"IF MAMA had time, she'd make these pies on Saturday night. She always made two so we could have one for dessert on Monday, too. One pie server our family very nicely, and there was never any left over."
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 pies (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add corn syrup, milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in cornmeal and flour. Pour into pastry shells. , Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
CORNMEAL PIE CRUST
I haven't tried this, but thought it sounded interesting. You may want to use less salt, per review.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Scotty Callies Mom
Yield 1 pie crust, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine cornmeal, flour and 1 tsp salt in a bowl.
- Cut in shortening.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and 1/4 cup water.
- Add to cornmeal mixture.
- Press into 9 inch pie plate to form crust.
- Use in place of regular pie crust.
This is from a cookbook I received in an exchange a while back. It's a compilation of recipes from the family's of the Aaron Parker Elementary School. Most of the recipes are very simple, that is why I like them. I am posting this so that I do not lose it. I like some of these old fashioned recipes, this sounds like it would be interesting.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Tricia Foley
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix cornmeal and sugar together.
- Add to next 4 ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until boiling and thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour into pie shell.
- Add meringue (instructions to follow).
- Bake for 5 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie filling.
BLUEBERRY PIE WITH CORNMEAL CRUST
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Zac Young
Yield One 9 1/2-inch pie
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the crust: Put the flour, yellow cornmeal, 2 tablespoons sugar and the salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter and shortening and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Combine 1/2 cup ice water and the apple cider vinegar in a liquid measuring cup. Add the ice water mixture to the flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time as needed, and pulse until the mixture just comes together. Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and press the dough together. Divide the dough in half and press into two discs. Refrigerate the dough until firm, at least 2 hours.
- For the filling: Put 4 cups blueberries and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves and the blueberries start to release some of their juices, 3 to 5 minutes. By this time, the mixture will have started to boil. Lower the heat to a strong simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reduces, 10 minutes. Stir in the tapioca starch and cook until the mixture thickens and resembles, blueberry jam, 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, then stir in the remaining 4 cups blueberries, the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, and the blueberry jam, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- To assemble and bake: Roll 1 chilled dough disc into a 13-inch round (about 1/8-inch-thick) on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough onto a rolling pin, then unroll it into a 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate, letting it hang over the edge. Evenly spoon the chilled filling into the pie plate.
- Roll out the remaining dough disc into a 12-inch round and place it over the filling. Press the crust edges together and trim, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Roll up or pinch the overhang to seal. Crimp as desired.
- Make five 2-inch slashes in the top of the crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Position a rack on the lowest shelf of the oven and place a baking sheet on the rack. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on top of the chilled pie, including the crimped edges. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Put the pie on top of the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Lower the temperature to 375 degrees F and rotate the baking sheet. Bake, rotating the pan halfway through for even color, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 1 hour. If the edges begin to brown too quickly, cover them with foil or crust protectors. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the pie to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Slice the cooled pie into 8 to 10 pieces before serving.
CORNMEAL PIE DOUGH
- In large bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt. Using your fingers, mix in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and 3 tablespoons ice water. Add egg-yolk mixture to flour mixture. Using a fork, mix quickly and lightly. Knead dough lightly in bowl until dough holds together; add up to 1 tablespoon ice water if dry. Divide dough into four equal balls. Press each ball into a disk; wrap in plastic. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
Barley flour, cornmeal, and a hint of grapefruit juice make this easy pie crust extra flavorful. Try it with this Blueberry-Nectarine Lattice Pie.
Recipe From epicurious.com
Provided by Genevieve Ko
Yield Makes enough for one 9-inch pie with a lattice top
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine both flours, the cornmeal, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse until well mixed. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture forms coarse crumbs, with a few almond-sized pieces remaining. Sprinkle the grapefruit juice over the mixture and pulse until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened and large clumps just start to form. When you squeeze some of the fine crumbs between your fingers, they should hold together.
- Turn the dough out and divide it into 2 portions, one slightly larger than the other.
- Shape the dough into two 1-inch-thick disks, wrap each tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Make-ahead: The dough can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. It can be frozen in resealable plastic freezer bags for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
60-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient cuisine preparation occasion south-african side-dishes vegetables african oven easy potluck heirloom-historical holiday-event kid-friendly picnic grains dietary gluten-free comfort-food free-of-something pasta-rice-and-grains taste-mood to-go equipment
People also searched
More recipes about "cornmeal pie"
CORNMEAL CRUST: FOR PIES, TARTS, GALETTES & CROSTATAS ...
2019-07-22 · Making a cornmeal crust is very similar to making a regular pie crust with just a few other ingredients. Start by mixing all of the dry ingredients flour, cornmeal, …
- Add olive oil and stir until combined. There will be areas that arent completely combined, don't worry. When you add the water it will meld.
CORNMEAL PIE CRUST - BAKING SENSE®
2020-07-22 · Tips for making great Cornmeal Pie Crust: Use stone-ground cornmeal for a rustic texture and complex flavor. I like to use yellow cornmeal for the color and flavor. As with any flaky pie …
- Combine the all purpose flour and cornmeal with the salt and sugar. Whisk together to mix the ingredients evenly.
- Using your fingers, cut the lard or shortening into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Using your fingers, toss the butter into the flour mixture. Allow the slices of butter to break up into slightly smaller pieces into the flour. Work quickly so the butter doesn't get warm. Don't break the butter down completely. There should be some large flakes remaining.
- Pour the water onto the flour all at once and toss to combine. Gently press the dough just until it comes together. It will look a little dry in spots. The water will redistribute in the dough as it rests.
CORN PIE (HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH)
2009-11-24 · Stir in cornmeal to a smooth paste and set aside. Melt the butter and sauté the onion, pimento peppers and sweet pepper. Add evaporated milk and bring to boil. Add the cornmeal …
- Add 1 egg to the liquid from 1 can of whole kernel corn. If there is little liquid add water to bring it up to about 1 cup liquid.
- Beat well then add salt and black pepper or white pepper. Stir in cornmeal to a smooth paste and set aside. Melt the butter and saute the onion, pimento peppers and sweet pepper.
- Add evaporated milk and bring to boil. Add the cornmeal mixture and stir on low heat to a consistent paste. Stir in the whole kernel corn. Continue stirring until it leaves the sides of the pot. Remove from heat and pour into a greased dish. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
TRINIDADIAN CORN PIE CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Add the cornmeal to the egg mixture. Stir to form a smooth paste and set aside. Put butter in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat until melted. As soon as the butter melts, add the onions, bell peppers, and hot peppers and sauté until the onions …
TAMALE PIE RECIPE WITH CHEESE CORNMEAL TOPPING
This spicy tamale pie is a classic combination of seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, and corn with a cheesy cornmeal topping. The casserole is seasoned with onion, bell …
BETTY'S SOUTHERN CORNMEAL PIE - YOUTUBE
Betty demonstrates how to make Southern Cornmeal Pie. This pie is very much like Chess Pie, but it has more cornmeal. Southern Cornmeal Pie3 eggs1 stick but...
See details ››
10 BEST TAMALE PIE WITH CORNMEAL RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-14 · How to Make Tamale Pie with Cornmeal the frayed apron. cornmeal, salt, large eggs, coriander, green chiles, shredded Mexican cheese and 16 more Tamale Pie A Garden for the House cayenne pepper, flour, medium onion, cornmeal, vegetable …
See details ››
AMAZING CORN PIE RECIPE - COOKING WITH RIA
2020-06-17 · Amazing Corn Pie Recipe. I have been making corn pie for get togethers for as long as I can remember. It all started with the boxed corn bread mix and quickly decided I wanted to learn to make it from scratch. I wanted a corn pie …
- To make buttermilk, add 1 tbs of vinegar to a measuring cup, fill up to the 1 cup mark with whole milk. Allow it to sit for 5 mins. Mix in ½ tsp baking soda.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl (1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup flour, ½ cup brown sugar) and mix to combine. Mix in whole corn, bell pepper, scallions, onion, pimento pepper(and hot pepper, if using).
- Add the wet ingredients (6 tbs melted butter, buttermilk and 1 egg) to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH CORNMEAL CRUST | COOKSTR.COM
2016-02-23 · Instructions. TO MAKE THE CORNMEAL CRUST: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt and process just to mix. Add the butter …
- TO MAKE THE CORNMEAL CRUST: In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt and process just to mix. Add the butter and process in short bursts, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Add the whole egg, egg yolk, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon ice water and process again for a few short bursts, scraping down the sides, until the dough just comes together, but is still a bit crumbly. If the dough seems very dry, sprinkle up to 1 more tablespoon of water over the mixture. Do not over process or the crust will be tough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and work together into a ball the consistency of stiff Play-Doh, press down into a round disk, and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- TO MAKE THE FILLING: In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer, add the carrots and thyme, and simmer for 4 minutes. Strain the stock into a heatproof jug and set aside. Remove and discard the thyme. Set the carrots aside.
- IN A MEDIUM SKILLET, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and sauté the onion and the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until they are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Add salt and pepper to taste, remove from the heat and set aside.
- DRY THE SAUCEPAN you used to cook the carrots. Add the butter and heat it over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour to make a thick paste. Return the pan to the heat and stir the flour roux until it is bubbling but not brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually add the reserved chicken stock all at once, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Add the milk and simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, or until it is thickened, stirring occasionally to keep the sauce at the bottom of the pan from scorching. Remove from the heat and stir in the carrots, mushrooms, pearl onions, parsley, chicken, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
TAMALE PIE WITH CORNMEAL CRUST | FIVE SILVER SPOONS
2017-12-13 · Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet, saute chopped onions and green peppers in olive oil, until softened. Add meat and cook until lightly browned. Move meat around pan with wooden spoon. Add in corn, …
DOUBLE APPLE PIE WITH CORNMEAL CRUST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2008-08-11 · Bake at 425° on lower oven rack 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°; transfer pie to middle oven rack, and bake 35 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent excessive …
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel and core apples; cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Place apples in a large bowl. Stir in next 7 ingredients. Let stand 30 minutes, gently stirring occasionally.
- Place 1 Cornmeal Crust Dough disk on a lightly floured piece of wax paper; sprinkle dough lightly with flour. Top with another sheet of wax paper. Roll dough to about 1/8-inch thickness (about 11 inches wide).
- Remove and discard top sheet of wax paper. Starting at 1 edge of dough, wrap dough around rolling pin, separating dough from bottom sheet of wax paper as you roll. Discard bottom sheet of wax paper. Place rolling pin over a 9-inch glass pie plate, and unroll dough over pie plate. Gently press dough into pie plate.
- Stir apple mixture; reserve 1 Tbsp. juices. Spoon apples into crust, packing tightly and mounding in center. Pour remaining juices in bowl over apples. Sprinkle apples with 3 Tbsp. sugar; dot with butter.
CHERRY-PLUM PIE WITH CORNMEAL CRUST RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2016-06-15 · Place pie on a baking sheet. Brush dough with heavy cream, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F, and bake until crust is …
- Prepare the Crust: Place first 4 ingredients in the large bowl of a food processor; pulse 5 times to combine. Add the butter and shortening. Pulse 12 to 15 times until mixture resembles small peas. Evenly sprinkle 8 tablespoons ice water over the flour and butter mixture. Pulse 5 times to combine. Pinch dough; if it does not stick together, add up to 2 additional tablespoons, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse 3 to 5 more times after each addition to combine. Turn dough onto a smooth surface, and knead 4 to 5 times to bring together. Divide in half, and form into 2 rounds, about 1/2 inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove dough from the refrigerator; let rest 15 minutes. Place 1 round on a lightly floured piece of wax paper; sprinkle dough with flour. Top with another sheet of wax paper. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness and 13 inches wide. Place on a baking sheet, and return to refrigerator.
- Repeat the rolling process with the second round of dough. Remove and discard top sheet of wax paper. Starting at 1 edge, wrap dough around rolling pin, separating dough from bottom sheet of wax paper as you roll. Discard bottom sheet of wax paper. Unroll dough onto a 9-inch pie pan; gently press dough into pie pan. Chill until ready to use.
- Prepare the Filling: Combine the cherries, plums, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine the dry ingredients with the fruit, and transfer to the prepared pie pan.
CORNMEAL PIE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
2015-11-06 · 1 pie shell (unbaked) Mix both sugars, cornmeal, flour, eggs butter and milk together. Mix well; add remaining ingredients and pour into pie shell. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 50 minutes.
30 INCREDIBLE CORNMEAL RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
2019-03-25 · 30 Incredible Cornmeal Recipes. Laurie Dixon Updated: Mar. 25, 2019. From classic cornbread to po'boy tacos and fried chicken, you won't be able to get enough of these cornmeal recipes. 1 / 30 ⓘ Cornmeal Pancakes. I like to joke that these pancakes are so light, you have to hold them down! When we have a chance, we make them with freshly ground cornmeal bought at local festivals. …
VEG POT PIE WITH CORNMEAL CRUST - RECIPES - TEXASREALFOOD
2021-07-19 · Recipes Veg Pot Pie with Cornmeal Crust European Print This. Serves: 6 Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 25 mins 25 mins. Nutrition facts: 200 calories 20 grams fat. Rating: 5.0 /5 ( 1 voted ) Ingredients. 3 tbsp. olive oil + 1 tbsp (for greasing the ramekins) 2, 15-ounce cans coconut milk. 3 cloves of garlic, minced. 1 tbsp dried rosemary. 2 tbsp. instant yeast. 1 ½ tsp salt, or to taste. 1 ...
CORN PIE RECIPE - YOUTUBE
FULL RECIPE: https://goo.gl/quX1ZW
See details ››
CORNMEAL PIE RECIPES | RECIPELAND
4,269 CORNMEAL PIE RECIPES Impossible Blueberry Pie (1258) about 18 hours ago. 7.69 k Similar to a cobbler - can use any fruit. It's easy to make using Bisquick and some basic pantry ingredients that we always have on hand. Quick Italian Bread ...
See details ››
CORNMEAL PIE RECIPE
Cornmeal pie recipe. Learn how to cook great Cornmeal pie . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Cornmeal pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Cornmeal pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 80% Pot Roast with Porcini Mushrooms Crecipe.com This pot roast with porcini mushrooms recipe talks ...
See details ››
CORNMEAL | ALLRECIPES
Blueberry muffins with the hearty flavor of cornmeal. Moist, rich, and heavenly! I'm happy to share my recipe with you. Fresh or frozen berries can be used, and if you like lots of berries, you can add as much as 1 cup additional berries to this recipe.
See details ››
CORNMEAL PIE RECIPES RECIPEZAAR RECIPE FOR CHICKEN
Fold in cornmeal and flour. Pour into pastry shells. , Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if …
See details ››