S'MORES DRIP CAKE
No campfire required for this S'mores dessert in the form of a jubilant cake topped with a flame-licked meringue and dark chocolate drips.
Provided by Food.com
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make 3 layers of chocolate cake, following package instructions for 8-inch cake pans. Let cool completely before using a serrated knife to remove any domed tops before frosting.
- For the buttercream:.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and shortening together until completely smooth, creamy and well-mixed.
- Add the marshmallow cream, salt and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add the powdered sugar in 3 to 4 batches, to avoid making a mess, stirring well between additions. Mix in the milk a tablespoon at a time until you get a soft, spreadable frosting.
- Remove 2/3 cup of frosting and place into a small bowl. Mix the cocoa powder into this frosting then scoop into a disposable piping bag and set aside.
- To the remaining frosting the medium bowl, add 6 tablespoons of the graham cracker crumbs and stir through to combine. Reserve the remaining 2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs for garnish.
- To make the meringue:.
- Fill a medium pot with 2-inch depth of water and place over a medium-low heat on the stove. Set a large, heatproof bowl over the pot. Add the egg whites and sugar to the large bowl and stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved (the mixture shouldn't feel gritty when you rub some between your fingertips) and registers 160 degrees F on a thermometer.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and use electric beaters to whisk until cool, very fluffy and thickened - you should be able to lift up the beaters and form stiff peaks in the mixture which do not sink back into the meringue.
- To make the ganache:.
- Place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small pot over a medium heat until steaming. Pour this over the chocolate in the bowl and let sit for 5 minutes so the chocolate can melt. Only then, stir together until smooth. Let cool for 10-20 minutes at room temperature until slightly thickened. Transfer the ganache to a disposable piping bag.
- Place a dab of graham cracker buttercream onto a cake board or serving plate and place on the first cake layer to secure it to the board.
- Scoop roughly 1/3 cup of graham cracker buttercream onto the layer and spread it out into an even layer over the top of the cake layer. Top with the second cake layer and spread on another ~1/3 cup of graham cracker frosting. Top with the final cake layer and spread another ~1/3 cup of frosting over the top of the cake.
- Transfer the remaining graham cracker buttercream to a piping bag.
- Snip the tips off the piping bags containing the chocolate and graham cracker buttercreams - you want the holes to be about 1 inch wide.
- Pipe alternating horizontal rings of chocolate and graham cracker buttercream around the outer sides of the cake to create a stripy effect around the cake. Use a flat cake scraper (or a metal bench scraper or palette knife) to smooth the buttercream on the outside of the cake into an even, smooth layer - it's helpful to use a revolving cake turntable here as you can spin the cake with one hand very easily as you hold the cake scraper straight against the edge of the cake.
- Snip the tip off the piping bag containing the warm chocolate ganache. Pipe ganache around the top edge of the cake, allowing it to drip down the cake in vertical drips. Use the remaining ganache to cover the top of the cake, using an offset spatula if needed to spread into an even layer. Let set (you can chill in the fridge to speed this up) until the ganache is set.
- Once the ganache has set, scoop the meringue from the bowl onto the top of the cake. Make dramatic dips, peaks and waves in the meringue. Use a kitchen blowtorch to lightly toast the meringue all over.
- Press the reserved graham cracker crumbs over the bottom edge of the cake.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 874.7, Fat 53.8, SaturatedFat 23.9, Cholesterol 71.7, Sodium 144, Carbohydrate 99.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 86, Protein 2.4
S'MORES ICEBOX CAKE
- Preheat the broiler. Make the ganache: Put the chocolate in a small bowl. Bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over the chocolate and let sit 5 minutes. Stir until smooth; set aside to cool.
- Butter a baking sheet, then arrange 15 marshmallows on the baking sheet and broil until toasted and bubbling, 30 seconds to 1 minute; set aside to cool. Combine 1 cup heavy cream, the cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl and beat with a mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Combine the remaining 1 cup heavy cream and the broiled marshmallows in a medium bowl; beat with the mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. (It's OK if some small pieces of marshmallow remain in the whipped cream.)
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang on the long sides. Line the bottom of the pan with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking to fit as needed. Spread with half of the marshmallow whipped cream. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the chocolate ganache, then top with another layer of graham crackers. Spread half of the chocolate whipped cream over the graham crackers, drizzle with 2 tablespoons ganache, then top with a layer of graham crackers. Spread the remaining marshmallow whipped cream on top, drizzle with 2 tablespoons ganache, then top with a layer of graham crackers. Spread the remaining chocolate whipped cream on top, drizzle with 2 tablespoons ganache and top with a final layer of graham crackers.
- Fold the overhanging plastic wrap over the graham crackers and press gently. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Place the remaining graham crackers (about 1 1/2) in a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely ground. Set aside. Refrigerate the remaining ganache.
- About 1 hour before serving, preheat the broiler. Warm the reserved ganache in the microwave until pourable. Butter a baking sheet. Cut the remaining 9 marshmallows in half (parallel to the flat sides) and arrange cut-side down on the baking sheet in a tight 3-by-6 rectangle (the marshmallows should be touching). Broil until toasted and bubbling, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Let the marshmallows and ganache cool, about 1 hour.
- Invert the cake onto a platter and discard the plastic wrap. Press the reserved graham cracker crumbs onto the sides of the cake. Pour the ganache on top of the cake and spread in a thin layer, letting some drip down the sides. Remove the toasted marshmallows in one piece from the baking sheet with a large metal spatula and place on top of the cake.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Make the ganache: Heat the heavy cream, chocolate and salt in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water), stirring occasionally, until the chocolate melts and the ganache is smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside until the ganache is cool and thick but still pourable, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and salt in a bowl until combined. Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool. Assemble the cake as close to serving time as possible: Using a long serrated knife, carefully slice each cake layer in half horizontally. Place 1 cake half on a platter. Using a lightly oiled offset spatula or spoon, spread one-third of the marshmallow cream on top, stopping about 1 inch from the edge (if the marshmallow cream is difficult to spread, microwave 10 to 15 seconds to soften). Sprinkle one-third of the graham cracker mixture over the marshmallow cream. Repeat to make 4 layers, ending with cake; reserve a few tablespoons of the graham cracker mixture for topping. Pour the ganache over the cake, letting it drip down the sides. Sprinkle with the reserved graham cracker mixture. Serve immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch-round cake pans with cooking spray and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a medium bowl until smooth; set aside. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until combined. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream and vanilla and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Reduce the mixer speed to low; beat in the cocoa mixture in a steady stream until just combined, then finish mixing with a rubber spatula. (The batter will be thin.)
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and tap the pans against the counter to help the batter settle. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pans and turn the cakes out onto the racks to cool completely. Remove the parchment. Trim the tops of the cakes with a long serrated knife to make them level, if desired.
More about "s mores drip cake recipes"
S'MORES CAKE: FLUFFY CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MARSHMALLOW …
Reviews 9Calories 450 per servingCategory Cakes
- Line four seven-inch or three 8-inch pans with parchment rounds and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Add 2 1/2 cups sugar and 1 cup butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together on a high speed for 1-2 minutes with a whisk attachment or hand mixer. The mixture should become light in color.
THE MOST DELICIOUS ULTIMATE S'MORES CAKE
5/5 (18)Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCuisine Cake
DECADENT S'MORES DRIP CAKE - SLUMBER AND SCONES
Reviews 4Category DessertCuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C (150°C Fan). Line four 8” cake tins with greaseproof paper and leave to one side.
- In a bowl mix together the icing sugar, butter, vanilla and cocoa powder until combined. The mixture will be quite thick
- To crush the cookies: Add the graham crackers/biscuits to a food processor and blitz until the resemble small crumbs. Alternatively, add them to a food safe bag and bash them with a rolling pin. Leave to one side.
- Place your first cake on your serving plate and pipe the buttercream on top. Smooth using a spatula, don’t worry is any of the buttercream splodges out the side. Pipe a border around the edge of the cake and fill the centre with crushed biscuits. Repeat, alternating each layer with crushed biscuits and chocolate ganache until your cake is stacked.
S'MORES CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (3)Category Dessert, CakeCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
THREE LAYER S'MORES CAKE | BUNSEN BURNER BAKERY
UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS S'MORES CAKE - ALSO THE CRUMBS …
S'MORES PEANUT BUTTER CAKE - STEPHANIE'S SWEET TREATS
DECADENT PEANUT BUTTER S'MORES CAKE | CAKE BY COURTNEY
THE ULTIMATE S'MORES CAKE (SECRETLY VEGAN + GF!) | THE ...
RECIPES | LECLERC
S'MORES CAKE RECIPE | MY CAKE SCHOOL
S'MORES CAKE RECIPE FROM DANA'S BAKERY - CAKE GEEK MAGAZINE
S'MORES DRIP CAKE | BAKING WITH RYAN
S'MORES CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
S'MORES CAKE | DESSARTS
S'MORES CAKE RECIPE | S'MORE STUFFED CHOCOLATE CAKE!
DECONSTRUCTED S'MORES CAKE | FOODTALK
S'MORES CAKE WITH TOASTED MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM - SUGAR ...
VEGAN S'MORES CAKE RECIPE - THE LITTLE BLOG OF VEGAN
S'MORES CAKE - CAKED BY KATIE
S'MORES LAYER CAKE - IN BLOOM BAKERY
S'MORES - MORE THAN A CAMPFIRE TREAT - DUTCH APRON BAKERY
S'MORES DRIP CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | DRIP CAKE ...
S’MORES ICE CREAM CAKE | QUEENSLEE APPéTIT
EPIC BISCOFF S'MORES CAKE - FULL RECIPE! | CUPCAKE JEMMA ...
DRIP CAKE RECIPE: TUTORIAL & TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT DRIP ...
S'MORES DRIP CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | SMORES CAKE ...
SMORES CAKE - RECIPE & DECORATING TUTORIAL - LEXIS ROSE
EASY S'MORES CAKE RECIPE | FT NATURES CHARM - THE LITTLE ...
BEST S'MORES CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE S'MORES CAKE
S'MORES CAKE - PIES AND TACOS
S’MORES CAKE WITH TOASTED MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM RECIPE ...
S'MORES DRIP CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | DRIP CAKE ...
S'MORES LAYER CAKE WITH HOMEMADE FLUFF - BARAN BAKERY
450 S'MORES RECIPES IDEAS | DESSERT RECIPES, DELICIOUS ...
S'MORES LAYER CAKE - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
S’MORES CAKE – PRUDENCE BAKES
SCRUMPTIOUS S'MORES LAYER CAKE RECIPE — BITE ME MORE
S'MORES ICEBOX CAKE RECIPE - ZOëBAKES
S'MORES CAKE - LIV FOR CAKE - LIV FOR CAKE | CLASSIC CAKE ...
RECIPES > CAKE > HOW TO MAKE S'MORES CAKE
IRRESISTIBLE S'MORES CAKE RECIPE - BAKED BY BLAIR
GINGERBREAD S'MORES CAKE - MY KITCHEN DRAWER
S'MORES CAKE - TORNADOUGH ALLI
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #desserts #cakes #chocolate #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make s'mores drip cake?S'mores Drip Cake! Chocolate Sponge, Marshmallow Fluff Buttercream Frosting, Toasted Marshmallows and Crushed Biscuits make the ultimate S’mores Cake to end all S’mores. For the Cake! Heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan and line three 20cm/8inch cake tins with baking parchment – leave to the side.
How do you make s’mores cake?For our S’mores Cake, we doctored up our favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe by giving each layer a delicious graham cracker crust. This graham cracker layer is a flavorful combination of graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. The mixture is pressed into the bottom of the pans before adding the chocolate batter.
What kind of cake do you make for s'mores?S'mores Drip Cake! Chocolate Sponge, Marshmallow Fluff Buttercream Frosting, Toasted Marshmallows and Crushed Biscuits make the ultimate S’mores Cake to end all S’mores. For the Cake!
What are s'mores?S'mores are an American classic. A warm, toasted marshmallow sandwiched between two graham crackers and a perfectly melted square of chocolate is a gooey, melty, crispy, and sweet treat. This flavor profile is the basis for an impressive s'mores layer cake with a drippy ganache topping, and there are even extra s'mores as decoration on top!