- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for grilling over high heat, or turn 3 gas burners to high. Place the eggplants directly onto the coals or flame and grill, using tongs to turn them as the skin chars, until blackened all over. Set aside to cool.
- Alternatively, roast the eggplant in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pierce the eggplants in a few places with a sharp knife, place them on the prepared baking sheet and roast, turning every 5 minutes or so, until the skin is blistered and begins to crack all over. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, transferring it directly to a strainer to allow the liquid to release.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes with the chile peppers, if using, garlic, shallot, 1/2 cup parsley, 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, cumin, pepper and salt. Add the drained eggplant and mix together with a fork. Transfer the eggplant mixture to a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Garnish with the remaining parsley and surround with the cucumber slices.
GRILLED EGGPLANT DIP (MUTABAL)
Mutabal is a delicious eggplant dip. Its key ingredients are grilled eggplant and tahini with some lemon, herbs, and spices, which give it smoky, nutty, peppery, and lemony flavors. This is the authentic recipe, and it is way better than modified recipes that use yogurt.
Provided by Muaddi Craft Distillery
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat a charcoal grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Prick the skin of the eggplants several times with a knife.
- Cook directly on the preheated grill, turning frequently, until eggplants have collapsed and are very soft and the skin has charred, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to cool, about 15 minutes.
- When eggplants are cool enough to handle, cut them in half and scrape out the flesh. Put the flesh into a colander and place over a bowl to drain, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add crushed garlic and salt, and mash until creamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in lemon juice, tahini, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and black pepper. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Taste, adjust seasonings, and stir in parsley and mint. Transfer to a small dish. Use the back of a spoon to swirl indentations on the surface, drizzle with remaining olive oil, and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 121 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 329.6 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
MUTABBAL SHAMANDAR (BEET-TAHINI DIP)
This spread starts off sweet, then gets a little spicy. Mutabbal Shamandar is made with beets and nutty tahini. Serve with pita for dipping.
Provided by Reem Assil
Yield Makes 3 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, coat the beets in the oil and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Tear four lengths of aluminum foil and tightly wrap each beet individually in the foil. Roast the beets in the oven for about 1 hour, until caramelized and tender (a knife or cake tester should go through them with little or no resistance). Remove the beets from the oven and cool in the foil.
- For this next step, I save old towels I don't mind staining. When cool enough to handle, remove the beets from the foil, wrap each beet in a towel, and rub the peels away.
- Coarsely chop the beets and place them in a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, chile, lemon juice, cumin, and the remaining 2 teaspoons salt and blend for about 5 minutes, until creamy and smooth. Slowly drizzle in the tahini and continue blending until the tahini is fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Adjust the salt and lemon juice to taste. If you want a thicker spread, blend in more tahini, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- When ready to serve, scoop the mixture onto a serving plate, drizzle it with the oil, and garnish it with the herbs.
More about "mutabal recipes"
MUTABAL - A MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT DIP | GREEDY GOURMET
Reviews 1Category StarterCuisine SyrianTotal Time 35 mins
- Place each eggplant on a gas hob and turn a quarter every 5 minutes. The process should take 20-30 minutes in order for the eggplants to be completely charred all over and completely cooked through. They will have a “collapsed” appearance.
- In a food processor blitz the eggplant, along with all the remaining ingredients, until a smooth paste is formed.
- Serve with flatbread, crudités or breadsticks as part of a main meal, light lunch or simply a snack on its own. Enjoy!
MUTABAL RECIPE (MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT DIP) STEP BY …
4.9/5 (11)Total Time 25 minsCategory DipCalories 150 per serving
- Make a few incisions on the eggplant and roast directly on a gas stove or in an oven till the skin turns black and the flesh is softened.
MUTABAL DIP, A TRADITIONAL SYRIAN AND LEBANESE RECIPE.
Ratings 58Servings 8Cuisine Middle EasternCategory Appetizer, Condiment, Dip, Side Dish
MUTABAL - MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT DIP - GASTRONOTHERAPY
MOUTABAL (BABA GHANOUSH) RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
LEBANESE MUTABBAL: A MISUNDERSTOOD EGGPLANT DIP | ILLUSTRATED …
MUTABAL (BURNT AUBERGINE WITH TAHINI)
THE ORIGINAL ARABIC MUTABAL (BABA GANOUSH) | MIDDLE EAST – VEGAN
ROASTED EGGPLANT IN JORDAN: MOUTTABAL RECIPE - LEGAL NOMADS
MUTABAL OR BABA GHANOUSH متبل | PALESTINE IN A DISH
MUTABAL RECIPE ( ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP) - CHEFJAR
MOUTABAL RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
MUTABAL — ANJALI PATHAK
CREAMY AND SMOKY MUTABAL (AUTHENTIC RECIPE!) - BRAISED
MUTABAL SHAWANDAR (GARLIC ROASTED BEET DIP) - ZEN AND ZAATAR
MUTABAL (EGGPLANT DIP) - AMIRA'S PANTRY
MUTABBAL BEITINJAN (EGGPLANT MUTABAL/ BABA GHANOUJ) - DIMA AL …
MOUTABEL (SPICY EGGPLANT DIP) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MUTABAL (EGGPLANT DIP) – SYRIAN COOKING
MUTABAL - TRADITIONAL MIDDLE EASTERN RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
MUTABAL RECIPE - SYRIAN/LEBANESE ARABIC MOUTABAL RECIPE - متبل
EASIEST MUTABAL RECIPE - TASTE EVOCATIONS
MUTABAL RECIPE | EGGPLANT AND YOGURT DIP | EASY & REFRESHING
AUTHENTIC MUTABAL RECIPE - TASTYLOAF
MUTABAL - CHARRED EGGPLANT DIP + VIDEO | SILK ROAD RECIPES
MUTABAL | MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT DIP - VEGETARIAN RECIPES
MUTABBAL (EGGPLANT DIP) - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
SMOKY AVOCADO MUTABAL RECIPE (AVOCADO TAHINI DIP) | KITCHN
MUTABAL RECIPE (ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP) - HEALTHY LIFE TRAINER
EGGPLANT MUTABAL (SMOKED EGGPLANT DIP) — OMAYAH COOKS // …
BEST MUTABBAL RECIPE (متبل) | LEVANTINE EGGPLANT DIP
MUTABAL: EGGPLANT-TAHINI SPREAD | TASTE
MUTABAL|MOUTABEL RECIPE | THE MAD SCIENTISTS KITCHEN
MUTABAL RECIPE | ARABIC ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP | HOW TO MAKE THE …
MUTABAL A LEVANTINE TRADITIONAL CUISINE | EPERSIANFOOD
BEST MUTABAL RECIPE FROM DANIAL (BUFFET IN AJMAN,DUBAI & SHARJAH)
MUTABAL RECIPE, CREAMY EGGPLANT MASH - FOODAHOLIC
SYRIAN FOOD | MUTABAL RECIPE - GRACE J SILLA
HEALTHY SIMPLE SMOKY EGGPLANT DIP (MOUTABAL) - ALPHAFOODIE
BEET MUTABAL (ROASTED BEET DIP) — OMAYAH COOKS // SYRIAN …
MUTABAL - SYRIAN RECIPE - JUST ARABIC FOOD - YOUTUBE
MUTABAL - BEET DIP OR SPREAD - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
MOUTABAL/ MUTABAL | MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT DIP - THE BIG SWEET …
MUTABAL - A MIDDLE EASTERN EGGPLANT DIP RECIPE | SAFFRON TRAIL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make mutabal at home?To prepare Mutabal, grill the eggplant on direct fire to give it a smoky flavour and it is then blended with other ingredients and spices in a food processor. You can also roast the eggplant in an oven. Cut the eggplants in long pieces and place them on a baking sheet.
What is mutabal?A cool, creamy, smoky dip that’s as delicious as it is easy to make, mutabal is a Middle Eastern marvel! This eggplant dip is very similar to baba ganoush, with a few key additions giving it extra flavor. So, if you’re looking for an exciting eggplant recipe or want to try making a homemade dip, this recipe is for you.
What is mutabal dip made of?Best Mutabal (Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip) Mutabal or Moutabel is a smoky Middle Eastern dip made with eggplant. This is a beautiful, creamy dip and is a wonderful way to use brinjal or eggplant, a vegetable that not many people like.
What is Arabic Eggplant Dip (mutabal)?Today the dish is Arabic Eggplant Dip (Mutabal). A smoked eggplant appetizer whipped with yogurt and tahini finished with a bit of lemon juice. It’s very healthy and naturally gluten free! This is my dad’s favorite dip. My mom used to make it, when she doesn’t want to cook a big meal.