CANADIAN SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE SPREAD
Attention, cheese lovers! This may be the best cheese spread you've ever had! My friend's mother gave me this recipe over 15 years ago. I always make it around the holidays, or for football and hockey game nights. Everyone begs for this recipe. Turn this into a pub spread by adding a half cup of your favorite dark ale. Use brick cream cheese for a spread, or spreadable cream cheese for a dip. Serve with crispy crackers, toast, or bagels.
Provided by WestCoastMom
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place cream cheese and cold pack Cheddar cheese in a microwave-safe bowl; slice cheese into chunks with a knife. Microwave cheese in 30-second intervals on high just until softened, stirring between intervals.
- Stir red onion, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, paprika, and hot sauce into cheese mixture with a fork until evenly combined; spoon into an airtight container and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove cheese spread from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 30.7 mg, Fat 8.9 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 200.1 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
Please feel free to scale the ingredients as you like. I never measure them, when I prepare this delicious spread.
Provided by Clara12
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Grind sesame in a blender or food processor on high for 15 seconds or until very fine.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.2, Fat 30.7, SaturatedFat 4.3, Sodium 14.2, Carbohydrate 13.7, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 0.6, Protein 9.1
SESAME CHEDDAR BREAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, stir yeast into water to soften. Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, sesame seeds, 2 cups flour and 2 cups cheese. Beat vigorously for two minutes.
- Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until the dough begins to pull away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Knead, adding flour a little at a time, until you have a smooth, elastic dough.
- Put dough into an oiled bowl. Turn to coat the entire ball of dough with oil. Cover with a tightly woven towel and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly oiled work surface. With the heel of your hand, flatten the dough to a 15-inch square. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Roll up, then knead a few times to marble the cheese throughout the dough. Cover with a tightly woven towel and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a loaf and place into well-greased loaf pans. Cover with a tightly woven towel and let rise until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the loaves reaches 190 degrees.
- Immediately, remove bread from pans and cool on a rack.
CHEDDAR CHEESE SPREAD
A simple spread like this with some crackers is often all you need when entertaining. Letting the spread refrigerate overnight blends the flavors beautifully. -Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts :
Enjoy Apple-Cheddar Spread on a sandwich, cracker or anything with a flat surface. Apple-Cheddar Spread is made with cheddar, applesauce & toasted sesame.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. each.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended; cover.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with assorted crackers and apple and pear slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Fat 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 55 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 1 g, Protein 2 g
I adopted this recipe, and after playing with the recipe, I have adapted it slightly (on July 7, 2005) to include a little less butter.
Provided by newspapergal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature before starting this recipe.
- Whip slowly, in a medium mixing bowl, with the mixer until the mixture is fluffy. I also have mixed it well by hand, but room-temp ingredients are KEY to do that.
- Spread on bread slices. (Rye, Sourdough or regular French Bread are great.) Toast under the broiler until hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.8, Fat 29.2, SaturatedFat 18.5, Cholesterol 89.9, Sodium 552.7, Carbohydrate 1.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.5, Protein 15.6
From Vegetarian Times, September 2002. This is great served on crackers, wheat or rye bread, pitas, and bagels. It is also good for making a veggie wrap by spreading it on a tortilla, topping with chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sprouts, and rolling it all up. Prepare 24 hours in advance and refrigerate. Serves 6.
Provided by BeccaB3c
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Soften cream cheese in bowl with fork. Add cheddar, mayonnaise and mustard and blend well.
- Add pimiento, onion, thyme and parsley, if desired, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and let mixture stand for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.4, Fat 21.1, SaturatedFat 12.5, Cholesterol 62.7, Sodium 370.7, Carbohydrate 3.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.8, Protein 7.7
ULTIMATE CHEESE SPREAD
This is one of my favorite party dips. It's the creamiest cheese spread I have ever had, and it's so easy to make! Goes perfect with crackers are small pretzel twists.
Provided by Becky Christiansen
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place processed cheese spread, cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl. Blend together with an electric mixer. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.9 calories, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Cholesterol 34.6 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 267.7 mg
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD
This recipe has many variations including a dip, and cheese balls. Adapted from Cooking for Compliments by the Knudsen Dairy, Los Angeles, CA
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Blend or process cheeses together. Stir in the soy sauce and process until smooth. Stir in the sesame seeds. Serve with crackers.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sour cream if a softer spread is desired.
- For a dip: substitute 1 1/2 cups of sour cream for the cream cheese.
- For cheese balls: combine all the ingredients except the sesame seeds. Form into small balls and roll in the sesame seeds, using more if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 945.3, Fat 86.8, SaturatedFat 50.4, Cholesterol 245.4, Sodium 1587.8, Carbohydrate 10.5, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 0.9, Protein 34.6
More about "sesame cheddar spread recipes"
SESAME & CHEDDAR CROQUETTES RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Canapé
CHEDDAR SESAME CRISPS | CANADIAN GOODNESS
KETO CHEDDAR BISCUITS WITH COCONUT FLOUR AND SESAME …
10 BEST SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE SPREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
SESAME CRACKERS - HALF BAKED HARVEST
ZESTY CHEESE SPREAD - HALF-SCRATCHED
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD RECIPE BY PARTY.FREAK | IFOOD.TV
SESAME & CHEDDAR CROQUETTES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SESAME CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
CHEESY HAMBURGER DIP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD (KITCHENPC)
50 WAYS TO USE SPREADABLE CHEDDAR CHEESE #THISISCHEESE
10 BEST CHEDDAR CHEESE SANDWICH SPREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEDDAR CHEESE SPREAD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
SESAME & CHEDDAR CROQUETTES RECIPE | RECIPE | CROQUETTES RECIPE, …
RECIPE: NUTTY CHEDDAR SPREAD | BLUE DIAMOND
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ZESTY CHEESE SPREAD ~ EASY & SO YUMMY! - FIVEHEARTHOME
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD - YOUTUBE
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
PIMENTO CHEDDAR SPREAD - SERIOUSKETO
SESAME CHEDDAR BREAD RECIPE
BEST SAVORY CHEESE SPREAD APPETIZER - HOMEMADE ON OUR …
SESAME SEED AND CHEDDAR RECIPES (148) - SUPERCOOK
SESAME CHEDDAR SPREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TOASTED SESAME CREAM CHEESE SPREAD - | BAKERSBEANS (WANDA …
SPICY CHEESE SPREAD RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
THE BEST CHEDDAR CHEESE SPREAD | TASTE
SESAME CHEDDAR STICKS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
SESAME CHEDDAR BREAD | RECIPE | BREAD, CHEDDAR, MILD CHEESE
17 EASY AND TASTY CHEDDAR CHEESE SPREAD RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
CHEESE SPREADS AND DIPS | MYRECIPES
EASY VEGAN CHEDDAR CHEESE (SPREAD & SAUCE!) - MINIMALIST BAKER …
HOMEMADE CHEESE SPREAD - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
CHEDDAR, BACON AND SPINACH SPREAD - KELLOGGS.COM
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #appetizers #eggs-dairy #easy #dinner-party #vegetarian #dips #spreads #cheese #dietary #high-calcium #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #taste-mood #savory
You'll also love