SALMON FILLETS OVER COUSCOUS
Make and share this Salmon Fillets over Couscous recipe from Food.com.
Provided by looneytunesfan
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to glass pan and place the salmon. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the top of the salmon and sprinkle with the House Seasoning. Top with pads of butter. Wrap in the foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve on a bed of couscous.
- House Seasoning: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Couscous: Combine water or chicken stock, salt and butter in a saucepan, over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Add diced tomatoes, crumbled feta, and green onions. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork, and serve hot or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338.4, Fat 11.3, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 30.7, Sodium 19463.5, Carbohydrate 48.9, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 4.4, Protein 11.6
SALMON IN A COUSCOUS CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the parsley, raisins, olives, capers, pine nuts, olive oil, and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper; stir in the couscous to moisten completely and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Put the salmon in a single layer in a smallish buttered gratin dish or baking dish (bottom measured 10 by 7 1/4 inches; 2.8 liter); the fillets should not touch one another. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Now spoon the couscous mixture over the top of the fish so that it completely covers them and fills in the whole dish at the same time. Pour over the water. Drizzle with olive oil. Put the dish in the oven and bake 25 minutes. Use a large spoon to spoon out the salmon and the couscous.
- Note: 1 cup couscous plus 1 1/3 cups water is a better quantity to serve 2 if you have a smaller gratin dish or baking dish (remaining quantities are the same).
PAN SEARED SALMON AND COUSCOUS
A Cook's Illustrated recipe from "The Best 30 Minute Recipe". This one uses Israeli couscous, so take note. What's phenomenal is the lemon drizzle sauce. It ups the composition 10 fold.
Provided by gailanng
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the over to 200 degrees. .
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Preheat 2 tablespoons olive oil to smoking over medium high heat in a nonstick 12 inch skillet.
- Place the fillets in the skillet (flesh side down if skin is on) for five minutes. Don't move them around. Wait to form a nice caramelized crust.
- Place seared fillets (flesh side "up" if skin is on) in a baking dish and put on the middle rack of your 200 degree oven for about 15 minutes. This will be long enough for the salmon to cook all the way through.
- Carefully wipe out the skillet with paper towels and put back on medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat until it shimmers.
- Add the couscous to the skillet and stir over the heat until the grains are toasted and light brown. (This is a little tricky. This can go from "raw" to "burnt" in about 2 minutes once the first grains turn tan).
- When the grains are toasted, add the shallots, lemon zest and minced garlic; stir and cook until fragrant ( 30 secs to 90 secs).
- Add the water to the skillet (slowly to avoid splattering) and let the mixture come to a boil. Cover the skillet and let cook for about 12 minutes (long enough for the couscous to absorb all the liquid).
- Once the salmon is in the oven and the skillet full of cous cous is simmering, make a lemon scented chive flavor "drizzling oil" by whisking together 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice and the minced chives. (This sauce makes the dish.).
- When salmon is cooked through and couscous has absorbed all the liquid, add the frozen peas to the cous cous and remove from heat. The peas will defrost in a couple of minutes (golden raisins work well, too).
- Serve the salmon fillets on beds of couscous and pour a bit of the drizzling lemon-oil over each serving. Salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.8, Fat 14.1, SaturatedFat 2, Sodium 25.7, Carbohydrate 54.9, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 1, Protein 9.4
SALMON FILLETS WITH DILL COUSCOUS & SPICY KALE
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the EVOO in a skillet with a lid over medium to medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes, wilt in the kale, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour in 1 cup of the stock, cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Then uncover, add the radishes, and sprinkle with the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- While the kale cooks, heat the remaining tablespoon of EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with Old Bay. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for pink centers and 2 minutes longer on each side for opaque fish. Douse the fish with the juice of the remaining 1/2 lemon.
- While the salmon cooks, bring the remaining 1 1/4 cups of stock and the butter to a boil in a rice or sauce pot with a lid. Once it is boiling, stir in the couscous and dill. Turn off the heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve the salmon on a bed of spicy kale and couscous. Garnish the dill couscous with the chopped cucumber.
SPICE & HONEY SALMON WITH COUSCOUS
The fish doesn't need to marinate for long to take on all the Moroccan flavours in this dish
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Zest and juice 1 lemon, then mix the zest and ½ the juice with the spice, garlic, ½ the spring onions and 2 tsp oil. Season well. Put the salmon into a shallow dish, spoon over the marinade, then leave for 10 mins to let the flavours mingle.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl. Tip in the remaining lemon juice and oil, spring onions and 150ml boiling water, then cover and leave to stand.
- Lift the salmon onto a foil-lined baking tray, spoon over any leftover marinade, then roast for 15 mins. With 5 mins to go, pull out the baking tray and spoon 1 tsp clear honey over each fillet.
- Add the mint to the couscous and fluff it up with a fork. Serve the salmon with the couscous, spoon over the juices from the baking tray and add lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 0.21 milligram of sodium
SALMON WITH TOMATO-GOAT CHEESE COUSCOUS
Rich with goat cheese and tomato, this recipe works for a weeknight supper or an elegant company dinner-and is adjustable for number of people. -Toni Roberts, La Canada, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sprinkle salmon with salt, garlic salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add salmon skin side up and cook 3 minutes. Turn fish and cook an additional 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from heat and keep warm., In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until stock is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, green onions and goat cheese. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 19g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 506mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SALMON WITH COUSCOUS PILAF
This delicious one-pan meal is convenient and makes dishwashing easy.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Seafood Recipes Salmon Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, mix together carrots, couscous, almonds, raisins, mint, oil, 1 1/4 cups water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place salmon fillets on top of couscous mixture; season generously with salt and pepper. Cover pan with foil; bake until fish is opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plates. Fluff couscous with a fork; serve with fish and lemon wedges.
SALMON AND COUSCOUS BAKE
Looking for a hearty dinner? Then check out this baked pasta and salmon casserole that's ready in 40 minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches, with cooking spray. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces.
- Stir couscous, seasoning packet from couscous mix, water, oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, the zucchini and summer squash in baking dish. Place fish on couscous mixture. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon dill weed.
- Cover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 75 mg
More about "salmon fillets over couscous recipes"
SALMON FILETS OVER COUSCOUS | PAULA DEEN
Servings 10Total Time 10 mins
RECIPE: QUICK SALMON & COUSCOUS WITH CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
ROAST SALMON WITH COUSCOUS CRUST - SALMON RECIPES - DELISH
ROASTED SALMON FILLETS WITH TOMATOES AND FETA COUSCOUS
GLAZED SALMON WITH GIANT COUSCOUS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
LEMONY ROASTED SALMON WITH WHITE WINE COUSCOUS RECIPE
SALMON & COUSCOUS | FISH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
SALMON OVER TOMATO AND SCALLION PEARL COUSCOUS - WILD ATLANTIC …
SALMON FILLETS OVER COUSCOUS – RECIPES NETWORK
30 MINUTE MEDITERRANEAN SHEET PAN SALMON WITH COUSCOUS
SALMON FILLETS OVER COUSCOUS RECIPE
SALMON WITH VEGETABLE COUSCOUS | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
MOROCCAN SALMON & COUSCOUS RECIPE | TESCO REAL FOOD
GLAZED SALMON WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VEGAN SALMON FILLETS (TOFU FISH) - BIANCA ZAPATKA | RECIPES
18 BAKED SALMON FILLET RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ROAST SALMON WITH COUSCOUS CRUST RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : DILLED SALMON OVER COUSCOUS
SALMON AND COUSCOUS IN PARCHMENT | CANADIAN LIVING
SUMAC SALMON OVER SUN-DRIED TOMATO PEARL COUSCOUS
SALMON FILLET ON VEGETABLE COUSCOUS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SEARED GREEK SALMON WITH COUSCOUS - SUMPTUOUS LIVING
VEGETABLE COUSCOUS WITH SALMON | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
SALMON AND PEARL COUSCOUS BOWL/ THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
17 SPICY SALMON DINNER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SALMON AND COUSCOUS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BOBBY'S SALMON FILETS OVER COUSCOUS - PAULA DEEN
GLAZED SALMON WITH COUSCOUS - LEAH-CLAIRE.COM
SALMON FILLETS OVER COUSCOUS RECIPE
SALMON AND COUSCOUS / COUNTRYWIVES - ANNABEL & GRACE
SALMON WITH LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALMON FILLETS OVER COUSCOUS WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS
PAN-FRIED SALMON WITH AROMATIC COUSCOUS | JERNEJ KITCHEN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#celebrity #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pasta #seafood #salmon #fish #pasta-rice-and-grains #saltwater-fish #novelty
You'll also love