SEA SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH CHAMPAGNE BUTTER SAUCE
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet (or two skillets, if necessary). Add the mushrooms and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and cook briefly. Do not brown. Stir and add the champagne. Keep stirring until the champagne is almost evaporated. Add the cream and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce to two-thirds over high heat.
- Add the scallops and shrimp. Add salt and pepper. Add the Tabasco and bring to a boil over high heat for 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 356, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 27 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 927 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SCALLOPS WITH LEEKS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Add shallots, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add leeks and champagne; season with salt and pepper. Cook until leeks are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to skillet in a single layer, and cook until just golden brown on both sides. Remove scallops; set aside. Divide leek mixture between 4 plates. Top with scallops, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE WITH PORT GLAZE
- FOR GLAZE: Bring 2 cups port to boil in heavy small saucepan over medium high heat. Add 6 T butter and 2 T sugar and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. boil until misture is syrupy and reduced to about 2/3 cup, about 14 minutes. Remove glaze from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. FOR SCALLOPS: Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over high ehat. Add shallots; saute 1 minute. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; saute until just cooked through, about 2minutes per side. Using slotte spoon, transfer scallops to platter. Add cream, champagne and thyme to skillet. boil until mixture is reduced to sauce consistency, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Return scallops to skillet. Stir until heated through, about 1 minute divide sauce and scallops equally among 8 plates. Drizzle port glaze over.
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE
- 1.Heat oil in large non-stick pan over med-high heat. Pat scallops dry.Cook scallops 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. 2.Add mushrooms and shallots; saute 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Stir in Champagne, mustard, salt and tarragon, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with scallops.
More about "scallops in champagne sauce recipes"
STEAK AND SCALLOPS WITH CHAMPAGNE-BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE ...
5/5 (7)Servings 2
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Sprinkle scallops on both sides with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pink peppercorns.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large cast iron or heavy-bottom nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks, and cook 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet; add scallops, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add Champagne, lemon juice, and shallots to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking constantly until butter is thoroughly incorporated. Season sauce to taste with salt and black pepper. Top steak and scallops with sauce.
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS IN CREAMY CHAMPAGNE SAUCE - THE …
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanCalories 1129 per serving
- In a large, high sided skillet, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH SHERRY BUTTER SAUCE
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE | SUR LA TABLE
HEART-SHAPED PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN A CHAMPAGNE ...
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY GARLIC WINE SAUCE | THE ...
4/5 (26)Total Time 12 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 395 per serving
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat add the butter and garlic. Saute for about 1-2 minutes or just right before the garlic begins to brown.
- Rinse the scallops, pat with a paper towel until dry and season both sides with a little sea salt and pepper.
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory VegetableCalories 265 per serving
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken.
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (8)Calories 238 per servingServings 4
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Stir in Champagne, mustard, salt, and tarragon, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with scallops.
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
- Start with a cold 8-10 inch skillet (non-stick skillet, or like chef Jacques, copper). Grease the skillet with a thin coating of butter. Add shallots, scallops, shrimp, mushrooms, Champagne, water and salt and pepper to the cold skillet. Put on the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and strain out the scallops, shrimp and mushrooms and keep them warm.
- Mix flour and remaining butter to form a paste. Return the stock (minus the seafood and mushrooms) to the stove ad bring to a hard boil. Reduce stock by 40%. Add the butter paste to thicken. Add cream and return to a hard boil, stirring until all flour is dissolved and sauce is thick and creamy. Return seafood and mushrooms to pan, bring to a boil and serve immediately
- If I make this for an everyday dish I use margarine and whole or fat free milk, but for company I make it the FAT way!
SEARED SCALLOPS IN A CHAMPAGNE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE ...
Servings 5Calories 772 per serving
SCALLOPS SAINT JACQUES WITH CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE FROM ...
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE - SPAIN ON …
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SCALLOPS WITH A CREAMY SAUCE. | BBC GOOD FOOD
Cuisine BritishTotal Time 45 minsServings 4
SCALLOPS IN VERMOUTH SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH A CHAMPAGNE VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE | I ...
SEARED SCALLOPS ON WILTED WATERCRESS WITH CHAMPAGNE BUTTER ...
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE
CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPES
SCALLOPS WITH LEEKS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPES
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CHAMPAGNE BUTTER SAUCE - KROGER
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPE | EASY SEAFOOD ...
SCALLOPS IN CHAMPAGNE SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #eggs-dairy #seafood #vegetables #easy #dinner-party #romantic #stove-top #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #mushrooms #scallops #free-of-something #low-in-something #shellfish #taste-mood #savory #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook scallops and champagne on the stove?Pour in the champagne and cook until warm, 1 minute. Add the scallops and cook until just opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side, sprinkling each side with the salt and pepper during cooking. Transfer to a platter or plates and spoon some of the cooking liquid over the top. Sprinkle with basil or dill and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.
How do you cook shrimp and scallops in a sauce?Add the cream and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce to two-thirds over high heat. Add the scallops and shrimp. Add salt and pepper. Add the Tabasco and bring to a boil over high heat for 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
What kind of sauce do you use for scallops?Champagne or sparkling wine lends delicate flavor to the simple French-inspired sauce in this elegant scallop recipe. Tarragon, with its anise-like overtones, is a classic herb seasoning for seafood dishes. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
How do you make cream sauce with champagne?In a medium saucepan combine the shallots, Champagne, and vanilla bean pod and seeds and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture is almost completely reduced, about 7 minutes. Add the cream, bring to a boil, and reduce by half, about 3 minutes.