YELLOWFIN TUNA, SEARED RARE WITH SESAME, AND A KEY LIME GINGER BROTH
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Number Of Ingredients 26
- For the spice mixture: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- For the juice mixture: Blend all ingredients except butter and oil until smooth. Add oil and butter to finish. Add warm chicken stock and season to taste.
- For the romaine: Over high heat saute romaine ribs in olive oil until tender. Add anchovies and coriander. Finish by tossing with basil and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- For the tuna: Season tuna pieces with oil and salt and pepper evenly. Place seasoned tuna in spice mixture and coat evenly. Next, heat oil in a cast iron skillet until very hot. Add tuna and cook to desired doneness and set aside to rest for a couple of minutes. Slice each piece after resting.
- Plating: Place braised romaine in center of plate. Next arrange warm tuna slices on top of romaine. Finish plate by drizzling warm juice around the plate. Serve.
SEARED YELLOW FIN TUNA
- Cut tuna steak in half.
- Pour soy sauce into shallow container and place tuna into soy sauce for 10 minutes. Flip pieces over and allow to sit in soy sauce for another 10 minutes.
- Pour both types of sesame seed into a small plate and coat tuna on all sides by pressing the tuna into the seeds.
- Put olive oil into pan and heat until it reaches smoking point.
- Sear tuna on all sides for five seconds. Seeds are very likely to pop from the heat.
- Pull tuna from pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581.3, Fat 33.6, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 86.1, Sodium 3107.1, Carbohydrate 7.2, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 1, Protein 61.8
PAN-SEARED TUNA WITH AVOCADO, SOY, GINGER, AND LIME
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.
SESAME SEARED TUNA
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, honey and sesame oil. Divide into two equal parts. Stir the rice vinegar into one part and set aside as a dipping sauce.
- Spread the sesame seeds out on a plate. Coat the tuna steaks with the remaining soy sauce mixture, then press into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place steaks in the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds on each side. Serve with the dipping sauce and wasabi paste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13.2 g, Cholesterol 77.2 mg, Fat 20.7 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 44.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 1045.5 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by á-25087
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Press 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper onto each side of each tuna steak and sprinkle lightly with salt. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna to skillet and sear until cooked to desired doneness, about 3 1/2 minutes per side for medium. Transfer tuna to plates; tent with foil to keep warm. Add butter and shallots to same skillet. Sauté over medium heat until shallots soften, add mushrooms about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Add sesame oil, soy sauce and broth, then sherry. Place skillet over high heat and boil until sauce is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slice tuna and place over prepared polenta.Spoon sauce over tuna. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped chives.
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the peppercorns in the mixture until they soften and pop, about 5 minutes. Gently place the seasoned tuna in the skillet and cook to desired doneness, 1 1/2 minutes per side for rare.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.7 calories, Carbohydrate 0.7 g, Cholesterol 71.4 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 33.3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 1033.6 mg
More about "seared yellow fin tuna recipes"
FAST & EASY SEARED TUNA (AHI OR YELLOWFIN TUNA)
4.9/5 (11)Calories 236 per servingCategory Fish
- Place ahi tuna on a plate, coat all sides with soy sauce. This will help the sesame spice adhere to the tuna.
- Generously sprinkle all sides of the ahi tuna with the sesame mix, pressing it down into the flesh. Coat the sides. Read through the rest of the directions before starting because the next part goes very quickly.
10 BEST YELLOWFIN TUNA STEAK RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK PAN-SEARED YELLOW FIN TUNA | LIVESTRONG
Author Angela Dowden
PAN SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK | 1 HOUR | LOWCARBINGASIAN
SEARED AHI TUNA WITH GINGER & SOY SAUCE MARINADE - KAPPLER …
HOW TO: BEST RECIPES ON THE WEB FOR COOKING YELLOWFIN TUNA
STEP-BY-STEP INFORMATION TO PUT TOGETHER EXCELLENT PAN SEARED …
HOW TO BUY BEST SEARED AHI TUNA RECIPE? - PINEWOODLAKE.ORG
SIX-MINUTE SEARED AHI TUNA STEAKS - BOWL OF DELICIOUS
SEARED YELLOW FIN TUNA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
RARE SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA : RECIPE - GOURMETSLEUTH
COOKING IN THE KEYS — SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA WITH SESAME SAUCE
RAW & SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA RECIPES - YOUTUBE
20 FRESH TUNA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
GORDON RAMSAY’S SEARED SESAME CRUSTED TUNA RECIPE
ASIAN SEARED TUNA | JAMIE OLIVER
10 BEST YELLOWFIN TUNA RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
PAN SEARED YELLOWTAIL TUNA RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA TATAKI | 10 MINUTES
BLACKENED YELLOWFIN TUNA | MY DELICIOUS BLOG
SEARED TUNA STEAK | JAMIE OLIVER FISH & SEAFOOD RECIPE
PAN SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA STEAKS | SEAFOOD | KETO - YOUTUBE
FRESH PREP | RARE SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA
PAN SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO COOK THE BEST YELLOW FIN TUNA - EAT LIKE PINOY
HOW TO COOK TUNA LOIN – GALAXY TRAINING
SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA WITH GINGER SESAME SAUCE – CHEF BENNY DORO
YELLOWFIN TUNA PAN SEARED RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SEARED TUNA RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
EASY PAN SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA STEAK RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
SEARED AHI TUNA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PAN SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
YELLOWFIN TUNA LOIN RECIPE SIMPLE AND EASY TO COOK
TUNA STEAK RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SESAME SEARED YELLOWFIN AHI TUNA RECIPE - MAUREEN C. BERRY
HOW TO PAN SEAR AHI TUNA – OMAHA STEAKS
SEARED AHI TUNA STEAK WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE - HEALTHY RECIPES …
#lactose #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #5-ingredients-or-less #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #easy #beginner-cook #grains #fish #stove-top #dietary #high-protein #low-carb #egg-free #free-of-something #high-in-something #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #savory #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation #served-cold
You'll also love