RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD (KOREAN-STYLE)
Russians call it 'Korean Carrot Salad,' but it is so absolutely ubiquitous in Russia that if they didn't originally own it, they certainly do now. Coriander provides primary flavor; cayenne provides the heat. To get it right, you MUST use a mandoline to julienne the carrots into long, thin strands like spaghetti. To save time, buy them already julienned at the grocery store. This dish is best after it has marinated for 24 hours, but is fine after only 4 or 5 hours.
Provided by The Parkers
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place carrots in a large bowl. Sprinkle garlic over carrots.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir coriander and cayenne pepper into the onion; add to carrot mixture and toss. Pour vinegar dressing over carrot mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer carrot salad to a dish with a tight-fitting lid, cover, and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours, tossing salad several times while it marinates.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.6 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Fat 9.3 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 0.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 766.7 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD WITH CORIANDER
Provided by Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix together 4 grated carrots, 1 Tbsp of vinegar, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Heat some oil in the medium skillet over medium/high heat than saute 1 diced onion until soft and golden (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add 1/4 tsp of ground pepper and stir the onions and pepper quickly. Immediately after stirring, add the them to the carrots.
- Mix well and let salad sit for at least 1 hour before serving.
EASY RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD
This easy Russian carrot salad is so, so good. It's not at all overpowering with spices and takes fairly quick to prepare. There is no need for rubbing or sautéing in this recipe. The ingredients used for this salad are probably already on hand in most households.
Provided by Alyona's Cooking
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel and wash the carrots.
- Then julienne the carrots (slightly tilted for longer pieces) into a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over high heat, until hot (just a few minutes). Do not bring to a boil or a steaming hot temperature.
- Pour hot oil over carrots and toss together, for oil to fully incorporate into the carrots.
- Slightly cool and then add the crushed garlic, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Toss all together and refrigerate at least a few hours before serving.
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD - KOREISKAYA MORKOVKA
This carrot salad is very popular in the Russian cuisine. The crunchy grated carrots are dressed with oil from caramelized onions and seasoned with coriander and garlic.
Provided by Olga's Flavor Factory
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Grate the carrots on a fine julienne grater.
- Slice the onions into half circles. Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the onions. Season with salt to taste. Cook on medium low heat for 7-10 minutes, until the onions are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, season the carrots with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add the sugar, ground coriander, paprika, cayenne pepper and mix to combine.
- Finely mince or press the garlic cloves through a garlic press and place in the bottom of a large bowl. When the onions are cooked, strain the onions through a fine mesh sieve, pouring the hot oil right over the garlic. You can choose to strain out the garlic as well or even add the garlic to the onions during the last 30 seconds of cooking if you want the garlic to have a much more mild flavor in the salad. The other option is to add in the garlic along with the oil to the carrot salad, mixing all the ingredients to combine. The cooked onions will not be used in the salad. Add them to other recipes.
- Store the carrot salad in the refrigerator. You can serve the salad right away, but for the best results, marinate the salad in the refrigerator at least for a few hours or overnight before serving.
- Mix to combine again before serving the salad. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Store the salad in the refrigerator for up to a week.
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD
This is a Siberian variation of a Korean salad (called Korean Carrot Salad in Russia). It is a spicy dish that mixes carrot and coriander for a positively addicting result.
Provided by Sarah Truesdell
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Slice into long, thin, square strips. Hint: you will need a vegetable slicer NOT grater for this job. I bought mine at a local Asian food store.
- For dressing: In separate bowl, mix oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, red pepper and coriander.
- Pour dressing over carrots, mix well.
- Adjust the spices to taste. Reduce the red pepper for a milder version.
Basically a vegetable-studded potato salad with mayonnaise, Russian salad is hugely popular all over the world for family gatherings and festive events. It's a beloved, traditional party dish riffed on almost everywhere but my own home: I'd only ever seen pasty, congealed versions I would never wish to eat until I tried this one from Vladimir Ocokoljic, served at his Serbian restaurant Kafana in New York City. While not quite as demanding as his aunt back in Belgrade, who used to slice even the peas in half, Mr. Ocokoljic insists on the tiny dice (each ingredient should match the size of a pea) and emphatically dislikes any sweet pickles (only gherkins or cornichons are a fit), making the finished dish delicate, luscious and savory. Whisking pickle brine into the mayonnaise creates a liquidy slurry, loose enough to dress the salad without its becoming smushed and gluey.
Provided by Gabrielle Hamilton
Yield 6 1/2 cups (about 12 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season with salt.
- Add whole potatoes to the boiling water, and cook 15 minutes. Add whole carrots to the cooking potatoes, and cook both another 10 minutes. Remove potatoes and carrots with a spider when easily pierced with a cake tester or a very thin knife blade, and set aside in a bowl.
- Add frozen peas to boiling water, and using the spider, remove them to a separate bowl as they float, until all peas have floated and been transferred to the bowl.
- Gently add the eggs, and allow to boil 10 minutes.
- While the eggs cook, peel the potatoes and carrots under cold running water by rubbing them gently with your fingers. Rinse the peas under cold running water to cool.
- Once the eggs are cooked, drain them, and peel under cold running water.
- Neatly dice the potatoes, carrots, ham, eggs and cornichons to the same approximate (and rather small) size as the peas, aiming for uniformity. Gently toss them all together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise with the cornichon brine, and pour over the salad. Toss gently with rubber spatula or using your fingers until the salad is well coated. Season with several hearty grinds of black pepper.
- Refrigerate overnight, and serve cold.
TASHKENT CARROT SALAD
This is the carrot salad recipe from Chicago's Russian Tea TIme - they serve it with almost everything and is very tasty. A bit different from the other salads I saw posted, so I thought I'd share.
Provided by CuteOne
Yield 2 lbs, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Thinly shred carrots, mix with sugar and crushed garlic. Let it stay for 10 minutes to get the juices out.
- Mix with the rest of seasoning. Let marinate for 6 hours.
- Mix thoroughly before serving as juices tend to sit on the bottom of pan. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.9, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 1.9, Sodium 106, Carbohydrate 19.5, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 11.2, Protein 1.5
More about "russian carrot salad recipes"
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD – MOTHER-IN-LAW'S
Author Lauryn ChunEstimated Reading Time 1 min
RUSSIAN MONDAY: CARROT SALAD WITH WALNUTS & GARLIC
KOREISKAYA MORKOVKA: RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD – ANKARSRUM …
CARROT SALAD RECIPE, CARROT APPLE SALAD, UKRAINIAN …
10 BEST RUSSIAN POTATO SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
RUSSIAN STIR-FRY CABBAGE SALAD WITH CARROT - GALA IN …
KOREAN CARROT SALAD RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
RUSSIAN KOREAN CARROT SALAD MORKOVCHA - GALA IN THE …
OLIVIER SALAD - WIKIPEDIA
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD - KOREISKAYA MORKOVKA - PINTEREST
KOREAN CARROT SALAD (MARKOVCHA) | CHEF-PRENEUR
RUSSIAN BEET CARROT SALAD RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
RUSSIAN-KOREAN CARROT SALAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
KOREAN CARROT SALAD (RUSSIAN FAR EAST) - FIERY FOODS & BARBECUE …
RECIPE: UKRAINIAN SWEET CARROT SALAD - JMORE
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD | PENNILESS PARENTING
RUSSIAN “KOREAN CARROT” SALAD – RUSSIAN FILIPINO KITCHEN
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC RUSSIAN KOREAN CARROT SALAD WITH SPICES AND GARLIC
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
KOREAN-STYLE RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD | THE POOR MAN'S KITCHEN
CARROT SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
5 RUSSIAN RECIPES FOR CARROT LOVERS - RUSSIA BEYOND
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT RUSSIAN SALAD | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
RUSSIAN VINAIGRETTE(VINEGRET) SALAD- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
THE ZAKOUSKA TABLE: RUSSIAN CARROT & PARSNIP SALAD
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD – CULTURED CHEF
EASY CARROT SALAD (CAROTTES RAPEES) キャロットラペ • JUST ONE …
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD WITH GARLIC – 3 INGREDIENTS RECIPE
MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
ENSALADA RUSA (RUSSIAN POTATO SALAD) - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
RUSSIAN SALAD: A TRADITIONAL EASTERN EUROPEAN SPECIALTY
KOREAN-RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD - "MORKOVCHA" (HEALTHIER VERSION)
RUSSIAN CARROT SALAD (KOREAN-STYLE) | RECIPESTY
KOREAN CARROT SALAD RECIPE - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
TRY THIS RUSSIAN SALAD FOR A NEW TAKE ON POTATO SALAD
RUSSIAN SLAW RECIPE: HEALTHY CABBAGE SALAD – RUSSIAN FOODIE
CARROT SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #low-protein #salads #vegetables #asian #korean #european #no-cook #potluck #picnic #vegetarian #russian #dietary #spicy #low-carb #low-in-something #carrots #taste-mood #to-go #presentation #served-cold #technique
You'll also love