CREAMY MUSHROOM MEATLOAF
This technique keeps the meatloaf moist, while fortifying the sauce with its flavorful drippings. Regardless, this technique will work with just about any meatloaf recipe out there.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt butter in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and a pinch of salt; cook and stir until mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh rosemary. Add flour and stir to coat the mushrooms; cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in beef broth, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Turn heat to high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer a few minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Slide prepared meatloaf into the sauce. Spoon sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Remove pan from the oven and gently remove meatloaf to a serving platter.
- Skim off any extra fat from the surface of the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat to reduce until thick, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.9 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Cholesterol 138.6 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 27.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 501.1 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat, minced mushrooms, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, eggs, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of a loaf pan. Arrange 6 whole mushrooms stem down into meat. Top with rest of meat, patting to combine both halves.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until done. Internal temperature should measure 160 degrees F (70 degrees C) when done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 765.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.2 g, Cholesterol 263.3 mg, Fat 50.8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 48.5 g, SaturatedFat 19.9 g, Sodium 1549.9 mg, Sugar 10.1 g
Serve this mushroom meatloaf with marsala wine sauce or brown gravy and pair it with a side of mashed potatoes and sauteed greens.
Provided by The Cooking Jar
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pulse the onions, garlic and mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, mushroom mixture, eggs and seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Shape it into a loaf with your hands and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F in the center of the meatloaf.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Dish and serve hot with gravy of your choice.
HERBED MEAT LOAF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat the butter in a small skillet and add the onion and garlic. Cook until wilted, and cool briefly.
- Place the meat in a mixing bowl and add the bread crumbs, nutmeg, Tabasco, cumin, salt and pepper. Add the onion mixture, herbs of your choice and yogurt, then blend well. Pack the mixture into a loaf pan about 9 by 5 by 3 inches. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the pan in a baking dish and pour 1 1/2 inches of boiling water around the pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let rest in a warm place for about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with the mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 674, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 50 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 741 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 2 grams
ITALIAN MUSHROOM MEAT LOAF
Healthful oats and flaxseed amp up the nutrition in this tasty meat loaf. -Kylie Werning, Candler, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the egg, mushrooms, oats, onion, flax and pepper. Crumble turkey and beef over mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly., Shape into a 10x4-in. loaf. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes; drain. Top with marinara sauce. Bake until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°, 10-15 minutes longer . If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 509mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MEATLOAF WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all ingredients thoroughly except for soup.
- Press into a loaf pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes; drain grease.
- Put the can of cream of mushroom on top.
- Bake for another 30-45 minutes.
- Goes good with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489.2, Fat 31.4, SaturatedFat 11.4, Cholesterol 168.5, Sodium 998, Carbohydrate 15.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 9.3, Protein 35.1
QUICK MUSHROOM SAUCE FOR MEATLOAF
From Betty Crocker, this is a simple sauce that can be made from things that you probably always have on hand. It's good on meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Provided by lazyme
Yield 1 1/3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In medium skillet, heat mushrooms in oil.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook over low heat stirring until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add enough water to reserved mushroom liquid to measure 1 cup.
- Stir into mushroom mixture with bouillon cube.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in kitchen bouquet.
More about "saucy mushroom meatloaf recipe 45"
MUSHROOM MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
Estimated Reading Time 1 minVideo Duration 3 min
10 BEST MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
THE BEST EASY BAKED ITALIAN MEATLOAF RECIPE EVER
BEST-EVER MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - HOW TO …
MEAT LOAF WITH SOUR CREAM-MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
CREAM OF MUSHROOM MEATLOAF RECIPE! SIMPLE ... - FUN …
MUSHROOM MEAT LOAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MEATLOAF WITH BALSAMIC MUSHROOM SAUCE - GIRL GONE …
CREAM OF MUSHROOM MEATLOAF - REAL FOOD TASTES GOOD
MUSHROOM MEATLOAF - MACHEESMO
MUSHROOM-Y MEATLOAF — INGREDIOLOGY
MEATLOAF WITH SAUTEED MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MUSHROOM MEAT LOAF | CANADIAN LIVING
MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOMS - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
GRANDMA'S MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE BY SHANNON DARNALL
CLASSIC MEATLOAF AND MUSHROOM SAUCE | ALL THAT COOKING
MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES
WHITE MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE | RICARDO
MEATLOAF WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HEALTHY MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - TWO KOOKS IN …
RECIPE FOR MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOMS
PIERRE FRANEY - RECIPES - MEAT LOAF WITH MUSHROOMS
MUSHROOM SAUCE FOR MEATLOAF - RAWAFRY.COM
PALEO + WHOLE30 MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - TASTES LOVELY
CLASSIC MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOMS - LISA G COOKS
CHEESEBURGER MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - BEEF MEATLOAF …
TUSCAN MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SMOTHERED MUSHROOM MEAT LOAF - CANADIAN LIVING
MEATLOAF WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
MEAT LOAF WITH SAUTEED MUSHROOMS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
MEATLOAF WITH KETCHUP SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MEATLOAF MARSALA - SIMPLY HAPPENINGS
You'll also love