SAUTEED ARUGULA (ROCKET)
Arrugula, Garden Rocket, Gargeer, Rocket, Rocket Salad, Roka, Roquette, Rucola, Rugula, Salad Rocket and Tira what ever you want to call it is a bitter, aromatic green with a peppery mustard flavor. Topping with cheese will cut the bitterness.
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula. Cook till wilted about 2-3 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70.9, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 161.4, Carbohydrate 7.3, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 3.4, Protein 3.7
This spicy green is one of my favorites to toss on a salad, and I was craving something warm, so I decided to try sauteeing it in a healthy way--no oil! In just a couple minutes, I had a great warm topping to cover my lettuce and serve with other toppings. **Note: I am updating the recipe, as I think it deserves higher than the two stars it has gotten :( I have problems with onions (or my stomach thinks it does!), so I don't use them, but for those of you out there who want onions in the arugula, go for it! Here's a revised version of how to make the arugula, a bit more calorie-rich, but I'm sure many will find the taste improved. (Just for the record, I still like the greens without the onion and oil added, but I'm used to a blander diet.) Additional note: the original recipe, without the oil, onions and garlic, was 11 calories; I wouldn't worry about the onions and garlic, but you could definitely leave out the oil if you didn't want to add those extra calories.
Provided by FoodExplorer
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In frying pan, heat chicken broth and spices to boiling.
- After bringing to a boil, add the arugula, tossing gently to cover all with the broth.
- Let sit for a minute or two, stirring occasionally, until all leaves are wilted. (Additional broth may be needed to keep moist.).
- I found this to be a great salad topping, or fantastic on top of lumpy mashed potatoes.
- **For those who want a more flavor-rich side, try the following:.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil to the pan first; heat oil and cook 1/4 cup chopped (or sliced) onion and 1 teaspoons minced garlic until onions are tender. Then proceed with the broth, arugula and spices.
- I hope this is satisfying! :).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add arugula; cook, stirring constantly, until slightly wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add vinegar; cook, stirring constantly, until most of the vinegar has evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in salt; season with pepper. Serve immediately.
SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH ARUGULA AND TOMATOES
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until they blister, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring often, until almost opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Add arugula, season with salt and pepper, and toss until wilted, 1 minute. Add lemon juice and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144 g, Fat 6 g, Protein 19 g
SAUTEED ARUGULA WITH PANCETTA AND GARLIC
- Saute the garlic and pancetta in a large skillet over medium-high heat until they begin to crisp and turn golden. If the pancetta is lean and renders little fat, add the olive oil. Add the arugula and cook, turning occasionally, until the leaves wilt, 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
SAUTEED FENNEL, CAPERS AND ARUGULA
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fennel, leek, bell pepper, capers and olives. Sauté until fennel is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add arugula and sauté 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
More about "sauteed arugula recipes"
SAUTéED ARUGULA WITH RED BELL PEPPERS - COOKING CHAT
Reviews 8Calories 155 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the red bell peppers, sauté for 7 to 10 minutes, until they begin to soften and turn brown.
- Gradually stir in the arugula, and cook until the arugula begins to wilt, about 3 minutes. Add salt to taste and pinch of red pepper flakes if using. Stir in the balsamic vinegar if using.
SAUTéED ARUGULA – NICK STELLINO
10 BEST BABY ARUGULA WITH SPINACH RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST COOKED BABY ARUGULA RECIPES | YUMMLY
ARUGULA SALAD - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
COOKED ARUGULA RECIPES AND TIPS | EPICURIOUS
31 ARUGULA RECIPES SO YOU CAN EAT IT ALL THE TIME - BON …
12 GREAT ARUGULA RECIPES (HEALTHY & DELICIOUS!) – A …
16 BEST ARUGULA SALAD RECIPES - EASY SALADS WITH ARUGULA
SAUTéED ARUGULA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Arugula RecipesCalories 141 per servingTotal Time 15 mins
HOW TO COOK WITH ARUGULA + ARUGULA RECIPES— THE MOM 100
SAUTéED KALE WITH ARUGULA • CHEF ELIANA
11 FRESH ARUGULA RECIPES TO MAKE NOW - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY SAUTéED ARUGULA - COOKING CHAT
ARUGULA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SAUTEED ARUGULA WITH GARLIC - YOUTUBE
MUSHROOM ARUGULA WARM SALAD - CRAVING HOME COOKED
29 ARUGULA SALAD RECIPES FOR EVERY SEASON | TASTE OF HOME
WILTED ARUGULA WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR - INSPIRATION KITCHEN
RECIPE: SAUTEED ARUGULA WITH RAISINS AND HOT PEPPER - POLLY CASTOR
SAUTEED ARUGULA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WHAT IS ARUGULA AND HOW DO YOU USE IT? | ALLRECIPES
27 AWESOME ARUGULA RECIPES - COOKING CHEW
35+ BEST ARUGULA RECIPES | EATINGWELL
13 BEST COOKED ARUGULA RECIPES WHEN YOU WANT MORE THAN SALAD!
SAUTEED ARUGULA (ROCKET) RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | SALMON …
BAKED POTATO WITH SAUTéED ARUGULA RECIPE BY BRITTANY EVERETT
ARUGULA AND MUSHROOM SAUTé - TAPROOT FARM
10 BEST SAUTEED ARUGULA RECIPES | YUMMLY
GARLICKY SAUTEED BUTTERNUT SQUASH & ARUGULA - THE RADIANT ROOT
4 WAYS TO COOK ARUGULA - WIKIHOW
SAUTEED ARUGULA (ROCKET) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
25 BEST ARUGULA RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SAUTEED SPINACH AND ARUGULA RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
26 EASY AND BEST ARUGULA RECIPES - ALPHA RAGAS
SAUTéED MIXED GREENS WITH GARLIC RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
30 ARUGULA RECIPES THAT AREN'T JUST SALADS | COOKING LIGHT
SAUTEED ARUGULA GARLIC : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
LINGUINE WITH ARUGULA, GARLIC AND PARMESAN - GIMME SOME OVEN
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #vegetables #easy #dietary #spicy #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #greens #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook arugula and garlic?Pour the oil in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat until it starts to sizzle. Add the garlic and cook for one minute stirring well. Add the arugula and continue to cook stirring well for two more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat, mix well and serve.
What can you cook with arugula?Here are 31 recipes to cook with arugula, everyone's favorite peppery green. Arugula, or rocket, is spicy, peppery, and just the green you need to turn up the volume on your salads, sandwiches, pasta, and even sauces. Here are our favorite recipes to cook with it.
How do you boil arugula leaves?In frying pan, heat chicken broth and spices to boiling. After bringing to a boil, add the arugula, tossing gently to cover all with the broth. Let sit for a minute or two, stirring occasionally, until all leaves are wilted.
How do you cook arugula in broth?In frying pan, heat chicken broth and spices to boiling. After bringing to a boil, add the arugula, tossing gently to cover all with the broth. Let sit for a minute or two, stirring occasionally, until all leaves are wilted. (Additional broth may be needed to keep moist.).