- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place garlic cloves on a small piece of foil, and lightly drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Seal foil to form a pouch, and roast garlic in oven until soft, about 20 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oven, and allow garlic to cool slightly; peel and transfer to the bowl of a food processor. Add the chickpeas, and process until finely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, sesame tahini, water, salt, cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil, and process until the texture is light and fluffy but not entirely smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in chives, and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with assorted crudites, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 538 g
FULLA'S ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Peel off the outer layers of the garlic bulb, leaving the cloves intact. Cut off and discard the top 1/4 of the bulb; drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake garlic in the preheated oven until softened, about 50 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of their papery skins. Place garlic, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Garnish with more cumin.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 114.9 calories, Carbohydrate 13.1 g, Fat 5.9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 261.4 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
People also searched
More about "roastedgarlichummus recipes"
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
Reviews 16Calories 95 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Rub extra papery skin off of whole heads of garlic. Cut tips off each clove of garlic with serrated knife to exposing a bit of garlic. Lay root side down on a sheet of aluminum foil or in a small baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil over the cut end of the garlic. Crimp foil closed or cover the baking dish with foil. Roast until the garlic cloves are soft and fragrant, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Open foil and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their papery skin. Discard skin and transfer the cloves to a food processor. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini and salt and puree until completely smooth, about 1 minute. Serve sprinkled with sumac, parsley and drizzled with more olive oil if desired.
THE BEST ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
5/5 (2)Total Time 47 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 91 per serving
- Puree/ process to combine. I usually process for 1.5 to 2 minutes. (Tip:If you want extra creamy hummus, you can go longer from 3 to 4 minutes until it is whipped looking.)
- Add extra water or oil to thin out the hummus, if desired, and process a few more seconds to combine.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - JO COOKS
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, SnackCalories 284 per serving
- Cut the top of the cloves off for each garlic head and place them in aluminum foil with the cut part on top, drizzle with some olive oil and salt and place them in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Once the garlic is roasted, let it cool down for a few minutes, then squeeze or pop the garlic out, right into the food processor.
- Add chickpeas, olive oil, peanut butter, lemon juice, water, cayenne and salt, pepper and process until the hummus is smooth.
CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (44)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory SpreadsCalories 91 per serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cut off the very top of the garlic clove (about 1/4") so that the tops of most of the cloves are exposed slightly. Coat with a little olive oil and wrap securely in tin foil. Roast garlic in oven for 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool.
- Using your fingers, squeeze the soft, roasted garlic out of each clove into food processor. Rinse and drain cooked or canned chickpeas. Add them, and all other ingredients, to the food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Scrape ingredients off sides of food processor to make sure it blends evenly. If you find that the hummus is too thick, you can add additional olive oil at this time. Add it very slowly, allowing the mixture to combine fully before adding more liquid.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS (VIDEO) - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
5/5 (9)Calories 208 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Remove the loose papery outside skin from the garlic heads, but keep the cloves intact. Cut about 1/2 inch from top. Place the garlic cloves each in a piece of foil that's large enough to wrap around. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Close the foil up. Bake in heated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the garlic is very soft. Remove from heat and let cool briefly, then peel.
- In the bowl of a food processor, fitted with a blade, place the roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and water. Sprinkle salt, sumac and cayenne. Blend until smooth. Be sure to add a little more water as needed, until you achieve desired smooth texture. You can also add a little more lemon juice to your taste. Taste and adjust for salt and spices.
- Spread the roasted garlic hummus in a bowl. Add a generous drizzle of quality extra virgin olive oil. Top with za'atar spice, and if you like, parsley, toasted pine nuts, and crumbled feta.
EASY HOMEMADE ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - SO CREAMY! - THE ...
Reviews 3Category Sauces & DressingsCuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 1 hr
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 400° Slice 1/2 inch off the top of a whole head of garlic. Keeping it intact. Place garlic cut side up on a piece of tin foil. Drizzle with olive oil ( if using) and a pinch of salt and pepper over the top. Wrap up the garlic and roast for 45 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, roasted garlic, tahini, lemon juice and zest, sesame oil (if using), spices and aquafaba to your food processor, blender or Nutra Bullet. Process for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - LOVING IT VEGAN
5/5 (7)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Dip, Gluten-Free, SideCalories 161 per serving
- Remove just the outer flaky layers of the two heads of garlic, leaving the inner skins intact. Using a knife chop off just the tips of each clove. Place in tinfoil and pour over 1 tsp of olive oil for each head of garlic and rub it around the sides so that the garlic is covered with the oil. Wrap them up in the tinfoil, place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. When cooked, remove from the tinfoil, allow to cool for a few minutes until they're cool enough to handle and then pop the cloves out into a bowl using your fingers.
- Make the hummus. Add the chickpeas, roasted garlic, lemon juice, tahini and 2 Tbsp of the cold water to the food processor. Process until chunky. Now add the salt, cumin, olive oil and remaining 2 Tbsp of cold water and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, chopped parsley, sesame seeds and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add raw veggies and pita breads on the side for dipping.
MAKE THIS ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS FOR A HEALTHY FALL APPETIZER
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
EASY ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
4.7/5 (21)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 4Total Time 5 mins
- To a food processor add chick peas, lemon juice, tahini paste, salt, cumin and rosemary, and pulse for about 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides and bottom of food processor, add about 3/4 of the roasted garlic, (set the rest aside to mince for garnish). Pulse until combined.
- While the food processor is on, stream in 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2-3 Tbsp water. 3 Tbsp will yield a slightly thinner hummus and 2 Tbsp will yield a slightly thicker hummus. I usually use between 2-3. Pulse until desired smoothness is reached.
- To serve, place hummus in a dish, make slight indentations and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with desired garnishes and serve with fresh pita, naan, pita chips or vegetables.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - THE LEMON BOWL®
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8Calories 153 per serving
- Roast garlic according to these recipe instructions. Place roasted garlic, strained chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and salt in a high-speed food processor and pulse until the consistency of sand. Add in ice water (yes you can add in a couple of ice cubes!) working 2 tablespoons at a time and continue until the hummus reaches desired consistency.
AMAZING ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS • FIVEHEARTHOME
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 202 per serving
- Place the oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Peel away the outer skin of the head of garlic while leaving all of the cloves intact. Cut a 1/2-inch slice off the top of the head of garlic so that the cloves are exposed; discard the top. Set the head of garlic on a square of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and wrap in the foil. Set on a pan and roast for 40 minutes. Carefully open the top of the foil packet (watch for hot steam!) and use a sharp knife to pierce down into a clove; the garlic should be completely softened and golden brown. If it's not, re-wrap the foil and continue to roast, checking every 5 minutes or so, until garlic is done. Unwrap the garlic and set aside to cool.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the resulting garlic paste into the bowl of a high-powered blender or large food processor. Add the drained chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne, plus 3 tablespoons of the reserved chickpea liquid. Puree until smooth, adding additional chickpea liquid 1 tablespoon at a time until a desirable consistency is reached. Continue to puree for another minute or two until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed and seasoning with additional salt to taste, if necessary. At this point, you may discard any leftover reserved chickpea liquid.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving dish and swirl the surface. Drizzle the top with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika and minced parsley. Serve with pita wedges or chips, crackers, and/or raw vegetable dippers.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - THE BUSY BAKER
5/5 (1)Calories 123 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Remove the garlic from the oven and let it cool slightly before squeezing the roasted cloves out of their skins and into the bowl of your food processor.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE | BERLY'S KITCHEN
Reviews 4Calories 140 per servingCategory Appetizer Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 425° and cut the head off a bulb of garlic leaving the cloves intact. Drizzle the exposed cloves with 1 - 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Wrap the bulb tightly with aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. After the garlic roasts, carefully remove the foil and squeeze the roasted cloves out of the bulb. Set aside and discard the skins.
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, roasted garlic, and salt into a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process until the ingredients are combined.
- Open the food processor and use a spatula to scrape down the sides. Process again for another minute and slowly drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons of water into the hummus. It should lighten in color. Pulse for another minute then add the rest of the olive oil. Continue to pulse for an additional minute until the hummus is light and fluffy. If you prefer a thinner hummus add an additional tablespoon of water.
- Top with your favorite garnishes like extra olive oil, smoked paprika, roasted chickpeas, or parsley. Serve with pita bread, veggies, or pretzels. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
ROASTED GARLIC AND CARAMELIZED ONION HUMMUS RECIPE ...
Servings 2.5Total Time 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Cut the top off the head of garlic, just enough to expose the cloves. Place cut-side down on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the extra virgin olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the garlic is soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cool enough to handle squeeze out each clove of garlic.
- While the garlic is roasting, add the onion and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil to a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Cook, stirring frequently until the onion starts to brown then reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is very soft and a medium brown color, about 15 minutes.
- Add half the garlic, the caramelized onion, chickpeas, tahini, 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and salt to a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse until everything is combined; then add water 1 tablespoon at a time, until the hummus is a smooth, thick and spreadable consistency.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (6)Calories 47 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove the loose papery outside skin from the garlic head without separating the cloves. Slice off the top 1/2 inch. Wrap in a small square of foil and roast until the garlic is very soft, about 40 minutes. Unwrap and cool slightly. Separate the cloves and peel.
- Puree the garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, soy sauce, tahini and water in a food processor. Add more or less water as necessary to make a fairly firm dip.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl, stir in parsley and season with salt. Garnish with a sprig of parsley and a sprinkling of paprika.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (4)Total Time 50 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 201 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut about 1/4-inch from top of garlic to expose tops of cloves. Place garlic head on a sheet of foil and drizzle 1 1/2 tsp olive oil evenly over top of garlic.
- Wrap foil up around garlic and roast 35 - 45 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To a food processor add chick peas, lemon juice, tahini, salt and cumin then pulse mixture 2 minutes. Scrape down sides and bottom of food processor, add remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, set aside 3 - 4 cloves of the garlic and add remaining (about 10 - 11) to food processor.
- Pulse 1 minute, then add water (I used 3 Tbsp but if you like it thicker you may want to use 2) and pulse 1 - 2 minutes longer.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCalories 113 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. With a sharp paring knife, slice about 1/2 inch off the top of each garlic head to expose the cloves. Place each head on a piece of foil and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap tightly and roast until the garlic feels soft when gently squeezed, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully unwrap the foil packets and let the garlic cool for at least 15 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Starting at the root end of each garlic head, squeeze the softened cloves into the bowl of a food processor. If desired, reserve a few whole roasted cloves for garnish.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, cumin and water to the food processor. Process until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with additional oil and garnish with whole roasted garlic cloves, if desired.
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (23)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 143 per serving See details »
THE BEST ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS - KYLEE COOKS
Cuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 50 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 296 per serving See details »
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS | ALLRECIPES
Servings 12Calories 144 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins See details »
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
Cuisine American, MediterraneanTotal Time 1 hr 30 minsServings 8Calories 94 per serving See details »
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS | RECIPE IN 2021 | ROASTED GARLIC ...
See details »
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE | RECIPE | GARLIC HUMMUS ...
See details »
BEST ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH - YOUTUBE
See details »
ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS RECIPE | RECIPE | ROASTED GARLIC ...
See details »
See details »
You'll also love