SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES
Kielbasa and sauerkraut star in a tasty filling for these scrumptious stuffed rolls, which make a great dinner with soup or salad. My family also loves leftover bundles right out of the refrigerator for a quick lunch. -Barb Ruis, Grandville, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the sauerkraut, sausage, brown sugar, garlic salt, caraway and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; add bacon. Set aside to cool. , In a large bowl, combine contents of the roll mix and its yeast packet. Stir in one egg, water and butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover dough with a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. , Divide dough into 16 pieces. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 4-in. circle. Top each with 1/4 cup filling. Fold dough around filling, forming a ball; pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Cover loosely with plastic wrap that has been coated with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes. , Beat remaining egg; brush over bundles. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 350° for 16-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled bundles in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat bundles on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 325° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 671mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
SAUSAGE SURPRISE BUNDLES
These are a really nice variation on a lunch sandwich. Our boys gobble these up! (they are ages 5 & 4) We enjoy these with a bowl of soup or served with salad. ENJOY!
Provided by WJKing
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 16 sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Reserve bacon fat& saute onion until tender in the fat.
- Stir in sauerkraut, sausage, brown sugar, garlic salt, caraway and pepper.
- Cook& stir 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add bacon.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine hot roll mix& one egg, water and butter& mix to form soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth& elastic- about 5 minutes.
- Cover dough& let stand 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll each piece into a 4" circle.
- Top each circle w/ approx.
- 1/4 c.
- Fold dough around filling, forming a ball; pinch the edges to seal.
- Place seam side down on greased cookie sheets.
- Cover w/ towels& set in warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over bundles.
- Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
- [email protected] 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.7, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 40.2, Sodium 729.8, Carbohydrate 23.9, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 6.2, Protein 5.9
More about "sausage surprise bundles recipes"
3-INGREDIENT SAUSAGE-CREAM CHEESE CRESCENT BUNDLES
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES | DEKAM FAMILY FAVOURITES 2.0
PILLSBURY SAUSAGE AND CREAM CHEESE BUNDLES RECIPE
TOP SAUSAGE RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL …
SAUSAGE SURPRISE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
SAUSAGE SURPRISE BUNDLES - RECIPES - TASTY QUERY
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES RECIPES
SAUSAGE SURPRISE! | RECIPE CART
SAUSAGE SURPRISE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
40 EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH SAUSAGE | MYRECIPES
SAUSAGE SURPRISE - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY SAUSAGE DINNER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SAUSAGE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES | RECIPE CART
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES | AMYCADO | COPY ME THAT
RECIPE: SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES - RECIPELINK.COM
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES - MSN
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES - PINTEREST
SPICY SAUSAGE PHYLLO BUNDLES - BIGOVEN.COM
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES | RECIPE | LEFTOVERS RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
SAUSAGE SURPRISE — DIGITAL SPY
EGG SAUSAGE SURPRISE RECIPE - KITCHENOMICS
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES | RECIPE | RECIPES, SAUERKRAUT, SAUSAGE
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES | DIONE DITTMAR | COPY ME THAT
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
29 BEST SAUSAGE RECIPES EVER — EAT THIS NOT THAT
SAUSAGE BUNDLES - CINDY'S TABLE
SPICY SAUSAGE PHYLLO BUNDLES RECIPE BY ADMIN | IFOOD.TV
SAUSAGE SURPRISE RECIPE BY SOUTHERN.CROCKPOT | IFOOD.TV
SURPRISE SAUSAGE BUNDLES RECIPE -KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT STAR IN A ...
SAUSAGE SURPRISE BUNDLES RECIPES
SAUSAGE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SAUSAGE SURPRISE! - RECIPES, FOOD & KITCHEN TIPS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation #oven #dietary #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Sausage Surprise?For my fellow devotees, the words Sausage SURPRISE will make you smile and think of dear Jean Slater. Like Betty Turpin before her, Jean’s signature dish is a type of sausage casserole that is wheeled out with wild abandon for family celebrations, mid-week supers and when she is required to serve up comfort for the Slater clan.
What is the best way to cook sausages?Sausage SURPRISE! 3 Peppers (red, orange or yellow – your choice!) In a large saucepan, heat up the olive oil and toss in the bacon lardons and cubed chorizo. Fry for approximately 10 minutes over a medium heat until the fat has rendered down and everything has begun to brown.
How do you make German sausage rolls at home?Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the sauerkraut, sausage, brown sugar, garlic salt, caraway and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; add bacon. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, combine contents of the roll mix and its yeast packet. Stir in one egg, water and butter to form a soft dough.
How to make sausage sausages in pizza dough?If using crescent roll dough, firmly press perforations to seal. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares. Place about 1 rounded teaspoon sausage on center of each dough square. Top with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese. Bring 4 corners together to overlap slightly in center at top of each bundle.