EASY GARLIC-LEMON SCALLOPS
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add scallops, and cook for several minutes on one side, then turn over, and continue cooking until firm and opaque.
- Remove scallops to a platter, then whisk salt, pepper, and lemon juice into butter. Pour sauce over scallops to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 152.4 mg, Fat 24.4 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 38.5 g, SaturatedFat 14.6 g, Sodium 987.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SCALLOPS WITH SNAIL-GARLIC BUTTER AND LEEKS
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until foam subsides. Stir in leeks and season with salt. Reduce heat to low and cook leeks, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Puree remaining 4 Tbsp butter with garlic, parsley, and snails. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put scallops in gratin dishes. Season with salt and pepper, then dot each with 1 tsp snail/garlic butter.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until scallops are just cooked through, about 9 minutes.
- Serve topped with leeks and sprinkle with chives and remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.8, Fat 18.2, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 70.5, Sodium 147.6, Carbohydrate 18.4, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 4.5, Protein 14.6
SCALLOPS WITH LEEKS
- Remove the scallops from their shells, or ask your fishmonger to do this. Separate the white flesh from the corals, and detach the hard skin around the white and the tiny black sack from the coral. Wash clean under a running tap. Halve the whites horizontally. Leave to dry off on some paper towels.
- Wash the leeks and discard the green parts. Slice the white stems lengthwise into narrow strips about 2 inches long. Place in a saucepan with 1-ounce of the butter, a pinch of salt and 8 tablespoons of water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep hot.
- In another pan melt the rest of the butter and then gently cook the shallots until they are soft. Add the wine, vermouth and scallops with their corals. Bring just to the boiling point, then turn the heat very low and simmer for exactly 2 minutes, or less if the scallops are small.
- Remove the leeks from their liquid using a slotted spoon and place in the heated dish. With the same spoon place the scallops on top. Add the leek juice to the scallop juice and boil until the liquid is reduced to 8 tablespoons. Pour in the cream, return to the boil and bubble for a moment or two. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the scallops. Scatter with the chopped parsley.
SCALLOPS WITH SNAIL-GARLIC BUTTER AND LEEKS
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides. Stir in leeks and season with salt. Reduce heat to low and cook leeks, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm, covered.
- Purée remaining 4 tablespoons butter, garlic, 2 tablespoons parsley, and chopped snails in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put 1 scallop in each shell and arrange in a shallow baking pan. (Alternatively, arrange scallops about 1 inch apart in gratin dish.) Season scallops with salt and pepper, then dot each with 1 teaspoon snail-garlic butter. Bake in middle of oven until scallops are just cooked through, about 7 minutes (9 to 11 minutes if using gratin dish).
- Serve scallops topped with leeks and sprinkled with chives and remaining tablespoon parsley.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEEKS & LEMON CHILLI BUTTER
- For the butter, mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, then beat well with a wooden spoon until there are no lumps of butter left. Spoon onto a large sheet of cling film, then wrap tightly in a sausage shape. Chill until firm (or put in the freezer if you're short of time).
- Set up a pan with a steamer or suspend a heatproof colander over the top of a pan. Cut the leeks in half lengthways, then slice into long strips, about the thickness of tagliatelle. Cover, then steam for 6 mins until tender, with no signs of squeakiness. Season, then set aside.
- Dry the scallops on kitchen paper and season. Heat a heavy-based pan, then add the oil. Once hot, add the scallops, keeping them close together - this helps the sides to stay straight and tall rather than sagging. Sizzle for 2 mins until caramelised and you can see the heat creeping up the outside. Turn over with a palette knife, then fry for 1 min more. Take off the heat, then add a few good slices of the butter to the pan, spooning over the scallops as it melts.
- To serve, wind a nest of warm leeks in the centre of 4 plates, top each with 3 scallops, spoon over the buttery sauce (it looks smart trickled around the plate), then sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Squeeze over a little lemon juice before you tuck in.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 588 calories, Fat 56 grams fat, SaturatedFat 33 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 3 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 19 grams protein, Sodium 1.47 milligram of sodium
BUTTERY SCALLOPS WITH LEMON AND HERBS
Simple and very speedy, this dish shows off the sweetness and delicacy of fresh sea scallops, seasoned with only lemon, garlic, herbs and a sprinkle of red-pepper flakes. A little butter gives it a touch of richness, while the grated lemon zest adds brightness and a jolt of acid. You can serve this with a big green salad for a light meal, or over buttered noodles or mashed potatoes for something more substantial.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories quick, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Season scallops lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, preferably nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add 3 tablespoons butter and let melt. Place seasoned scallops in the pan in a single layer without touching. (Do this in batches if necessary, using another tablespoon of butter if needed for the second batch.) Cook without moving until bottoms are golden brown, 3 minutes.
- Flip the scallops and add another tablespoon of butter to the pan. Stir in garlic and thyme, and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- If you took any of the scallops out of the pan to cook them in batches, put them back in now. Pour lemon juice on top of all the scallops, sprinkle with the lemon zest, and toss everything gently to combine.
- Transfer scallops to serving plates and sprinkle red-pepper flakes on top. Garnish with chopped soft herbs and lemon wedges, and serve immediately.
More about "scallops with snail garlic butter and leeks recipes"
GARLIC BUTTER HERB SCALLOPS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CREAMY LEEKS WITH SCALLOPS RECIPE - THE ENGLISH GARDEN
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CREAMY SPINACH AND LEEKS
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOP RECIPE | DAMN DELICIOUS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER - INSPIRED TASTE
SCALLOPS WITH GARLICKY BREADCRUMBS - ITALIAN FOOD …
SCALLOPS AND LEEKS - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
SCALLOPS WITH LEEKS RECIPE | COOKING CHANNEL
SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH LEEK RISOTTO AND LEMON-BROWN BUTTER …
SCALLOPS WITH LEEKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER | WHOLESOME YUM
SCALLOPS WITH SNAIL-GARLIC BUTTER AND LEEKS - PLAIN.RECIPES
RECIPES FOR SCALLOPS WITH LEEKS AND LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
BROILED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE - WELL SEASONED
SCALLOPS WITH SNAIL-GARLIC BUTTER AND LEEKS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEEK AND TARRAGON CREME RECIPES
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH MELTED LEEKS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER
RECIPE: BAY SCALLOPS IN SNAIL BUTTER - THE NEW YORK TIMES
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SCALLOPS BAKED IN THE SHELL WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
HONEY GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SCALLOPS (23 SIDE DISHES +RECIPES)
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER | HANK …
BUTTER AND GARLIC BAKED SCALLOPS - LISA G COOKS
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP - TASTETORONTO
GARLICKY BUTTERY SCALLOPS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER | RECIPE | SEAFOOD DINNER ...
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS - CLASSIC BAKES
COOK THE BOOK: ROASTED SCALLOPS WITH SNAIL BUTTER AND MâCHE …
You'll also love