CHEF JOHN'S SALMON LOAF
Canned salmon is a great, inexpensive source of proteins and omegas, and you may have stocked up on a few cans but not known what to do with them. This tasty shelter-in-place salmon loaf is so good for you! While salmon right out of the can may not be the most appealing thing to look at, this salmon loaf is so delicious that we can surely forgive some of its visual shortcomings. Remember, looks are less important than personality (and taste!) and this easy salmon loaf is proof of that. Serve with your favorite tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, or hot, white cream sauce.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Generously butter a loaf pan.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saute pan until bubbling. Toss in onion, give the pan a quick shake, and stir with a wooden spoon; cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Place salmon in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add cracker crumbs, salt, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar, butter, and onions; mix and mash with a spatula or spoon until smooth.
- Separate eggs, adding whites to a clean glass, metal, or ceramic bowl and adding yolks to salmon mixture. Mix egg yolks and salmon until well combined.
- Whisk whites to medium stiff peaks. Gently fold into salmon mixture in 2 additions.
- Transfer salmon mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula to even it out and shake and tap the pan to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then carefully turn loaf out onto a cutting board. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.5 calories, Carbohydrate 7.9 g, Cholesterol 213.1 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 28.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 879.9 mg, Sugar 1 g
A great, different way to serve salmon. Simple and easy to prepare and make, this is a sure hunger and palate pleaser.
Provided by Aric Ross
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Drain and flake salmon.
- Add all other ingredients and mix lightly.
- Pour mixture into well greased 8"X4" loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
During the Depression, Mom's tasty salmon loaf was a welcome change from the usual meat loaf everyone made to stretch a meal. I still like a lot of the make-do meals of those days, but this loaf is one of my favorites. -Dorothy Bateman, Carver, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, onion, bread crumbs and butter. Stir in the egg yolks, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. , In a small bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into salmon mixture. , Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Place in a larger baking pan. Add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing., Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in olives. Serve with salmon loaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476 calories, Fat 33g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 264mg cholesterol, Sodium 1334mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salmon, cracker crumbs, milk, egg, salt, pepper, and melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Press the salmon mixture into a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 292.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.7 g, Cholesterol 109.6 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 27.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 536.4 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
- 1. Saute onion and celery in butter until soft; about 10 minutes. Add curry powder and cook one minute more. Scrape into large bowl. 2. Add remaining ingredients and mix gently until well combined. Refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes. 3. Preheat oven to 375. 4. Shape the fixh mixture into a loaf about 8 inches long by 4 inches wide on a nonstick, heavy baking sheet. Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf for 20 seconds is hot to the touch, about 45 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly, cut iinto thick slices with a serrated knife and serve.
MINI SALMON LOAF
This nicely textured salmon loaf accompanied by a pleasing dill sauce is perfect for two. "I've made it many, many times," relates Patricia Gould of Canaan, New Hampshire.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt, pepper and celery mixture. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan., Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon loaf.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 884 calories, Fat 75g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 196mg cholesterol, Sodium 1386mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
EASY SALMON LOAF
This is an old, old recipe from my Aunt Jeanie-Beanie. I loved this one as a kid and my family enjoys it now.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make Salmon Loaf: Add milk and breadcrumbs to a bowl; stir to combine; set aside.
- In another bowl beat the egg yolks until thick and the color of lemons.
- Add in the breadcrumb mixture, lemon juice, salts, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Add in salmon; stir to combine; set aside.
- In yet, another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry; add to the salmon mixture; fold in gently.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 7 1/2 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, make white sauce: let the butter melt in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add in the flour and stir until smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- Gradually pour in the milk; cook over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut salmon loaf into slices and serve with white sauce on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.1, Fat 17.7, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 178, Sodium 597.8, Carbohydrate 13.6, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.9, Protein 30.6
More about "salmon loaf recipes"
BASIC BEST SALMON LOAF RECIPE | BUMBLE BEE SEAFOODS
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
SALMON LOAF - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
15 SALMON LOAF RECIPE WITH CELERY - SELECTED RECIPES
SALMON LOAF WITH DILL SAUCE - CARNATION MILK
SALMON LOAF CASSEROLE (GRANDMOTHER'S RECIPE) - CARVING A JOURNEY
SALMON LOAF | WILD PLANET FOODS
10 BEST SALMON LOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
OUR BEST CANNED SALMON RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALMON PATTY RECIPE, OR MAKE IT INTO A SALMON LOAF
RECIPE FOR SALMON LOAF USING CANNED SALMON - HEALTHY LIFE - OMIGY
16 SALMON LOAF RECIPES | RECIPELAND
GRANDMA’S SALMON LOAF – CLOVER LEAF
SALMON LOAF - (THE EASIEST BUDGET-FRIENDLY RECIPE!)
BAKED SALMON LOAF - EASY LENT ENTREE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
SALMON LOAF AND DILL SAUCE - BONITA'S KITCHEN
GARDEN SALMON LOAF RECIPE - QUAKER OATS RECIPE - DELISH
BASIC BAKED SALMON LOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BASIC BEST SALMON LOAF RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST CANNED SALMON LOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
SALMON LOAF WITH CUCUMBER SALAD (PALEO, WHOLE30, LOW-CARB)
SALMON LOAF | PALEO | THE JOYFUL TABLE
PERFECT SALMON LOAF - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
SALMON LOAF - SALU SALO RECIPES
NOT GRANDMA'S SALMON LOAF - FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
BETTY CROCKER SALMON LOAF RECIPE FROM 1969 - THERESCIPES.INFO
OLD FASHIONED SALMON LOAF RECIPE
SALMON LOAF | MYPLATE
PAULA DEEN SALMON LOAF RECIPE - YOGITRITION
SALMON LOAF - FARM GIRL FRESH
SALMON LOAF WITH DILL WHITE SAUCE - LOW CARB YUM
LEMON AND HERB SALMON LOAF - CITYLINE
SALMON LOAF - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
21 BAKED SALMON LOAF RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
EASY WEEKNIGHT SALMON LOAF - ENTERTAINING DIVA RECIPES
SALMON LOAF - MY CASUAL PANTRY
SALMON LOAF | CANADIAN LIVING
SAUCY SALMON LOAF - READER'S DIGEST
SALMON LOAF - BEST LOW CARB RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #seafood #easy #salmon #fish #saltwater-fish #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake salmon loaf with sauce?Directions. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt, pepper and celery mixture. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon loaf.
What is the best recipe for salmon fillet?Stir in the lemon juice, egg yolks, parsley, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, add egg whites and beat them at high speed. Add it to the salmon mixture, and combine them. Transfer the salmon batter to a loaf pan, then place it in a large baking pan.
How to make salmon bread with eggs?Flake the salmon and combine it with breadcrumbs in a medium-sized bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk the eggs with cream (or milk) and melted butter . Combine the wet ingredients with the salmon mixture and stir in the onion, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper. Use a spatula to turn the salmon mixture into the loaf pan.
How to cook flaked salmon in the oven?How to Make It Grease a 9-x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan. Combine flaked salmon with bread crumbs. Whisk eggs with cream or milk and melted butter. Combine with the salmon mixture and stir in the onion, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until done.