As a good Southern gardener, I find myself bringing in okra by the armload nearly every other day. Stewed okra is great, but for a little variety, we like to roast ours from time to time. This is so simple and easy and the okra tends to not be nearly as gummy or slimy when roasted. Chopped tomato makes a great addition when we have some handy.
Provided by ncope
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Arrange the okra slices in one layer on a foil lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 1286.4 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
SUPER EASY OVEN-ROASTED OKRA
This is a really easy recipe using frozen okra. Being a full-time employee and a mom of a toddler, I always look for easy and healthy recipes. This one has an Indian flavor to it. It's so easy to put together, and it turns out very well. When you roast the okra, you'll notice the slime goes away. That's what I really like about this recipe. You don't have to monitor it. Just put it in the oven, and it's done.
Provided by PB
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Onion
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place frozen okra and onion on the prepared baking sheet; drizzle with canola oil. Combine onion powder, garlic powder, ginger, turmeric, curry powder, paprika, and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 34 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.2 calories, Carbohydrate 19.2 g, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 94.8 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
ROASTED FRESH OKRA
If you have picky eaters who worry about texture, roasted okra is marvelous. It's OK to crowd the pan. Okra shrinks as it cooks. -Anna Katsoulis, Greenville, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss okra with oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side up. Roast 12-15 minutes or until tender and bottoms are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 302mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SIMPLE ROASTED OKRA
Don't be intimidated by this seasonal produce.
Provided by Jasmine Smith
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss together all ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Spread mixture in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven until okra is tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring mixture halfway through cook time. Serve.
MARTHA ROSE SHULMAN'S ROASTED OKRA
My friend Marian Schwartz gave me the idea to roast okra. It's an ingenious strategy: No need to marinate the okra in salt and vinegar beforehand -- it develops a wonderful seared flavor in the hot oven, and it won't be gooey.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield Serves four
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the okra, and drain on a kitchen towel. The okra should be dry. Trim away the stem ends and the tips, just the very ends, and then place the okra in a large bowl. Salt to taste, and toss with the olive oil until coated.
- Lift the okra from the bowl, leaving behind any excess oil. Place on a sheet pan in one layer. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes (large okra might take a little longer), shaking the pan every five minutes. The okra should be lightly browned and tender, with a nice seared aroma. If you don't want it to brown as much, set the oven at 400 degrees.
- Remove from the heat, toss with fresh thyme, if desired, and freshly ground pepper. Transfer to a platter. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 98, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 280 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
This came from the local paper. It's an interesting way to prepare okra that cuts down on okra slime. Very easy and much healthier than fried (but fried is still the hands down champ). I only use kosher salt on roasted vegetables, it really does make a difference.
Provided by LonghornMama
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse okra under cold running water and drain.
- Trim tops by removing stems, but don't cut whole caps off.
- Cut onion in half from stem to top, then each half again in thirds in the same direction.
- Put okra, onion and garlic on an oiled flat pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Tuck in mint sprigs, sprinkle with 3/4 t salt and pepper, toss all together lightly and let flavors mingle at least 20 minutes before roasting.
- Roast at 375 for 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.7, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 1.4, Sodium 5.5, Carbohydrate 6.2, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 1.4, Protein 1.4
More about "roasted okra recipe 395"
SIMPLE ROASTED OKRA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.7/5 (23)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 43 per serving
OVEN ROASTED OKRA RECIPE (CRISPY OKRA CHIPS) - GIVE RECIPE
OVEN BAKED OKRA - COOKING LSL
ROASTED OKRA - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
BEST SPICY ROASTED OKRA RECIPE - URBANFOODLOVER
ZESTY ROASTED OKRA - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
ROASTED OKRA - BASIL AND BUBBLY
ROASTED OKRA WITH OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC - HEALTHY RECIPES …
CRISPY OVEN-ROASTED OKRA : BUCK NAKED KITCHEN
EASY ROASTED OKRA RECIPE– A COUPLE COOKS
EASY OVEN ROASTED OKRA RECIPE - THIS WIFE COOKS
SIMPLE ROASTED OKRA - SWEET CAYENNE
CRISPY ROASTED OKRA ⋆ TWO LUCKY SPOONS
OVEN ROASTED OKRA - MOMMY HATES COOKING
ROASTED OKRA • COOK UP LOVE
ROASTED OKRA RECIPE - A FEW SHORTCUTS
GARLIC ROASTED OKRA - EAT SOMETHING VEGAN
ROASTED CAJUN OKRA | BABAGANOSH
PAN ROASTED OKRA RECIPE ⋆ EASY SKILLET FRIED OKRA ON THE STOVETOP!
CRISPY ROASTED OKRA WITH CREOLE SEASONING - FOOD FIDELITY
ROASTED OKRA RECIPE - OVEN-BAKED WHOLE OKRA - MYFOODCHANNEL
OVEN ROASTED OKRA: HEALTHY, CRUNCHY, AND DELICIOUS
ROASTED OKRA - EDIBLE COMMUNITIES
OVEN ROASTED OKRA RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
ROASTED OKRA - MY DELICIOUS BLOG
PAN ROASTED OKRA WITH GARLIC - GARLIC GIRL
EASY OVEN ROASTED OKRA - EATING BIRD FOOD
OVEN ROASTED OKRA - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
ROASTED OKRA - HILAH COOKING
OKRA SIMPLE ROASTED | DINNER TONIGHT
ROASTED OKRA - MAMA LOVES FOOD
OVEN ROASTED OKRA RECIPE - MYGOURMETCONNECTION
ROASTED OKRA WITH DIPPING SAUCE | THINK TASTY
ROASTED OKRA RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SUPER EASY OVEN ROASTED OKRA - THE KITCHEN GARTEN
ORANGE BALSAMIC ROASTED OKRA - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
SPICY OVEN ROASTED OKRA - ANTO'S KITCHEN
CRISPY ROASTED OKRA RECIPE | RECIPES FROM A PANTRY
HOW-TO ROAST OKRA (AKA OKRA FRIES) - TASTY AND EASY - YOUTUBE
HOW-TO ROAST OKRA (AKA OKRA FRIES) « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
ROASTED OKRA RECIPE | IN SEARCH OF YUMMY-NESS
OVEN ROASTED OKRA - FOOD FOR A YEAR:
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love