SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA (PAULA DEEN)
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook stirring frequently until sausage is browned.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic. Cook 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, Creole seasoning, red pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Add pasta. Toss gently to coat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until heat throughout.
- Garnish with parsley of desired.
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sausages and cook until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute more. Add the peppers, garlic, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the peppers are wilted, about 5 minutes. Return the sausages to the pan, cover, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sausages are cooked through, about 12 minutes more. Stir in the vinegar. Divide the sausage and peppers evenly amongst the crusty rolls and serve.
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA BAKE
Sausage and peppers is a dish that takes me down memory lane: my mom and I make it every year in a big batch for family reunions. One year when we had leftovers, I realized that adding the slow-cooked sweet peppers and onions to tomato sauce gave it so much great flavor and a natural sweetness - no sugar needed. That, combined with my constant need to get ahead on meal prep, led me to develop this recipe. By assembling the dish the day before, you can avoid having to boil the pasta and instead let it sit in the sauce overnight to soften and absorb all that flavor. In the end, you'll have a delicious pasta bake ready to pop into the oven when you're ready for dinner. Plus, you can make a big batch of the tomato sauce to freeze along with any leftovers, making it truly the dish that keeps on giving.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat a 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat until hot, about 1 minute. Break up the sausage into small pieces, add to the Dutch oven and cook, without stirring, until the sausage is caramelized on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Begin to break up the sausage into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon and continue to cook, stirring often, until caramelized all over, cooked through and broken into 1/2-inch pieces, another 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- If the Dutch oven is dry, add 1 tablespoon oil if needed and immediately stir in the peppers and onions. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are very soft, about 10 minutes; the vegetables should not take on much color besides what comes from scraping the bottom of the pot to coat them in the sausage flavor.
- Stir in the garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and cook until the garlic just begins to toast and become fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste coats the vegetables, toasts slightly and becomes a darker shade of red, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato puree, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, basil and 4 cups water. Stir the sauce together and season with additional salt to taste; make sure the sauce is well seasoned since it will season the pasta as well.
- Stir in the rigatoni and bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. As soon as you see the first few bubbles, simmer for 1 more minute, then remove from the heat. Stir in the reserved sausage. Carefully ladle the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Discard the basil. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate overnight, at least 8 hours. The pasta will soften as it sits in the sauce.
- When ready to bake, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and uncover. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dollop the ricotta in 2- to 3-tablespoon mounds over the top of the dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake until bubbling around the edges and the ricotta begins to brown on top, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then garnish with basil leaves and more Parmesan.
SAUSAGE CHEESE DIP (PAULA DEEN) RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by á-178825
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 1 1/2 qt baking with nonstick spray. In lg skillet cook sausage & onion over med heat, stirring often until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese & remaining 5 ingredients stirring until cheese melts. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 min until hot & bubbly. Serve with pretzel rods & bagel chips.
PAULA DEEN'S BAKED SPAGHETTI
- In a large saucepan, cook ground chuck, bell pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- In a Dutch oven, combine drained meat mixture, crushed tomatoes and next 9 ingredients (through bay leaves). Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon one third of the sauce mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the pasta, then one third of the cheese. Repeat layers, ending with sauce and reserving remaining one third of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheese, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 591.5, Fat 31.4, SaturatedFat 15.7, Cholesterol 110.9, Sodium 15407.9, Carbohydrate 43.3, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 6.8, Protein 36.2
PAULA DEEN'S SAUSAGE PIE
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, crumble the sausage with a fork.
- Sauté the sausage until completely cooked.
- Drain off the fat, remove the sausage, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in another skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions in the butter until tender.
- Add the milk and heat until steam rises, but do not boil the milk.
- Cut the cream cheese into small pieces, add it to the onion mixture, and remove the pan from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add the cheddar, the onion mixture, the Worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and pour this into the pie crust.
- Top with cooked sausage, and bake for 30 minutes, or until set.
SAUSAGE WITH PEPPERS AND PASTA
Bring flavors of a sausage and pepper sandwich to your table with this weeknight sausage pasta recipe. Watch now for this Sausage with Peppers and Pasta.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1-1/2 cups each
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet on medium heat 10 min., stirring frequently. Stir in peppers; cook and stir 7 min. or until sausage is done and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture along with the shredded cheese blend; mix lightly.
- Top with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 770 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 6 g, Protein 21 g
PAULA DEEN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
I doctored this up a bit--used the whole piece of bread and didn't remove the crusts, added fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, and spinach. Recipe posted as written.
Provided by AmyZoe
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes, drain well on paper towels.
- Cut and discard the crusts from the bread. Cut the slices in half and arrange in a single layer in a prepared baking dish, cutting pieces to fit as necessary to cover the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with the sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, seasoned salt, and pepper. Carefully pour the mixture over the cheese.
- Bake casserole until set and golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
BAKED SPAGHETTI BY PAULA DEEN
This recipe is one of the better Baked Spaghetti's I've tried. I think you could easily shortcut with prepared sauce and such, but you must use angel hair pasta and Jack cheese. It makes this! **edited to add: I have tried to increase pasta per reviews, but this does not work! You come out with a dry pasta! Please make just as written and rate on the recipe as written!
Provided by Barenakedchef
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat and let simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Crumble the ground beef in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until fully cooked, with no pink color remaining.
- Drain the fat from the meat, and then add the ground beef to the stockpot.
- Simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with sauce.
- Add a layer of pasta and then a little less than 1/2 of each cheese; repeat the layers, ending with the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Top the casserole with the remaining cheese, return it to the oven, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 more minutes.
- Cut into squares before serving.
- House Seasoning: Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PENNE
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir sausage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spoon onto plates and top with sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 637.7 calories, Carbohydrate 85.3 g, Cholesterol 49.2 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1662.5 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
ONE-POT SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: farfalle pasta, olive oil, hot italian sausages, sweet italian sausages, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, white onion, garlic, diced tomato, oregano, salt, black ground pepper
Provided by Andrew Ilnyckyj
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt, and cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Strain pasta and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking
- In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sausages, working in batches as needed, until deeply browned on all sides.
- Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch (2 cm) rings, and set aside.
- Sauté all of the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, all of the spices, and the sausage slices to the pot.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 901 calories, Carbohydrate 110 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 17 grams
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE 'N' PEPPERS
"I found this recipe years ago in an old Italian cookbook and made some changes to it," explains Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. "It's been one of our favorites since then. This fits the category of 'quick, easy and delicious.'"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peppers; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute., Combine flour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper. , Drain pasta. Top with sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560 calories, Fat 25g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 82mg cholesterol, Sodium 1037mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
More about "sausage and peppers pasta paula deen recipes"
CAPRESE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
Author Janece MazeEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
HEARTY TOMATO AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA - PAULA DEEN …
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
DUDES PASTA RECIPE BY PAULA DEEN
Servings 6Total Time 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA | PAULA DEEN
Servings 10Total Time 10 mins
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
PAULA DEEN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
STUFFED BREAKFAST BISCUIT SANDWICHES - PAULA DEEN
PAULA DEEN - LOVE & BEST DISHES: FRIED PEPPER PATTIES IN 2022
SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA RECIPE
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE & PEPPERS - A FOOD LOVER'S KITCHEN
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA - KROLL'S KORNER
ONE POT CHEESY SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA - BELLE OF THE KITCHEN
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA - SKINNY SPATULA
PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
EASY SAUSAGE & PEPPER PASTA SKILLET - THE BETTERED BLONDIE
10 BEST PAULA DEEN SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
ITALIAN SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS - PAULA DEEN
10 BEST PAULA DEEN PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
PENNE PASTA WITH SAUSAGE | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA - GIRL GONE GOURMET
SAUSAGE BALLS | PAULA DEEN
SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS PASTA - MORE THAN MEAT AND POTATOES
ONE-PAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PASTA BAKE - LISA G COOKS
PAULA DEEN CUTS THE FAT, 250 FAVORITE RECIPES ALL LIGHTENED UP ...
PIZZA CASSEROLE - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
SAUSAGE & PEPPER PASTA - BUDGET BYTES
10 BEST PAULA DEEN BREAKFAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PASTA - TLN
10 BEST PAULA DEEN STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAULA DEEN STUFFED PASTA SHELLS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED SPAGHETTI - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
SAUSAGE AND PEPPER PASTA - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SAUSAGE PEPPER PASTA - JO COOKS
10 BEST PAULA DEEN SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE - PASTA.COM
You'll also love