SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the peppercorns in the mixture until they soften and pop, about 5 minutes. Gently place the seasoned tuna in the skillet and cook to desired doneness, 1 1/2 minutes per side for rare.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.7 calories, Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Cholesterol 71.4 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 33.3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 1033.6 mg
SEARED AHI (BBQ TUNA STEAKS)
I've had this dish at many different restaurants. Almost all had done a great job at the preparation as its an easy meal to make. Garlic mashed potatoes really complete this dish.
Provided by dadsnetmailyahoo.com
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Melt the butter in a bowl or plate large enough to hold the tuna steak Place tuna steak in bowl, coating both sides with butter Sprinkle half of cajun seasoning on each side of steak For an extra spicy treat, add black pepper.
- I recommend cooking this outdoors on your grill.
- Cooking indoors will generate excessive smoke.
- Heat your grill to the highest possible temperature Turn off burners (to avoid flame up) then immediately add steak Cook for 2 minutes on first side Flip and cook on other side for 1 minute.
- (The steak will be very pink inside - yum!) Remove and serve immediately as it will cool quickly.
- I recommend serving over garlic mashed potatoes with either wasabi mustard or wasabi mustard/mayo mix.
SEARED SESAME-CRUSTED AHI TUNA
I have tried several different recipes for making ahi tuna and was disappointed every time. So I have blended several things about other recipes to create this. I'm sure this isn't completely original, but it is original to me. This can be served as a main course with some rice and asparagus (or stir-fry vegetables) or as an appetizer. I like a little soy sauce for dipping, but there are many other spicier dipping sauces you could use.
Provided by donrule
Categories Main Dish Tuna
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse tuna and pat dry. Place in a prep dish and sprinkle both sides with blackened seasoning. Brush teriyaki sauce on all sides of the tuna to glaze it.
- Mix white and black sesame seeds together in a shallow dish. Dredge tuna in the sesame seeds until all sides are coated.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until smoking. Arrange tuna in the pan and cook for 30 to 45 seconds. Flip and cook for another 3o to 45 seconds; do not overcook!
- Quickly transfer tuna to a cutting board and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange tuna on individual plates, overlapping slices slightly. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Cholesterol 76.6 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 41.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 586 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
More about "seared ahi tuna steaks recipes"
BEST SEARED AHI TUNA RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AHI TUNA …
5/5 (13)Total Time 35 mins
- Combine black and white sesame seeds on a shallow plate, then gently press tuna steaks into seeds to coat them on all sides.
- Add tuna steaks to the pan and sear 30 seconds to 1 minute per side, depending on desired doneness.
SIX-MINUTE SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
5/5 Total Time 6 minsCategory FishCalories 331 per serving
- Mix the soy sauce (2 tablespoons), toasted sesame oil (1 tablespoon), honey (1 tablespoon) kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon- OMIT if marinating for more than a couple hours, see notes), pepper (1/4 teaspoon), and cayenne pepper (1/4 teaspoon) until honey is fully dissolved. Pour over the ahi tuna steaks and turn over to coat completely. Optional: allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes, or up to overnight in the refrigerator. Also optional: Reserve a spoonful or two of the marinade before coating the fish for drizzling on top after you've cooked it.
- Heat a medium skillet (preferably non-stick or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet) on medium-high to high until very hot ( or medium medium-high for nonstick). I recommend giving cast iron 3-5 minutes to get hot and nonstick about 1 minute, depending on how thick it is.
- Add the canola oil (1 tablespoon) to the hot pan. Sear the tuna for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare (1.5 minutes on each side for rare; 3 on each side for medium). (Note: different burners get hotter depending on your stove. Use your best judgement whether you use medium, medium-high, or high heat, as the marinade may burn if too high heat is used)
10 BEST SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS RECIPES - YUMMLY
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS - WORLDRECIPES.ORG
RECIPE: LOIS' SEARED TUNA BIRTHDAY DINNER - THE BERKSHIRE EDGE
PAN SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK | 1 HOUR | LOWCARBINGASIAN
CAST IRON SEARED TUNA STEAKS - STRAKER NUTRITION COMPANY
OUTBACK AHI TUNA RECIPE – RECIPE SELF
BEST-EVER GRILLED TUNA STEAK – A COUPLE COOKS
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS WITH SESAME SEED CRUST (10 …
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE - HEALTHY …
SEARED AHI TUNA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
FAST & EASY PAN SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS (USE AHI OR YELLOWFIN TUNA!)
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE SEARED PEPPERED AHI TUNA RECIPE - THEFOODXP
SEARED AHI TUNA RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SESAME SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK - ECLECTIC RECIPES
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE - LOW CARB INSPIRATIONS
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
SEARED AHI TUNA | THE RECIPE CRITIC
HOW LONG IS LEFTOVER TUNA STEAK GOOD FOR - JACOBYCALDWELL
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
SESAME CRUSTED SEARED AHI TUNA - SWEET & SAVORY
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS WITH DIPPING SAUCE - WHAT GREAT …
SEARED BLACK PEPPER-CRUSTED AHI TUNA STEAKS RECIPE
MARINATED SEARED AHI TUNA | CHEW OUT LOUD
THE 15 BEST TUNA STEAK RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
SPICE-RUBBED SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO COOK AHI TUNA STEAKS IN OVEN – GALAXY TRAINING
PAN-SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS - SAN-J
SEARED TUNA STEAK RECIPE - JOE'S HEALTHY MEALS
SEARED TUNA RECIPE WITH DELICIOUS MARINADE
SEARED BLACKENED AHI TUNA STEAK | 8 MINUTES | LOWCARBINGASIAN
AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE SESAME SEEDS | DEPORECIPE.CO
10 BEST AHI AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPES - YUMMLY
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SEARED TUNA - FISH ACCEPTS ANYTHING
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE WITH SOY AND GINGER - VEENA AZMANOV
AIR FRYER TUNA STEAKS RECIPE (FRESH OR FROZEN) - ENJOY CLEAN EATING
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
RECIPE SEARED TUNA - VIEW EASY RECIPE VIDEOS - MOAB WHOLE FOODS
AHI TUNA: HOW TO COOK IT THE RIGHT WAY | SAN-J
PERFECT SESAME PAN SEARED AHI TUNA - ADREAMYLIFE
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS | RISING TIDE SEAFOOD
SEARING YELLOWFIN TUNA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHILI-LIME SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK RECIPE WITH QUINOA - FED & FIT
You'll also love