RITZ-CARLTON ROQUEFORT DRESSING
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients except Roquefort until smooth and then stir in Roquefort and salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.5, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 20.1, Sodium 342, Carbohydrate 1.4, Sugar 0.9, Protein 4.3
- In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, cheese, Worcestershire and garlic powder, and process until smooth. Store in tightly covered jar in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve over tossed salad greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 24.1 mg, Fat 26.4 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 457.6 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
This is my version of the wonderful Roquefort dressing that was served at the Magic Lamp Inn in Cucamonga CA when I worked there as a prep-cook 40-45 years ago. As memory serves, it tastes pretty much like the original and is great on salads and as a dip for French fries, chips, chicken wings, or just about anything else you might want to dip in a blue cheese dressing. You have to start this a day ahead to drain the yogurt.
Provided by Toby Jermain
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 8 cups, 16-20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- The night before you want to make the dressing, line a colander with a wet paper towel, stir the yogurt well, and place in the colander to drain.
- Cover with another damp paper towel, and allow to drain overnight.
- If you are a wuss, place the colander in a bowl, and let it drain in the fridge; if not, just leave it in the sink overnight.
- Yogurt just gets better when in sets at room temperature; its a living organism; it doesnt like the cold any more than you do!
- The yogurt should have drained down to about 2 cups, more or less.
- If you are a purist, finely chop the scallions, parsley, white onion, and press the garlic; if not, coarsely chop them, throw them in the food processor, pulse until everything is finely chopped, scraping bowl down once, and transfer to a bowl.
- At the Magic Lamp, everything but the mayo and seasonings, went through the meat grinder, which still left a little texture.
- Combine the yogurt, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and blue cheese in a food processor, or whisk until well combined.
- Crumble the Roquefort or additional blue cheese, add to the processor, and pulse a couple more times, or finely crumble, and whisk into the mixture.
- Add seasonings, and pulse or whisk until incorporated.
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop, taste, and adjust any or all seasonings to taste.
- If possible, refrigerate overnight before using.
- Note: If the dressing seems to need something after setting, I often stir in a couple splashes of balsamic vinegar.
- This is definitely not part of the original recipe.
- Who had ever even heard of balsamic vinegar in the 60s?
- Combine the mustard, vinegar, and half the blue cheese in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking until the mixture becomes thick; gently fold in remaining blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
EVELYN'S ORIGINAL ROQUEFORT DRESSING
For an easy dressing you can add on anything from salads to potatoes, try this recipe. It is so quick to whip up a batch and it stores in the refrigerator for a long time.-Evelyn Skaggs, Nixa, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1 pint.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 271mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BIG-BATCH ROQUEFORT DRESSING
According to family legend, this recipe came from the El Gaucho restaurant in Seattle, about 50 years ago. It has been a family favorite ever since! It's a wonderful salad dressing, and a top-notch dip as well. Store in glass jars in the refrigerator.
Provided by Yomama
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, green onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder together in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Fold cheese into the mayonnaise mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Cholesterol 10.3 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 144.7 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
- Using electric mixer, beat all ingredients except capers in large bowl to blend. Stir in capers. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Tangy Roquefort blue cheese makes this smooth vinaigrette from chef Michel Roux's "Sauces" cookbook the perfect complement to warm green beans.Also Try: Classic Vinaigrette, Tomato Vinaigrette
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both oils, vinegar, cheese, tarragon, and Worcestershire sauce until emulsified and well combined; season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients except Roquefort until smooth and stir in Roquefort and salt and pepper to taste.
More about "roquefort dressing recipes"
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
CREAMY ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
RECIPE: CREAMY ROQUEFORT DRESSING | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
ROQUEFORT DRESSING - BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPES - DELISH
ROQUEFORT CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SIDECAR ROQUEFORT OR BLUE CHEESE DRESSING – VINTAGE.RECIPES
ROQUEFORT DRESSING – LEGENDARY RECIPES
THE BEST ROQUEFORT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ROQUEFORT SALAD | CHEESE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
RECTORY ROQUEFORT SALAD DRESSING
ROQUEFORT DRESSING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ROQUEFORT DRESSING - JULES OF THE KITCHEN
THE BEST ROQUEFORT BLUE CHEESE DRESSING | NOBIGGIE
ROQUEFORT DRESSING - BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPES
ROQUEFORT DRESSING - RECIPE! - LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH. FOOD.
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
THE BEST BLUE CHEESE DRESSING RECIPE
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE - DELISH
RED ROQUEFORT DRESSING | MARGIE'S KITCHEN
ROQUEFORT CREAM DRESSING - PAULA DEEN
LIGHT ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE - THE RELUCTANT GOURMET
WHAT DOES ROQUEFORT DRESSING TASTE LIKE? - FROM HUNGER TO HOPE
ROQUEFORT DRESSING - 40 APRONS
THE HISTORY OF ROQUEFORT FRENCH DRESSING - THE RAMBLING EPICURE
CREAMY ROQUEFORT DRESSING | WEGMANS
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE
ROQUEFORT SALAD - TRADITIONAL FRENCH FOOD
ROQUEFORT RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ROMAINE WITH BUTTERMILK ROQUEFORT DRESSING RECIPE | EAT SMARTER …
ROQUEFORT RECIPES - BBC FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #salads #eggs-dairy #salad-dressings #cheese #food-processor-blender #dietary #equipment #small-appliance #number-of-servings
You'll also love