SHRIMP, LEEK AND SPINACH RISOTTO
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour in the rice, and stir until the rice is coated in oil and has started to toast, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in one-third of the boiling vegetable broth; continue stirring until incorporated. Repeat this process twice more, stirring constantly. Incorporating the broth should take 15 to 20 minutes in all.
- While you are cooking the rice, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a pan. Stir in the garlic, leeks, red chili, shrimp, and scallops. Cook until the seafood is just beginning to turn color. Add the red bell pepper and spinach; cook until the seafood is opaque. Combine with the rice, and season to taste with pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 714.3 calories, Carbohydrate 108 g, Cholesterol 191.2 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 44.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 804.7 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO
- Clean and prep the leeks by trimming the roots and dark green leaves from the stalks, then slit each in half lengthwise and thoroughly swish each half in a large bowl of water to remove any sand and sediment that might be stuck between the root layers, gently frilling them apart with your thumbs. Pat dry and slice each half into 1/8-inch thick half-moons.
- In a small saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a simmer and keep warm over low heat.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-low heat and add the olive oil. Add the leeks and garlic, and sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt evenly over the vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to caramelize.
- Add the rice and stir well for 2 minutes to gently toast.
- Stir in the wine and simmer until nearly evaporated.
- Add 1/2 cup of the warm chicken broth to the rice and stir gently and frequently until most of the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as the rice continues to cook and absorb liquid.
- After 15-20 minutes, most of the broth should be absorbed and the rice should taste tender and chewy but slightly firm to the bite. There will still be a good amount of sauce in the pan with the rice; risotto isn't fluffy and dry like a pilaf, but retains a slightly soupy texture.
- Before you add your last ladleful of broth, stir in the shrimp to cook through as the liquid is absorbed.
- Season the risotto with salt and pepper to taste, stir in the remaining butter, the Parmesan, parsley, and chives, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.5, Fat 11.4, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 17.5, Sodium 651.4, Carbohydrate 51, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 3.5, Protein 9.1
LEMONY SHRIMP AND RISOTTO
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook until the shrimp are just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the shrimp and juices to a bowl to cool.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil to the pan. Add the fennel and onions. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, 30 seconds. Add the rice. Stir until well coated and translucent in spots, about 2 minutes. Add the wine. Cook until the wine is absorbed, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, lemon juice, zest, and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Increase the heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until the rice is just tender but still has some bite and the risotto is creamy, stirring often, 13 to 14 minutes.
- Mix in the arugula. Stir until the arugula wilts, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp. Mix in additional broth if needed, 1/4 cup at a time, until the risotto is creamy.
- Spoon the risotto into 4 shallow soup bowls.
SEAFOOD RISOTTO WITH LEEK BROTH AND ASPARAGUS STEMS
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and leek and cook until soft. Increase heat to high, add wine and cook until reduced. Add clam stock, bay leaf, parsley, and peppercorns and bring to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes. Hit with an immersion blender and strain into a clean pan. Bring to a simmer, add cream, cook for 1 minute, add fine herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- For the Risotto: Heat the oil in medium saucepan, add onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Stir in arborio rice to coat. Add wine and cook until reduced. Add broth 2 cups at a time and cook until al dente. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pack into small ramekins and unmold onto a shallow bowl.
- Divide seafood and asparagus among the bowls around the risotto. Ladle broth over and garnish with fine herbs.
ROCK SHRIMP, TOMATO, AND LEEK RISOTTO WITH BASIL AND MEYER LEMON
This is a sort of mating of my favorite Shrimp Scampi recipe with a recipe for a Mushroom Risotto that I really like (sans mushrooms though). It should be almost soupy.
Provided by Betty Rocker
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Carefully wash the leeks, then trim the root end and the tops just where they start to turn light green. Halve them longways, then check for mud and dirt again and rinse if necessary. Slice into thin half-moons, keeping the slices from one of the leeks separate from the other two.
- Put the slices from two of the leeks into a small saucepan, cover with the cream, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer gently for about 10 minutes. Add tomato and continue to simmer.
- Meanwhile, start the risotto. In a heavy-bottomed, medium-sized stock pot, melt 1 tbsp butter. Add leeks, and sauté over medium heat for a few minutes until softened and beginning to brown slightly.
- Add rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes until coated with butter-leek mixture and beginning to toast. Add 2/3 cup wine and stir until wine is mostly absorbed. Add about 1/2 cup chicken or shrimp stock at a time, stirring frequently, waiting to add more stock until there's just a little bit of liquid left. Continue to add stock until the rice is cooked through and just barely firm in the center. Grate a bit of the Meyer lemon rind (from about 1/4 of the lemon) into the risotto, and season to taste.
- Add 1/2 basil and peas to cream mixture and stir. Check seasoning, then pour into risotto and gently fold to combine with the rice.
- Heat a large non-reactive skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp butter and melt, then add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and sauté until cooked through - about 2 minutes. Add shrimp to risotto, then return skillet to heat, melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter, then add the garlic cloves, pressing them through a garlic press. Sauté for just a few seconds, then pour in 1/3 cup wine to deglaze, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Pour liquid into risotto, then squeeze 1/2 Meyer lemon on top and fold gently to combine.
- Serve in shallow bowls, garnishing with a grating of Parmigiano-Reggiano and some of the basil chiffonade. Serve with the same wine you used to add to the risotto.
FREGOLA RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP, ROASTED CORN, AND MELTED LEEKS
I'm crazy about the deep nuttiness of fregola (Italian couscous) and I'm always looking for new ways to show it off. When cooked in the style of a risotto, fregola gets really creamy and is a change from typical Arborio rice. Fresh corn turns this creamy risotto into summer goodness. The familiar flavors are boosted by the addition of shrimp and a topping of creamy melted leeks, which also makes a fabulous side dish on its own.
Yield serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the corn in a small baking dish and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, about 2 cups. Th e moist heat cooks the corn perfectly. Bake the corn, turning the ears with tongs halfway through cooking, until the husks are brown and the corn feels tender when you press it, 40 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel off the husks and remove the corn silks. Cut the kernels off the cob; you should have about 1 1/2 cups.
- Meanwhile, heat the stock until it simmers. Keep warm over low heat.
- Cut off the dark green tops of the leeks and discard. Cut the leeks crosswise into 1/2-inch rounds. Put them in a large bowl of water. Swish the water around and separate the leek pieces, checking for dirt between the layers. The sand will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Lift the leeks out with your hands and put them on a kitchen towel to dry; you should have about 6 cups.
- Put a large skillet over low heat and add 4 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter is foamy, add the leeks and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks are tender but not brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs. Pour in the cream and stir to incorporate. Cover and keep warm over very low heat.
- Put a large, deep skillet over medium heat and drizzle with the oil, then add 1 tablespoon of the butter. When the butter is foamy, add the shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the shallot is soft, about 3 minutes. Add the fregola and stir for a minute or two until the pasta is well coated; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the wine and simmer for 1 minute to evaporate the alcohol.
- Pour in 1 cup of the warm stock. Stir with a wooden spoon until the pasta has absorbed all of the liquid. Keep stirring while adding the stock little by little, allowing the pasta to drink it in before you add more. This whole process should take about 20 minutes. You may not need all of the stock. Taste the risotto: it should be slightly firm but creamy. Add the corn, shrimp, parsley, and tarragon. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter to make it rich.
- To serve, divide the risotto among 4 shallow bowls, top with the leeks, and garnish with a shower of parsley.
More about "shrimp and leek risotto recipes"
BROWN RICE SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO - LIVELY TABLE
Reviews 6Category Main DishCuisine SeafoodTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped leek, garlic, and shallot. Cook, stirring, until leek is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a bowl for later. Add shrimp to dutch oven and cook, stirring, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove to bowl that leeks are in.
- In same dutch oven, add brown rice and stir until rice in slightly toasted. Add white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to deglaze, if necessary. Continue to stir until the liquid is absorbed.
SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO RECIPE | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S BASIC RISOTTO AND THE SHRIMP AND LEEK ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SHRIMP AND PEA RISOTTO WITH LEEKS AND CLAM JUICE RECIPE
BROWN RICE RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
35 IDEAS FOR RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP – BEST ROUND UP RECIPE ...
LEEK RISOTTO WITH CHAMPAGNE AND ROASTED SHRIMP | RECIPE ...
SHRIMP RISOTTO WITH SWEET PEAS AND LEEKS - MEDITERRANEAN ...
SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO RECIPE | PBS FOOD | RISOTTO ...
SHRIMP RISOTTO - IMMACULATE BITES
10 SHRIMP RISOTTO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TURKEY AND LEEK RISOTTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LEEK RISOTTO WITH CHAMPAGNE AND ROASTED SHRIMP
SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO :: QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPES
SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO :: QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPES
JERK CHICKEN LEEK RISOTTO
LEEK RISOTTO RECIPE - RECIPES FROM ITALY
SHRIMP, LEEK AND SPINACH RISOTTO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEEK AND SHRIMP QUICHE | RICARDO
SHRIMP, LEEK AND SPINACH RISOTTO - RISOTTO RECIPES
SALMON RISOTTO WITH LEEKS & LEMON - ALWAYS USE BUTTER
10 BEST SHRIMP SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP LEEK AND SPINACH RISOTTO RECIPE | MY RECIPE TIME ...
SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE ...
SHRIMP AND LEEK RISOTTO RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
LEEK RISOTTO RECIPE - PEG'S HOME COOKING
SPINACH PARMESAN RISOTTO WITH SPICY SHRIMP - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
SHRIMP, LEEK AND GINGER RISOTTO WITH FISH FUMET - CHEF FOR ...
SHRIMP, LEEK AND SPINACH RISOTTO | RECIPESTY
CREAMY LEMONY PRESSURE COOKER SHRIMP RISOTTO - JUST A ...
SHRIMP, ZUCCHINI AND LEEK RISOTTO | RECIPE
PARMESAN RISOTTO WITH ROASTED SHRIMP RECIPE | KITCHN
SHRIMP, LEEK AND SPINACH RISOTTO RECIPE
SHRIMP AND ZUCCHINI RISOTTO - RECIPES FROM ITALY
MUSHROOM SHRIMP RISOTTO RECIPE | THE RUSTIC FOODIE®
SMOKY LEEK RISOTTO - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
MUSHROOM PARMESAN SHRIMP RISOTTO RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
You'll also love