MARINATED, BREADED LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
I found a lot of great recipes out there for grilled lamb chops but only one for breaded, and it didn't have a lot of flavor. So I came up with this easy recipe myself a few years ago. It's bursting with flavor and has become a comfort food staple in our home. Use plain or Italian bread crumbs. We like it with a Caesar salad and garlic mashed potatoes.
Provided by MSAGGIEAMY
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix together Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic and rosemary in a non-reactive bowl. Place the lamb chops in the marinade and turn. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 3 hours, turning once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Remove lamb chops from marinade and set them aside. Discard the rosemary sprig. Whisk eggs into the leftover marinade. Spread breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- Dip lamb chops into the egg/marinade mixture, then into the bread crumbs, coating evenly. Place the breaded chops into the prepared baking dish. Discard marinade/egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn chops over. Bake for 15 more minutes or to desired doneness.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.4 calories, Carbohydrate 23.2 g, Cholesterol 118.3 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 19.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 1244.3 mg, Sugar 6 g
ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS
While the lamb chops from Beth Tomlinson of Morgantown, West Virginia do make for an upscale meal, they are really fast and easy. "I tend to make them for special occasions, although they are quick enough for a nice weeknight dinner," Beth explains. The chops are perfectly seasoned with rosemary and thyme and have a fabulous presentation sure to impress guests.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour oil over both sides of chops; rub with herb mixture. , In a large skillet, cook chops over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 310mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
ROSEMARY ROAST LAMB CHOPS
This one-pan lamb chops supper only requires some quick assembling - pack in the Mediterranean flavours then let the oven do the work
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Turn the oven to fan 200C/ conventional 220C/gas 7. Heat half the oil in a flameproof roasting tin or ovenproof sauté pan. Brown the lamb for 2 minutes on each side, then lift out of the pan and set aside. Add the rest of the oil to the pan, add the potatoes, then fry for 4-5 minutes, until starting to brown. Add the rosemary and garlic, then return the lamb to the pan, too.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then scatter over the tomatoes and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes just begin to split. Remove from the oven and serve straight from the dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 754 calories, Fat 48 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 46 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 0.34 milligram of sodium
GARLIC ROSEMARY-MARINATED LAMB CHOPS
- Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl stir together the zest, the garlic paste, the rosemary, the oil, and pepper to taste, rub the lamb chops with the marinade, and let them marinate on a plate for 20 minutes. Broil the lamb chops on the rack of a broiler pan about 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare meat.
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC LAMB CHOPS
- Combine first 5 ingredients in processor; blend until garlic is finely chopped. Coat chops with garlic mixture. Arrange chops in single layer on baking sheet. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Preheat broiler. Watching closely, broil lamb 4 to 5 inches from heat source until cooked to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer 3 chops to each plate and serve.
ROSEMARY-AND-GARLIC LAMB CHOPS
Braising is typically used for simmering tough meats for hours, but it works beautifully (and much more quickly!) with tender cuts, too. We paired lamb chops with rosemary and garlic for big flavor, fast.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high. Add oil, then lamb in a single layer. Cook, flipping once, until browned on both sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onions; cook, stirring a few times, until golden brown in places, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, rosemary, and tomato paste; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine; cook until mostly evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in broth. Return lamb and any juices to pan; bring to a simmer. Partially cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of lamb (without touching bone) registers 130 degrees, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve over potatoes.
GRILLED GARLIC AND ROSEMARY LAMB LOIN CHOPS
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, rosemary, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and salt together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add chops and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chops from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill chops until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 135 degrees F (57 degrees C), 5 to 7 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 47.5 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 12.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 59.2 mg
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY GRILLED LAMB CHOPS
This is my way of cooking delicious Lamb Chops and the only way I ever do and so easy to do. I've also made them on the stove top and still very good. Company always love them and is a treat as many people don't try to cook it themselves.
Provided by CC G
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine rosemary, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub ingredients on both sides of lamb chops.
- Marinate 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill on medium-high heat and sear (approximately 3-4 minutes per side) or to your taste-lamb should be slightly pink in the center.
- Rest for 10 minutes cover with aluminum foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1010.2, Fat 89.5, SaturatedFat 35.4, Cholesterol 210.9, Sodium 160.8, Carbohydrate 1.6, Fiber 0.2, Protein 46.8
LAMB CHOPS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dry the lamb chops well and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the oil to the pan and heat until shimmering. Lay chops in the pan and cook, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the sides of the lamb registers 125 degrees F, about 4 minutes per side. After cooking the lamb on each side, stand it up on it's edges to brown the sides as well, about 2 minutes more. Reduce the heat if needed so the browned bits remaining in the pan don't burn. Remove chops from the skillet and set aside in a warm place.
- Pour off all but 1 1/2 tablespoons fat from the skillet. Add the garlic and cook, tilting the skillet to keep the garlic submerged in the fat, and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Add the wine and rosemary, stirring up browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and simmer over high heat until syrupy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cook until reduced by about half, another 5 to 6 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and briskly whisk in the butter. When the butter has incorporated, whisk in the mustard and heavy cream. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve 2 chops per person with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488 calorie, Fat 27 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Protein 48 grams
More about "rosemary and garlic lamb chops recipes"
ROSEMARY GARLIC GRILLED LAMB CHOPS | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (14)Total Time 15 minsCategory Dinner, GrillingCalories 313 per serving
- Mix Marinade ingredients in a bowl until salt dissolves. Add lamb, mix to coat, then marinate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, up to 24 hours.
- Brush BBQ bars with oil if required (Note 1) and heat to medium high (or heat 1/2 tbsp oil in skillet on stove on medium high).
- Cook lamb to your taste. I had 4 x 150g/5oz lamb loin chops about 2cm/3/4" thick and 3 minutes on each side = medium. I also cooked smashed garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs for garnish.
HOW TO COOK LAMB CHOPS - BEST GARLICKY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE
5/5 (5)Category Gluten-Free, Easter, Dinner
GARLIC HERB LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (64)Total Time 4 hrs 40 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 396 per serving
LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC RECIPE
4.9/5 (40)Total Time 50 minsCategory DinnerCalories 506 per serving
GARLIC & ROSEMARY GRILLED LAMB CHOPS - DELISH D'LITES
5/5 (65)Total Time 25 mins
- Pour the marinade over the lamb chops, making sure to flip them over to cover them completely. Cover and marinate the chops in the fridge for as little as 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Grill the lamb chops on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 135 degrees F.
LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC RECIPE - ERIC RIPERT ...
- In a large shallow dish, combine the rosemary, garlic and olive oil. Add the lamb chops and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan. Remove the lamb chops from the marinade and scrape off some of the rosemary and garlic. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and grill over moderate heat until medium rare, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve at once.
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC LAMB CHOPS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Servings 4Steps 3Difficulty 10 minTotal Time 10 mins
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a processor; blend until garlic is finely chopped. Coat chops with garlic mixture. Arrange chops in single layer on baking sheet. (Mixture can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- 2. Preheat broiler. Watching closely, broil lamb 4 to 5 inches from heat source until cooked to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer 3 chops to each plate and serve.
ROSEMARY & GARLIC OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB - HOUSE OF ...
4.9/5 (53)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 590 per serving
- Remove the rack of lamb from the refrigerator and place in a baking dish. Season both sides of the lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic cloves and lemon zest and pulse until finely chopped. This can be done by hand by finely chopping the garlic and herbs, then stirring into the oil in a small bowl if you do not have a food processor.
- Rub the marinade over the seasoned lamb and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before roasting so that it will cook evenly. [See Recipe Notes]
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the lamb with the fat side up on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes before rotating the baking sheet to ensure even cooking and roasting for another 10 minutes for medium-rare meat or 15 minutes for medium doneness (although in my opinion, lamb should is best served medium-rare). If using a digital meat thermometer, medium-rare will be between 130-140 degrees F and medium is between 140-145 degrees F. But the internal temperature will continue to rise about 5 degrees after the rack is removed from the oven, so if you are shooting for an end temp of 130, you will want to pull the lamb when it reaches 125 degrees F.
LAMB CHOPS WITH GARLIC & HERBS - JESSICA GAVIN
3.9/5 (383)Total Time 1 hrCategory EntreeCalories 465 per serving
- Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, once hot add in the lamb chops.
GARLIC ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS - THE LEMON BOWL®
3.7/5 (29)Total Time 55 minsCategory EntreeCalories 242 per serving
- When grill is ready, cook about for 4 minutes per side, turning once or until you've reached desired doneness.
GARLIC ROSEMARY GRILLED LAMB CHOPS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
5/5 (1)Category DinnerCuisine MediterraneanCalories 250 per serving
- Pour over the lamb chops then cover and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes but ideally up to 4 hours.
- Add the lamb chops and allow to cook for 5-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Stand the lamb chops on their fat caps and allow to cook for another 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden. If you prefer them to be less done, cook them for 3-5 minutes per side but allow the fat to render and crisp for the best end result.
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC LAMB CHOPS - CLASSIC AUSSIE RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
HERB AND GARLIC LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (39)Total Time 29 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 624 per serving
GRILLED GARLIC & ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - PAULA DEEN
Servings 10Total Time 10 mins
LAMB CHOPS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - FOOD NETWORK
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main-CourseServings 4
ROASTED LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC RECIPE ...
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC LAMB CHOPS | THE SPLENDID TABLE
LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to grill lamb chops with garlic and Rosemary?Instructions 1 Combine the garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, lemon zest and olive oil in a measuring cup. 2 Pour the marinade over the lamb chops, making sure to flip them over to cover them completely. ... 3 Grill the lamb chops on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 135 degrees F. More items...
How do you marinate lamb chops in olive oil?In a large baking dish, toss the lamb with the olive oil, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes, rosemary, oregano, and thyme. The Spruce. Once evenly coated, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Lamb chops may be marinated overnight.
What kind of herbs go with lamb chops?Lamb chops marinated in garlic, rosemary, thyme, and olive oil then pan-seared on the stovetop to create a wonderfully flavorful crust.
What's the best way to cook a lamb chop?Consider the lamb chop—delicate, tender, juicy, and easy. Rub with some chopped herbs, garlic, salt and pepper, and olive oil, let sit for a bit, sear all over on high heat, let rest a few minutes, and serve. A lamb chop is such a lovely tender cut of meat, you just don’t have to do much to it.