- In a medium saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook until rice is almost dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until completely dry, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; toss with scallions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187 g, Fat 1 g, Protein 3 g
THIS SIDE DISH is compatible with any meat entree you serve. One of my friends gave me this recipe many years ago. I made a few changes, and it has been a family favorite for a long time. This secret of the tasty flavor is the chicken broth. -Norma Poole Auburndale, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a medium skillet, saute sesame seeds in butter for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add rice, celery and onion; saute until the rice is browned. Spoon into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Dissolve bouillon and salt in water; pour over the rice mixture. Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 941mg sodium, Carbohydrate 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
This is how I love my brown rice. I always use short grain rice, adding about 1/2 cup more water than called for. With a splash of soy sauce, I'm in heaven!
Provided by Sharon123
Categories Brown Rice
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, toss the rice with 1/2 teaspoons of the sesame oil to coat the grains.
- Add the water, cover, and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is tender, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions, sesame seeds, the remaining sesame oil, and soy sauce to taste.
- Toast sesame seeds in a single layer on an unoiled baking tray at 350*F for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant and golden.
- Watch carefully, so as not to burn!
SESAME RICE WITH SCALLIONS
- Cook 1 1/2 cups sushi rice as the label directs. Meanwhile, cook 1/4 cup sesame seeds in 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring, until toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in 4 finely chopped scallions, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss with the rice.
- Serves: 6; Calories: 240; Total Fat: 6 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 gram; Protein: 5 grams; Total carbohydrates: 42 grams; Sugar: 1 gram; Fiber: 2 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 165 milligrams
STIR FRIED SESAME VEGETABLES WITH RICE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a saucepan combine broth, rice and margarine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Place sesame seeds on a small baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown; set aside. Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until very hot. Add asparagus, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but crisp. Stir in soy-sauce and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.4 calories, Carbohydrate 42.5 g, Fat 14.8 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 7.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 891.8 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
- In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan toast sesame seeds in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and transfer to a small plate. In same pan bring water to a boil with salt and stir in rice. Reduce heat to moderately low and simmer rice, covered, until most liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let rice stand, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and sesame seeds with any butter remaining on plate.
SESAME SHRIMP & RICE
A handful of convenience items and a flash in the skillet allows you to put a delightfully flavorful, high-quality meal on the table in minutes. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Microwave rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry snow peas and onions in oil for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, pineapple, oranges and salad dressing; cook until heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender., Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 calories, Fat 11g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 172mg cholesterol, Sodium 330mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
BLACK SESAME RICE
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart heavy saucepan. Cover pan and cook rice over low heat until tender and most of water is evaporated, about 30 minutes.
- Let rice stand, covered, off heat 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then stir in sesame oil and salt and pepper to taste.
ORANGE SESAME RICE
This dish is great with a fish dish. Perhaps you would like it with one of my fish recipes! I guess you would call this marketing for my recipes. Serve it with your own favorite recipe. It is good with chicken too.
Provided by Bergy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large saucepan; heat oil.
- Add Sesame seeds, stirring constantly, brown seeds about 2 minutes.
- Add Rice and Onion, saute 3 minutes.
- Pour in the Chicken stock (For Vegetarian use the Vegetable Stock).
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the stock is absorbed (drain if necessary, don't overcook the rice).
- Stir in the orange zest and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310.2, Fat 10.7, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 3.6, Sodium 176.8, Carbohydrate 45.6, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 3.5, Protein 8.6
More about "sesame rice recipes"
SESAME RICE | A SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE RECIPE - SIMPLY TRINI …
Cuisine ChineseCategory Rice Dishes
SIMPLE SESAME RICE - BUDGET BYTES
5/5 (10)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Side DishCalories 206 per serving
- Mince the garlic and add it to a medium sauce pot with the butter. Sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes over medium heat, or just until the garlic begins to soften and becomes very fragrant.
- Carefully add the water and soy sauce, then give the pot a brief stir to combine. Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to high, and allow it to come to a full boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the heat off and let the rice rest, undisturbed and with the lid in place, for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Drizzle the toasted sesame oil over top, add the sesame seeds, and gently fold the rice until the sesame oil and seeds are distributed throughout. Serve warm.
PEANUT SESAME RICE: 3-INGREDIENT PODI RICE - THE STEAMING POT
SESAME RICE RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
SESAME BROWN RICE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
CHEWY BLACK SESAME RICE CAKE RECIPE - PUREWOW
SESAME SEED RICE - PADHUSKITCHEN
QUICK AND EASY SESAME FRIED RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
30-MINUTE SESAME CHICKEN RICE BOWLS - THE GIRL ON BLOOR
DOUBLE SESAME RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SESAME RICE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
10 BEST SESAME SEAWEED RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SESAME SEEDS RICE (ELLU SADAM) - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
CROCK POT SESAME CHICKEN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ASIAN SESAME RICE - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
SESAME SEED RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SESAME RICE – WEST BEND
ELLU SADAM | SESAME RICE - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
SESAME GARLIC BASMATI RICE - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
SESAME RICE RECIPE | ELLU SADAM RECIPE | AYURVEDIC DIET
SESAME FRIED RICE | THE ORGANIC CENTER
GARLIC SESAME RICE NOODLES - THIS GAL COOKS
ELLU SADAM | SESAME RICE - VIDHYA’S VEGETARIAN KITCHEN
TRIPLE-SESAME JASMINE RICE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
SESAME THAI RICE NOODLES WITH VEGETABLES • VEGAN RECIPE
SESAME RICE NOODLES - THE TWIN COOKING PROJECT BY SHEENAM
SESAME RICE SALAD WITH CUCUMBER, CHIVES, AND LIME
SESAME CHICKEN AND RICE | EASIEST RECIPE
GINGER SESAME BROWN RICE - SIMPLY SCRATCH
SESAME RICE - FOOD BANJO
ELLU SADAM RECIPE | SESAME RICE RECIPE - SHARMIS PASSIONS
RECIPE: MISO-GINGER CHICKEN WITH SESAME RICE & ROASTED …
SESAME-GINGER RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BENNE COOKIES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
SESAME RICE RECIPE FOR KIDS [IRON RICH SESAME POWDER FOR RICE]
SESAME GINGER CAULIFLOWER RICE - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
NUVVULA ANNAM ~ SESAME RICE INDIAN STYLE - MYSPICYKITCHEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #side-dishes #rice #vegan #vegetarian #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #brown-rice
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook rice with sesame oil?In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, toss the rice with 1/2 teaspoons of the sesame oil to coat the grains. Add the water, cover, and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the rice is tender, about 40 to 45 minutes. Stir in the scallions, sesame seeds, the remaining sesame oil, and soy sauce to taste.
How do you make Sesame chicken rice bowls?It's quite simple actually: toss some cut up chicken breasts with cornstarch and egg, then fry on medium-high heat with some sesame oil. Add a bit of soy sauce for some extra flavour, then comes the sesame sauce and the veggies! And jasmine rice. OMG, this is what MAKES these Sesame Chicken Rice Bowls!?
What is sesame rice made of?Sesame rice is an easy and delicious rice recipe made with ground sesame seeds. It is also known as ellu sadam in tamil language where ellu means sesame seeds and sadam means rice. Saved! Rinse 1 cup rice couple of times in water and then soak in enough water for 20 minutes.
How to cook rice on the stove top?Directions. In a medium saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook until rice is almost dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until completely dry, 10 to 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork; toss with scallions, sesame seeds, and sesame oil.