SALTED CARAMEL PEAR CAKE
Bake a cake that has it all: moist, fragrant sponge, silky Italian meringue, tahini buttercream and sharp pear-laced salted caramel. Serve with a cup of tea.
Provided by Rosie Birkett
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Heat oven to 195C/175C fan/gas 5 ½. Butter and line the base of three 20cm round cake tins. Add the grated ginger to the grated pear and push down with a wooden spoon to squeeze out as much juice as possible.
- Mix the flours, spices, baking powder and 1 tsp salt in a bowl. In a stand mixer, vigorously whisk the eggs and sugars for 3 mins until thick and frothy. Slowly pour in the oil in a steady stream. Turn the speed down, then add the flour mixture, 2 tbsp at a time, alternating with the yogurt, until incorporated. Mix in the grated pear (for no longer than 20 secs). Divide the mixture between the tins and bake for 25-30 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out dry.
- For the caramel, heat the pear juice and perry in a pan until reduced to about 50ml. Add the sugar and butter and whisk to a smooth caramel, then add the cream and whisk again until smooth. Add sea salt to your taste - I'd go for a generous pinch, so that the caramel is still fruity and sharp but has a little saltiness to it - then allow to cool slightly to just warmer than room temperature.
- To make the buttercream, put the egg whites and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water, then whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is no longer gritty. Put the bowl in the mixer, then whisk until soft peaks form and the bowl returns to room temperature. Switch to the paddle attachment, then add the butter, one spoonful at a time. Add the tahini, vanilla and a pinch of salt, and beat to a light, fluffy icing.
- Place the bottom layer of sponge on a platter or cake stand, then top with a layer of the buttercream and scatter over a third of the chopped pear. Repeat with the next two layers. To ice the cake, do an intial layer all over, chill in the fridge for 20 mins, then use the remaining icing to cover everything. Use a stepped spatula to spread it out evenly. Pour the caramel over the top of the cake, and allow it to drip down the sides. Scatter with toasted buckwheat, dehydrated pear and rosemary, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 743 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 89 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 66 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
CARAMEL PEAR CAKE
- Arrange pear slices in rows in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt the caramels with a 1/2 cup water; stir in butter until smooth. Pour over pears. , In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and remaining water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour over the caramel layer., Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 273mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CARAMEL-GLAZED PEAR CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening; lightly flour. In medium bowl, gently toss pears and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, beat eggs, 2 cups of the granulated sugar, the oil and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Fold in pears and pecans. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the whipping cream to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute without stirring. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool until slightly thickened. Drizzle glaze over warm cake. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 650, Carbohydrate 73 g, Fat 5 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 360 mg
PEAR-TOPPED CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
Sweet pears and rich caramel never tasted better than they do in this pleasing fall cheesecake. The arrangement of sliced pears on top of the dessert is sure to make a stunning impression. -Fay Brown, Wichita Falls, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, dulce de leche and cornstarch. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Arrange pears over top; sprinkle with ginger., Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes or until center is just set and top of cheesecake appears dull. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 591 calories, Fat 37g fat (22g saturated fat), Cholesterol 176mg cholesterol, Sodium 467mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
EASY SALTED CARAMEL PEAR GALETTE
This delicious dessert might have a fancy name, but it calls for just 6 ingredients, and it's impressive to boot!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking parchment paper; spray with cooking spray. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll and place in pan.
- In large bowl, mix pears, 1/3 cup caramel sauce, and the flour until well coated. Spread mixture in center of crust, leaving 2-inch border. Fold edge of crust up over filling, pleating crust as necessary. Brush edge of crust with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and pears are just tender. (If pears begin to brown too quickly, cover pears loosely with foil.) Cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into wedges. Serve with ice cream; drizzle with additional caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 290 mg, Sugar 30 g, TransFat 0 g
PEAR CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and beaten eggs; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and allspice; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to the sugar mixture alternately with the chopped pear, beating at medium speed until blended. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spoon Caramel Glaze over cake.
- Caramel Glaze:.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Remove from heat. Add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 6785.7, Fat 363.5, SaturatedFat 70.2, Cholesterol 760.8, Sodium 2731.8, Carbohydrate 853, Fiber 46, Sugar 577, Protein 68.2
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR PIE BARS
Dense, buttery shortbread crust and a delicately spiced filling make these pear pie bars absolutely irresistible. And once you see how easy they are to make and to serve, chances are, you'll pick them over traditional pie every time. You'll find yourself with more salted caramel sauce than you need for the bars, but you can spoon the rest over top of anything from ice cream to waffles. Just store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge (and heat the leftovers before using). Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, as desired.
Provided by Darcy Lenz
Categories Bar Cookies
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with baking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper so that there is a 2 inch overhang on the two long sides of the pan. (This makes it easier to lift the pie bars out of the pan after baking.)
- Beat the butter, brown and white sugars, and vanilla extract for crust in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the flour and salt; mix at low speed until combined. Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
- With lightly moistened hands, press about 2/3 of the crust mixture evenly along the bottom of prepared pan; refrigerate pan for 5 to 7 minutes. Place the remaining 1/3 of the crust mixture in the fridge until needed.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool. Leave the oven on.
- To prepare the filling, toss the pear slices and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and salt; toss well to coat. Spread the pears evenly over the crust.
- Tear the reserved crust mixture into small pieces. Using your hands, combine the walnuts with the dough and scatter the mixture evenly over the pears.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, rotating pan halfway through, until the pears are fork-tender and the topping is golden brown. Cool completely in the pan, 1 to 2 hours.
- To prepare the caramel sauce, combine the sugar and water in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; cook, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to medium-high; bring to a boil-without stirring, but instead, regularly swirling the pan and occasionally brushing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush. Cook, swirling and brushing regularly, until the syrup turns a deep amber color, 12 to 17 minutes.
- Gently pour in the heavy cream (the caramel will foam and bubbly up vigorously). Add in the butter pieces and stir gently until smooth. Remove the caramel from heat and stir in the salt.
- When ready to serve, use the parchment overhang to lift the slab from the pan and slice into bars. Drizzle with the caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 681.8 calories, Carbohydrate 86.3 g, Cholesterol 87.4 mg, Fat 36.9 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 20.3 g, Sodium 308.7 mg, Sugar 53.5 g
More about "salted caramel pear cake recipes"
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR CAKE - THE CAKE BLOG
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and lightly flour three 8″ round pans. Line with parchment paper circles.
- Place one layer of cake onto serving plate or cake stand and top with about one cup of cinnamon frosting. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce remaining from pears. If needed, slightly warm caramel so that it drizzles again, but allow to cool slightly before putting onto frosting so frosting doesn’t melt.
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR LAYER CAKE - FOOD DUCHESS
Reviews 2Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Baking
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add sugar and water. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to boil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare three 8” springform cake pans with cooking spray and parchment.
- Add butter to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until butter is doubled in volume, and looks light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR CAKE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 12-14Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory DessertCalories 908 per serving
PEAR CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
RECIPE: HONEY CARAMEL TOPSY TURVY PEAR CAKE - THISNZLIFE
PERFECT SOUTHERN CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE (WITH SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING)
SALTED CARAMEL PEARS - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE WITH POACHED PEARS AND SALTED CARAMEL
SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH PEAR COMPOTE FILLING
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - YULI COOKS
MOIST PEAR CAKE RECIPE - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
10 BEST SALTED CARAMEL CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - RECIPE
PEAR CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL MASCARPONE FROSTING - MOLLY J. WILK
CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL PECAN PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARAMEL PEAR PUDDING CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHOCOLATE PEAR CAKE RECIPE (WITH SALTED CARAMEL)
PECAN CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING - LOVEFOODIES
SUPER EASY CARAMEL PEAR CRUMBLE CAKE – EASY CHEESY VEGETARIAN
EASY SALTED CARAMEL PEAR TRIFLE. LAYERED DESSERT RECIPE
CARAMEL-GLAZED PEAR CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SALTED CARAMEL CAKE - THE BAKING EXPLORER
5 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE SALTED CARAMEL TART - THE HAPPY PEAR
UPSIDE DOWN CARAMEL PEAR CAKE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
CARAMEL CAKE (SALTED CARAMEL CAKE) - LIV FOR CAKE
SALTED CARAMEL DRIP CAKE! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
SALTED CARAMEL CAKE - THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
SALTED CARAMEL PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR TART - KERRYGOLD
SPICED PEAR CAKE WITH HONEY CARAMEL FROSTING - A CLASSIC TWIST
PEAR, SALTED CARAMEL AND BEER CAKE | MY KITCHEN STORIES
SALTED CARAMEL CAKE | OLIVEMAGAZINE
PEAR RECIPE: PEAR STRUESAL BUNDT CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL
POACHED PEAR CAKE WITH CHAI-SPICED BUTTERCREAM RECIPE
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR PIE - THE FANCY PANTS KITCHEN
SALTED CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SPICED PEAR CAKE WITH BROWN BUTTER BUTTERCREAM AND CHAI SALTED …
SALTED CARAMEL AND FRANGIPANE PEAR TART | TASTEMADE
SALTED CARAMEL PEAR TARTS (VIDEO) - VIKALINKA
SAMHAIN CAKE recipe | Salted caramel pear & nut cake3.2K views-09:07
This Salted Caramel & Pear Tart Tastes as Good as It Looks | Tastemade27K views-01:53
Caramel Glazed Pear Cake154 views-03:55
Pear & Salted Caramel Cheesecake Dessert - Holiday Mason Jar Gift | Rada Cutlery Video806 views-06:48
Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart Recipe - The Happy Pear78K views-05:19
Caramel Pear Mug Cake Recipe | Episode 198793 views-03:50
You'll also love