Found this recipe in Food Network magazine - looks so good, I found several "chicken" Francese recipes here but none for shrimp. I love shrimp and this sounds like one I really enjoy. The salt and pepper is to taste, but I had to guess at the amount to post
Provided by Bonnie G 2
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Butterfly shrimp: Make deep cut along outer curved edges then spread open like a book. Pat dry.
- Whisk eggs with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon of parsley in bowl.
- Heat about 1/8 inch olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put flour in shallow bowl. Working in batches, dredge shrimp in flour, dip in egg mixture and add to skillet cut-side down; fry, turning until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Pour out any oil from skillet and wipe clean.
- Add broth, wine and lemon juice and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Add tomatoes and cook until sauce is slightly reduced, 4 minutes.
- Push tomatoes to one side; whisk in butter a few pieces at a time.
- Stir in shrimp and remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Meanwhile, put spinach in microwave safe bowl, sprinkle with water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce plastic; microwave until wilted, 3-5 minutes.
- Divide spinach and shrimp mixture among plates and top with sauce.
SHRIMP FRANCESE OVER LINGUINE
A delicious dish of lightly-battered shrimp in a lemon-wine sauce served over pasta. This shrimp Francese is simply delicious! Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Provided by TJW2
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pasta Shrimp
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Bring chicken broth, wine, butter, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the water and cornstarch mixture, 1 teaspoon at a time, until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- While sauce is heating, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Coat shrimp with flour, then with beaten egg.
- Heat oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Pan-fry shrimp in the hot oil until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, working in batches if needed.
- Add cooked shrimp to the finished sauce. Place a serving of pasta on each plate; add about 5 shrimp and a few spoonfuls of sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.3 calories, Carbohydrate 56.8 g, Cholesterol 345 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 845.8 mg, Sugar 3.2 g
Our fast take on an Italian-American classic. Francese is usually made with battered chicken or veal but shrimp is even more delicious in the buttery lemon and white wine sauce.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Seafood Recipes Shrimp Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Slice each shrimp along the back to open (butterfly) slightly. Whisk together eggs and cheese in a shallow dish; place flour in another shallow dish. Dredge shrimp lightly in flour, then coat completely in egg mixture.
- Whisk together broth, wine, and lemon juice; set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil, then butter. Cook shrimp in 2 single-layer batches, adding more oil between batches as needed, until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side; transfer each batch to a plate when done. Pour broth mixture into skillet and cook, swirling skillet, until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon slices and parsley, and pour over shrimp. Serve immediately.
Make and share this French Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Marie
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Chop parsley and combine with garlic, shallot and butter (not melted).
- Blend well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Clean and butterfly shrimp.
- Over medium heat, add small amount of oil to skillet.
- When hot, dip shrimp into egg, then fry for about 2 minutes.
- Do not overcrowd and be careful not to overcook; do in batches.
- Place shrimp in oven-proof casserole dish.
- Melt butter mixture and pour over shrimp.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until very hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 705.3, Fat 52.7, SaturatedFat 30.7, Cholesterol 573.4, Sodium 714.1, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 0.5, Protein 51
DATE NIGHT SHRIMP FRANCESE OVER ANGEL HAIR PASTA
This elegant dinner comes together in less than 30 minutes, and is a fabulous dinner to serve for date night at home, or for a dinner party, and even if you're doing dinner solo it's still an awesome meal to enjoy - just adjust the ingredient quantities.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Categories Pasta and Noodles Pasta by Shape Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, butterfly shrimp, and lightly press open.
- Mix flour, salt, garlic, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Reserve 2 tablespoons flour mixture and set aside. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture until well coated, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and allow to get hot. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the hot oil, add shrimp, and cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a pan lined with a drip rack and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the same skillet and stir in reserved flour mixture. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, but be careful so it doesn't burn. Add chicken broth and white wine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, and add cream and lemon juice. Stir and cook until sauce has slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until melted.
- Divide pasta into serving bowls, top with lemon sauce, and 4 to 5 shrimp per serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 705.4 calories, Carbohydrate 66 g, Cholesterol 225.4 mg, Fat 34.3 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 30.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 1322.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
More about "shrimp francese recipes"
FOOD FOR WINE: SHRIMP FRANCESE - WINE4FOOD
SHRIMP FRANCESE - COLAVITA RECIPES
CLASSIC SHRIMP FRANCESE - PALEO ON THE GO
SHRIMP FRANCAISE RECIPE ON FOOD52
RACHAEL'S FISH FRANCESE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
10 BEST FRENCH SHRIMP COOKING RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP FRANCESE NOT JUST FOR FOOD GEEKS ANYMORE
SHRIMP FRANCAIS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SHRIMP FRANCESE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE …
SHRIMP FRANCESE | SIPPITYSUP
SHRIMP FRANCESE (GAMBERI ALLA FRANCESE) RECIPE - EAT YOUR BOOKS
SHRIMP FRANCESE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SHRIMP FRANCESE JUST SOUNDS FANCY; IT'S SIMPLE AND NUTRITIOUS
SHRIMP FRANCESE | PUNCHFORK
SHRIMP FRANCAISE RECIPE ON FOOD52 - EASY RECIPES
PAPA SAL SHRIMP FRANCAISE RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
SHRIMP FRANCESE RECIPE - SHRIMP FRANCESE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK …
BEST SHRIMP FRA DIAVOLO (20 MINUTS) | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
SHRIMP FRANCESE - BIGOVEN.COM
SHRIMP FRANCESE – RECIPES NETWORK
SHRIMP FRANCESE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SHRIMP FRANCESE – FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN
SHRIMP FRANCESE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
FILLET OF SOLE AND SHRIMP FRANCESE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE ...
SHRIMP FRANCESE | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, SHRIMP FRANCESE, …
SHRIMP FRANCESE - WINE4FOOD
VEAL FRANCESE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SHRIMP FRANCESE OVER LINGUINE | RECIPE IN 2022 - PINTEREST
SHRIMP FRANCESE - YOUTUBE
SHRIMP FLORENTINE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER - DINNER IN LESS THAN 30 …
SHRIMP FRANCESCA - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHRIMP FRANCESE (30 MINUTE MEAL) - FOODIEANDWINE.COM
RAO'S SHRIMP FRANCESE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SHRIMP FRANCESE - PLAIN.RECIPES
CHICKEN FRANCESE - CLASSIC ITALIAN-AMERICAN RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP FRA DIAVOLO | TASTE OF HOME
CLASSIC SHRIMP FRANCAISE - YOUTUBE
SHRIMP QUICHE RECIPE: FILLED WITH SHRIMP AND A RICH EGG CUSTARD
SHRIMP FRANCESE - PLAIN.RECIPES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love