SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS VERACRUZ (WW)
Adapted from recipe in WW magazine. the original recipe called for picholine olives (which I couldn't find) and pickled jalapenos (which I also couldn't find), so I made subs for both of these and it was a very good dish for dinner which we enjoyed. Only 4 points/serving!
Provided by ellie_
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl combine shrimp and scallops with the lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes; stir in galic and oregano (original recipe called for 2 tsp fresh oregano, but I used 1 tsp dried oregano) cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, ollives and chili pepper plus 1 tablespon juce form olive jar and bring to a boil; stirring (2-5 minutes).
- Stir in srhimp and scallops and reduce heat and simmer, covered until seafood is done (6-10 minutes).
BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place shrimp and scallops in a shallow dish or bowl. Dress seafood with lime juice and zest, a generous drizzle of sesame oil, grill seasoning and hot pepper flakes. Wrap each shrimp and scallop with a half slice of bacon. Wrap each shrimp working from head to tail, pulling bacon snuggly around the shrimp. Wrap the bacon around the outside of each scallop. Fasten bacon in place as necessary with picks.
- Arrange the shrimp and scallops on a slotted baking pan, such as a broiler pan, to allow draining while bacon crisps. Bake shrimp and scallops 10 to 14 minutes, until shrimp is pink and curled, scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp. Shrimps may finish before the scallops.
- Arrange cooked seafood on platter and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
VENETIAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
- Lightly coat the sea scallops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Discard remaining flour.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil (1 turn around the pan) and butter. When butter melts into oil, add scallops. Brown scallops 2 minutes on each side, then remove from pan.
- Add an additional drizzle of olive oil to the pan and add the garlic, shallots, and crushed red pepper flakes. Reduce heat a little and saute garlic and shallots 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine to the pan and free up any pan drippings. Reduce wine 1 minute, then add stock, tomatoes and saffron threads. When liquids come to a bubble, add shrimp and cook 3 minutes. Return scallops to the pan and cook shrimp and scallops 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer shrimp and scallops to a warm serving dish and top with basil and lemon zest. Pass plenty of bread to enjoy the juices.
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP SAUTé
- Melt butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic cloves and sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to high, add sliced mushrooms and sauté until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir 30 seconds. Add dry white wine and fresh lemon juice and bring to boil. Add shrimp and sliced green onions and stir 1 minute. Add scallops and stir until shrimp and scallops and stir until shrimp and scallops are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS (WW)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil; reduce the heat and keep at a simmer.
- Place another medium saucepan over medium heat 30 seconds; heat the oil 30 seconds more.
- Add the onion; cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the rice; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add the wine and 1/2 cup of the broth; cook, stirring constantly, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is absorbed before adding more broth, until all but 1 cup of the broth has been used.
- Add the remaining cup of broth, the shrimp and scallops; cook, stirring constantly, 6-8 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed, the shrimp are pink, the scallops are just opaque and the mixture is creamy.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, thyme and pepper.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates and serve at once.
- SERVING (1 CUP) PROVIDES: 1 Fat, 1/4 Vegetable, 2 Proteins, 1 3/4 Breads, 80 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 420 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 112 mg Cholesterol, 341 mg Sodium, 45 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 31 g Protein, 107 mg Calcium, 9 points.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 457.7, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 133.6, Sodium 313.6, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 2, Protein 34.9
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP STIR-FRY
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and onion; stir-fry until tender yet still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt remaining butter in the same skillet. Stir-fry shrimp and scallops until almost opaque, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute more. Return cooked vegetables to the skillet; stir in lemon juice. Cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.6 g, Cholesterol 135.8 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 600.8 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN WINE SAUCE
Looking for a hearty dinner? Then check out this shrimp and scallops dish that is ready in just 30 minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, onions, carrots and parsley in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and firm and scallops are white.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 350 mg
SAUTEED SCALLOPS & SHRIMP PASTA
I created this tempting seafood pasta for my wife. It's a terrific meal served with crusty sourdough. If you don't like spice, skip the red pepper flakes. -George Levinthal, Goleta, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pat shrimp and scallops dry; sprinkle with seafood seasoning., In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms about 3 minutes. Add peas; cook until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove. Add shallots and 1 tablespoon butter; cook and stir until starting to soften, 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until ready to serve., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pan. Over low heat, stir in 1/4 cup parsley, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, mushroom mixture and remaining butter, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and shrimp; sear until scallops are golden brown and firm and shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Combine with pasta and sauce; sprinkle with remaining parsley., ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733 calories, Fat 35g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 210mg cholesterol, Sodium 1263mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 47g protein.
More about "shrimp and scallops veracruz ww recipes"
SHRIMP VERACRUZ | RECIPES | WW USA - WEIGHT WATCHERS
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, jalapeno and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes. Add shrimp; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; reduce heat to low and simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro; simmer 1 to 2 more minutes so flavors blend. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
SHRIMP VERACRUZ | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
Cuisine Tex-MexCategory LunchServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, jalapeno and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Simmer 1 to 2 more minutes so flavors blend. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
ONE PAN NEW ORLEANS-STYLE BBQ SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
SOY-WASABI SHRIMP AND SCALLOP SKEWERS | RECIPES | WW USA
PORTUGUESE FISH AND SHRIMP RICE RECIPE
SAUTéED SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS RECIPE - OH, THAT'S GOOD!
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP - TASTETORONTO
GARLIC SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS - BIGOVEN
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS (AND GARLIC!)
CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS - THE BLOND COOK
10 BEST WW SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPE - SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS VERACRUZ
CALABRIAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
SHRIMP VERACRUZ SHRIMP VERACRUZ IS AN EASY-TO-MAKE ... - GRAB A …
TUSCAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS - COOKED BY JULIE
WW SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS VERACRUZ | LARGE SHRIMP, …
20 SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
WW SCALLOPS RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CARRABBA’S SHRIMP AND SCALLOP LINGUINE ALLA VODKA RECIPE
SHRIMP & SCALLOP CIOPPINO RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
SIMPLE SHRIMP AND BAY SCALLOPS RECIPE - TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
WEIGHT WATCHERS - ORIENTAL SHRIMP & SCALLOPS CALORIES, CARBS ...
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN A LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - FOR THE LOVE OF …
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP CREOLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP JAMBALAYA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VERACRUZ SHRIMP COCKTAIL - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS VERACRUZ WW RECIPE - GENIUS …
RECIPE: VERACRUZ-STYLE SHRIMP & VEGETABLES WITH LEMON FARRO
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP SCAMPI RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
WEIGHT WATCHERS - ORIENTAL SHRIMP & SCALLOPS CALORIES, CARBS ...
10 BEST SEA SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: VERACRUZ-STYLE SHRIMP WITH VEGETABLES & BROWN RICE
SHEET PAN GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP & SCALLOPS - DASH OF JAZZ
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp with scallops and spinach?Season the shrimp and scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove them from the skillet. Add some butter and shallots to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the spinach and red crushed pepper, season with salt and pepper.
What is Tuscan shrimp and scallops?This Tuscan shrimp and scallops is succulent shrimp, scallops, and fresh spinach, tossed in a creamy parmesan sauce. I love quick and easy recipes such as creamy garlic shrimp, creamy garlic scallops, and this creamy Tuscan shrimp and scallops. Whenever I want to impress my family and friends with restaurant-quality meals, I make them this dish.
How do you cook shrimp with scallops and lime juice?Remove the shrimp and scallops with a slotted spoon, place on a platter; set aside and keep warm. Add the lime juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste to the pan and just heat through. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and scallops and serve immediately.
How to cook sea scallops in a pan?Directions. Lightly coat the sea scallops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Discard remaining flour. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil (1 turn around the pan) and butter. When butter melts into oil, add scallops. Brown scallops 2 minutes on each side,...