaf. Stir until butter has melted.
- Gently lower the cauliflower into the simmering water. The cauliflower should simmer top down in the liquid. No need to stir much. Just let it simmer away for 15 minutes or until very soft. To test the softness, insert a thin knife into the cauliflower. The knife should meet no resistance.
- While the cauliflower simmers, place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Carefully lift the cauliflower from the water and place in a colander to drain.
- Place warm cauliflower in a pie plate. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Roast for 30 minutes, rotating the pan two or three times during baking.
- To extra brown the cauliflower, turn the oven to broil and roast for 3 to 5 more minutes. Keep an eye on the cauliflower to ensure it doesn't burn too much.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool while you make the cheese sauce. The cauliflower will be piping hot.
- To make the Cheddar Beer Sauce, heat butter in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the flour and whisk together to form a paste and cook for a few seconds to develop a nutty aroma.
- Slowly stream in the milk and whisk until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the beer and Worcestershire sauce and whisk until smooth, well incorporated and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth.
- To serve, place warm cauliflower in a serving dish. Pour the warm cheddar beer sauce around the cauliflower and serve. Enjoy!
- recipe inspired by, and adapted from Domenica Restaurant in New Orleans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 598.8, Fat 49.9, SaturatedFat 22.4, Cholesterol 92.9, Sodium 6059.6, Carbohydrate 19.3, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 8.6, Protein 18.9
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE
Roasting the cauliflower first with olive oil, salt and pepper, then topping it with a wonderful gruyere cheese sauce gives this side dish wonderful flavor. Delicious!
Provided by Marie
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower florets, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Near the end of roasting time, in medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, whisk in flour until blended and slightly browned.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cheese until melted and well blended.
- Place cauliflower on serving platter and spoon sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.
CAULIFLOWER WITH WHITE CHEDDAR SAUCE
My mother served this cheesy cauliflower on Thanksgiving and Christmas for as long as I can remember. I've embellished the recipe over the years, but I've kept the family tradition around for 47+ years of marriage. When I visit my children and their families, this dish is a must for them as well! You can easily double the recipe for larger groups. -Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place cauliflower in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, just until tender, 10-12 minutes., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Stir in milk and butter until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-4 minutes., Stir in cheese until melted. Drain cauliflower. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with sauce. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 calories, Fat 9g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 328mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
More about "roasted cauliflower with cheddar cheese sauce recipes"
ROASTED BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH PARMESAN AND …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE WITH CHEESE SHEET PAN
CHEESY KETO CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & EGG SKILLET WITH HOT SAUCE
EASY ROASTED CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER - SARAH'S CUCINA BELLA
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH HERBED CHEESE SAUCE - COMFORTABLE FOOD
SPICY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE - BUDGET BYTES
CRISPY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR & PARMESAN
PARMESAN-ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DAY 219 – ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH A GRUYERE CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
LOW CARB CHEESY CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR SAUCE - SAFEWAY
DELICIOUS ROAST CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE - CTV
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR BEER SAUCE
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR SAUCE | FOODLAND
DELICIOUS WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE WITH CHEESE SAUCE
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE - MY GORGEOUS …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE - PRETTYFOOD
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR AND SPRING ONION SAUCE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
EASY CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH CHEESE SAUCE | PEACE LOVE AND …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE
CHEESY IRISH CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
QUICK AND EASY ROASTED CAULIFLOWER CHEESE STEAKS - LARDER LOVE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE - PINTEREST
WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEDDAR SAUCE | RECIPE | WHOLE …
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHEESE SAUCE | REYNOLDS BRANDS
CAULIFLOWER CHEESE | RECIPETIN EATS
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER GRATIN - CREAMY CHEESE GRATIN RECIPE
ROASTED CHEESY CAULIFLOWER STEAKS – LOW CARB SIDE DISH LOVE
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook cauliflower with cheese sauce?Preparation. Add 1 cup of the grated cheese and whisk until melted, about 1 minute. Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower, making sure to cover all the florets. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and season with pepper, then bake until the cauliflower is golden brown and the cheese sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
How long to cook cauliflower in the oven?Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed bakingsheet, toss cauliflower with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 20minutes, tossing halfway through. Pushcauliflower to center of sheet and top with grated cheddar. Return to oven and cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
How to make bechamel sauce with cauliflower?Using Gruyere cheese makes this sauce a little richer and it blends well with cauliflower. Let bechamel sauce cool 10 minutes, then whisk in cheese, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne. Cover cheese sauce and keep warm. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
What is Parmesan roasted cauliflower?This Parmesan roasted cauliflower is an excellent way to enjoy fresh cauliflower. The cauliflower is tossed with a savory mixture of garlic and Parmesan cheese and then it is roasted to perfection. Serve this easy cauliflower as a side dish with an everyday meal or a holiday dinner.