ROASTED GARLIC PESTO WITH A SECRET INGREDIENT
Roasted Garlic Pesto with a Secret Ingredient.
Provided by Claire | Sprinkle and Sprouts
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan forced/Gas mark 6
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb so that the garlic is exposed but each clove is still connected to the root.
- Peel the very dry out layers of paper off the bulb of garlic.
- Cut a large square of aluminium foil and place the garlic on it.
- Gather up the sides and scrunch at the top.
- Place the garlic bulb into a large muffin tin and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the parmesan into a food processor and whizz until well chopped. (If your food processor isn't very powerful you might want to grate the cheese by hand)
- Add the pine nuts to the cheese and whizz again.
- Squeeze the garlic out of the skins and add to the processor, pulse until you have something that resembles something between breadcrumbs and wet sand.
- Push in the fresh basil leaves, spinach then pour over the olive oil.
- Whizz the mixture until you have a thick fragrant paste.
- Taste and add salt as required.
- Pour your pesto into a jar and cover with a thin layer of oil to prevent the basil from discolouring.
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO
Here's a twist on traditional pesto- instead of using raw garlic, use roasted garlic to make this roasted garlic pesto! It has a deeper, more complex flavor and lacks the sharp bite garlic can sometimes deliver. Use it as you would your favorite pesto!
Provided by Adriana
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare the roasted garlic. Slice the top of the garlic head, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and wrap with aluminum foil. Place in a 350* oven for 40-50 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, squeezing the roasted garlic into the mixture.
- Pulse for 30-60 seconds, until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Taste. Add more salt if the flavor is lacking, more lemon juice if the flavor is flat or bland, and more olive oil for a thinner consistency.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 2 tablespoons, Calories 73, Sugar 0.1 g, Sodium 293.3 mg, Fat 7.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Carbohydrate 2.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO
Roasting garlic mellows its sharp flavor and is a great way to use up extra heads of garlic hiding in your pantry. Mix it with nuts, fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, and lemon and you get a pesto that's perfect for pasta.
Provided by April @ Girl Gone Gourmet
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Remove the loose papery stuff from the outside of the garlic. Slice the top of the garlic off, enough so the tops of the cloves are exposed. Place the whole head of garlic on a piece of tin foil, drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the top, and pull the tin foil up around it and twist close. There are two ways to roast the garlic:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the wrapped garlic directly on the grill, close the lid, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze it to extract the roasted cloves. Place the roasted garlic, basil, pine nuts, salt, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to chop and mix the ingredients. With the machine running, slowly add 1/3 cup of olive oil. Check for salt and add additional, if necessary. Makes approximately 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1/6 of recipe, Calories 217 calories, Sugar 0.3g, Sodium 473.7mg, Fat 20.2g, SaturatedFat 3.1g, UnsaturatedFat 16.2g, TransFat 0g, Carbohydrate 7.2g, Fiber 1.6g, Protein 4.6g, Cholesterol 1.3mg
SHRIMP WITH ROASTED GARLIC PESTO PASTA
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place garlic cloves in a single layer in a small baking dish. Add 1/2 cup olive oil to cover cloves, cover with foil, and bake 45 minutes, until golden brown and fork-tender. Meanwhile, in another baking dish, toss tomatoes with enough oil to coat. Lightly season with salt and pepper and roast at same temperature until tomatoes blister, about 25 minutes.
- Strain garlic cloves and set aside in a small bowl, reserving infused oil separately. In a blender, add the roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, Parmesan, and basil. Pulse until combined. While machine is running, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil until pesto comes together. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Remove to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the linguine and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the garlic oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and saute until the shrimp turn pink and is cooked through.
- In a large bowl add the linguine and some of the pesto. Toss to coat and top with the shrimp. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and serve.
- Note: There will be leftover pesto.
GARLIC SCAPE PESTO
Garlic scapes, the curled flower from the top of a garlic plant, are abundant at farmers markets and CSAs (community supported agriculture shares) in spring and make an easy, fragrant pesto that can be spread on bread or crackers, put on pasta, used with fish, and as a substitute for garlic, onion, or scallions! Add to sandwiches, pasta, lamb, and fish dishes. Tastes great mixed with mayo.
Provided by amandajo
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Blend the garlic scapes, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper together in a food processor until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Cholesterol 3.1 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 57.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
SIMPLE GARLIC AND BASIL PESTO
This recipe is something that you can make quickly and easily using a blender. Everything you need is easy to find in your local supermarket. This paste is great for putting on or in meat and pastas, or with cottage cheese in stuffed pasta shells. Once I start making this, the orders from friends and family keep coming in. For best taste, pesto should be heated up in the meal it's being prepared with.
Provided by FUZZYGREENMONKEY
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the basil in a blender. Pour in about 1 tablespoon of the oil, and blend basil into a paste. Gradually add pine nuts, Brazil nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, chili powder, and remaining oil. Continue to blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Cholesterol 3.9 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
RED PESTO PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
You know you love pesto pasta, so this red bell pepper twist on your favorite sauce does not disappoint! Roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes add a deep and unexpected flavor and a beautiful color to the pasta. The best thing about this recipe is that it tastes incredible both hot and cold!
Provided by Murad Yasin
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the penne to the boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until al dente, then drain and return to the pot.
- While the pasta cooks, add the basil, garlic, Parmesan, roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and gently toss until well-coated, then transfer to a serving dish and garnish with more Parmesan and basil. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 3 grams
SIMPLE ROASTED GARLIC PESTO
This is a super simple pesto using roasted garlic. I do not add pine nuts just because I don't normally stock them and this pesto is fabulous without them! cooking time includes roasting the garlic
Provided by sgawrysiak
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut off the top of a whole head of garlic so most of the cloves show through the top.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- In a food processor add the roasted garlic, basil (crush in fingers as you add it), cheese and about 2 tbs oil.
- Pulse and check consistency. If its too thick add more oil.
- Enjoy over pasta!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 4.5, Sodium 72, Carbohydrate 6.4, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.2, Protein 3.3
ROASTED GARLIC BASIL PESTO
I developed this for a local contest and won! The roasting of the garlic and pine nuts is what does it. It makes a nuttier, mellow pesto without the raw garlic taste. My daughter and her friends like this better, too ....of course they're all kindergarten... :) but our friends from Italy approve too. (And dang, they are picky! But I love cooking for them :) Blanching the basil is optional, but recommended if you want to keep it for a bit or freeze it. (Mmmm....taste of summer in the dead of January....) I like to use this for chicken and pasta and maybe some pesto bread the next day, stirred into risotto,....you know the possibilities are endless!
Provided by DeeCooks
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Slice the root end off the garlic and brush with some olive oil Roast garlic, wrapped in foil at 375 for about half an hour. It should be extremely soft and golden brown. Squeeze all the garlic from the cooled head to add to the recipe. (You can also just peel garlic and slowly saute in olive oil until golden.)
- OPTIONAL STEP--- Have ready a bowl of ice water. In a saucepan of boiling salted water blanch basil, a handful at a time, 2 seconds, transferring with a slotted spoon to bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Drain basil in a sieve and pat dry. This prolongs the life of the pesto sauce and makes it better for freezing.
- In a food processor or with an immersion blender, purée basil with remaining ingredients until smooth and season with salt and pepper. Makes about a cup and a half -- .
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1759.7, Fat 169.8, SaturatedFat 27, Cholesterol 44, Sodium 785, Carbohydrate 38.1, Fiber 10.4, Sugar 4, Protein 36.6
More about "roasted garlic pesto recipes"
CREAMY GARLIC SCAPE PESTO CHICKEN WITH ROASTED TOMATO
ROASTED GARLIC AND PESTO STRIPS RECIPE - PUREWOW
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO - URBAN OVERALLS
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO CREAM PASTA | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO | EATING CHALK
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROAST GARLIC AND WALNUT PESTO SPAGHETTI RECIPE - THE TIMES
ROASTED GARLIC CHICKEN PESTO PIZZA - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
ROASTED GARLIC AND RED PEPPER PESTO | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO FUSILLI - THEPASTATABLE.COM
ROASTED GARLIC SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO FOCACCIA
ROASTED GARLIC PALEO PESTO - FED & FIT
ROASTED GARLIC BASIL PESTO POTATOES FROM OH SHE GLOWS EVERYDAY
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO - BYRD HOUSE PALEO
GARLIC ROASTED VEGETABLE PESTO PASTA | OLIVE & MANGO
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO RECIPE - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH
SPINACH PESTO WITH ROASTED GARLIC - PLAYFUL COOKING
ROASTED GARLIC SOUP WITH PESTO | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
ROASTED GARLIC ASPARAGUS PESTO THAT’S FREEZER READY
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO | RECIPE | PESTO RECIPE, PASTA DINNER RECIPES ...
SPAGHETTI WITH ROASTED GARLIC PESTO - LIDIA
ROASTED GARLIC AND PESTO CHICKEN FINGERS | FOODTALK
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO SPAGHETTI WITH BLISTERED CHERRY TOMATOES
GARLIC SCAPE PESTO | RICARDO
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO LOAF - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
ROASTED GARLIC AND PESTO POTATOES - THIS SAVORY VEGAN
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO OVER GNOCCHI - CHEF LOVERS
ROASTED POBLANO AND GARLIC PESTO - REBOOTED MOM
25 THINGS TO DO WITH ROASTED GARLIC - THE WICKED NOODLE
CREAMY PESTO DIP WITH ROASTED GARLIC - CUTCO
ROASTED GARLIC WALNUT PESTO - COOK EAT WELL
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ROASTED GARLIC BASIL PESTO POTATOES WITH ARUGULA - AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
MOROCCAN ROASTED GARLIC PESTO AND CASHEW PIZZA
ROASTED CARROTS WITH GREEN SPRING GARLIC PESTO - CULINARY GINGER
ROASTED GARLIC, TOMATO AND RICOTTA PESTO BRIOCHE KNOT
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO | RECIPE | PESTO, ROASTED GARLIC, CONDIMENT …
ROASTED GARLIC PESTO CHICKEN FLATBREAD RECIPE
You'll also love