SHRIMP FRIED RICE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook, without stirring, until almost set, about 1 minute. Flip the egg pancake with a rubber spatula and cook until just set on the other side, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and set aside. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp and ginger and stir-fry until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add the snow peas, carrots and scallions and continue to stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Add the rice and soy sauce mixture and stir-fry until warmed through. Stir in the egg strips and divide among bowls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calorie, Fat 12 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 194 milligrams, Sodium 431 milligrams, Carbohydrate 43 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 20 grams
EASY HOMEMADE SHRIMP FRIED RICE
This is a quick and easy shrimp fried rice recipe that my kids all love! This recipe is best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Reheat gently, as desired.
Provided by MonkeyMama
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat sesame oil and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet using a slotted spoon, allowing oils and cooking juices to remain in the skillet. Place shrimp on a plate and set aside.
- Add peas and carrots and corn to the skillet and cook, stirring intermittently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Push vegetables to the side of the skillet, pour eggs into the other side, and cook to scramble, stirring as necessary, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir shrimp, rice, and green onions into the skillet. Drizzle evenly with soy sauce, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook until shrimp is reheated through, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551.5 calories, Carbohydrate 63.9 g, Cholesterol 312.1 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 30.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 971.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
EASY SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Pour olive oil in skillet over medium/high heat. Stir-fry shrimp until pink. Set aside when done.
- Melt butter in skillet, add yellow onion, sauté.
- Add green onion and soy sauce. Mix in rice and make sure its evenly coated.
- Stir in shrimp and fry until steamy hot (don't let it get mushy).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with chicken stir-fry or eat by itself.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557.8, Fat 37.9, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 203.9, Sodium 2858.5, Carbohydrate 32.4, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 1.8, Protein 22.1
SHRIMP FRIED RICE
This delectable shrimp fried rice is filled with color and taste that makes it vanish fast. Our family of four can't get enough of it. Bacon adds crispness and a hint of heartiness. Consider it when you need a different main dish or brunch item. -Sandra Thompson, White Hall, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs and keep warm., Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add the rice, vegetables and shrimp; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Meanwhile, chop eggs into small pieces. Return eggs to the pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 236mg cholesterol, Sodium 422mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- In a medium saucepan, bring 8 cups salted water to a boil. Add rice, and boil until tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Using a fine-mesh sieve, drain and immediately rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- While rice is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add eggs; cook until set, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer eggs to a cutting board (reserve skillet). Cool eggs, then cut into 2-by-1/4-inch strips.
- In reserved skillet, heat remaining teaspoon oil over medium. Add shrimp, carrots, scallion whites, garlic, and ginger. Cook, tossing frequently, until shrimp are opaque and carrots are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, soy sauce, lime juice, and cooked rice. Cook, tossing, to heat rice through, about 1 minute. Serve garnished with scallion greens.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 30 g
CHINESE FRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP
This was my mother's favorite way to use up leftover white rice. It really doesn't taste like the fried rice you get at a restaurant, but it still a great meal. I typically throw in whatever vegetables I have in my kitchen, and leave out the shrimp or chicken. I also cut this down to accommodate the amount of rice I have. Cooking time does not include making rice, chicken or shrimp since this is usually made out of leftovers.
Provided by karen
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make rice in advance and refrigerate.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Stir in the rice until lightly browned, pressing out any lumps.
- Mix in the scallions, salt, pepper and shrimp or chicken. Saute for 1 minute.
- Make a well in the center of the rice and pour the egg into it, stirring until barely set.
- Stir egg into the rice mixture.
- Add the parsley and soy sauce and stir. Cook 1 more minute and serve immediately.
- For Vegetarian omit both the chicken and the shrimp.
SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and cook, turning once, until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in same skillet; add scallion whites, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat. Cook until rice is crisp, about 2 minutes. Push rice to one side of skillet; add eggs to other side and cook, stirring and working into rice mixture, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add edamame, peas, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and cooked shrimp. Cook, tossing constantly, until shrimp and vegetables are heated through, about 1 minute. Top with scallion greens.
HOMEMADE SHRIMP FRIED RICE
Growing up in Manhattan, I got spoiled by authentic Chinatown fried rice. Now living in the south, I've yet to find a restaurant that serves fried rice as good as I grew up with. The combination of ingredients in this recipe is so fantastic, I now prefer to make my own fried rice at home.-Katherine White, Clemmons, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes. Transfer 3 tablespoons to a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Set aside remaining soy sauce mixture. , In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and pepper in 1 tablespoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside., Drain shrimp and discard marinade. In the same skillet, stir-fry shrimp in remaining canola and sesame oil for 5-6 minutes or until they turn pink. Remove and set aside., Add rice, reserved soy sauce mixture and salt to the pan; cook 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring to break up rice and coat evenly. Stir in green onions, cilantro, onion-pepper mixture and shrimp; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 calories, Fat 18g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 1208mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
SHRIMP FRIED RICE II
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside and allow rice to cool.
- Heat a large skillet or wok for 2 minutes. When the skillet or wok is hot, pour in vegetable oil, bean sprouts and onions. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix in cooled rice and shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Mix in green onions, eggs, salt, pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook for another 4 minutes, stirring continuously, until eggs are cooked and everything is blended evenly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 483.4 calories, Carbohydrate 60.3 g, Cholesterol 186.6 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 1637.6 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
More about "shrimp fried rice recipes"
10 BEST SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
4.8/5 (48)Calories 419 per serving
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, cornstarch: In a medium bowl, sprinkle the shrimp with salt, pepper, and cornstarch, and toss to coat. Set aside to sit for ten minutes at room temperature.
- Heat pan on high heat: Heat a large sauté pan or wok (a seasoned cast iron pan or hard anodized aluminum works well, they're relatively stick free and can take the heat) on high heat.
- Sear shrimp on both sides: Add the shrimp to the hot pan, spreading them out quickly in a single layer. Let them fry in the pan without moving them, for 30 seconds.
- Cook beaten eggs, slightly runny: Return the pan to the burner and lower the heat to medium. Add a little more oil if the pan needs it. Add the beaten eggs and stir them quickly to scramble them while they cook.
- Sauté green onions, add rice: Clean out the pan or wok with paper towels and return it to the burner. Heat the pan on high and when it is hot, swirl in the remaining tablespoon or two of oil.
- Add soy sauce, carrots, peas, shrimp, eggs, sesame oil: Sprinkle soy sauce on the rice and stir to combine. Add the carrots, peas, shrimp, eggs, and sesame oil, stirring to combine well.
BEST SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP FRIED RICE
5/5 (4)Category Dinner
SHRIMP FRIED RICE - THE SEASONED MOM
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - FRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP | DINNER ...
SPICY SHRIMP FRIED RICE - SKINNYTASTE
EASY SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - EVOLVING TABLE
CAULIFLOWER SHRIMP FRIED RICE WITH CHILI OIL - RECIPEMAGIK
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
AUTHENTIC CHINESE SHRIMP FRIED RICE | SAVORY BITES RECIPES ...
SHRIMP FRIED RICE - DAMN DELICIOUS
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - THE BEST SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
SHRIMP FRIED RICE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
EASY 20 MINUTE SHRIMP FRIED RICE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
EASY SHRIMP FRIED RICE - I WASH YOU DRY
SHRIMP FRIED RICE (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT) - RASA MALAYSIA
CAJUN SHRIMP FRIED RICE – US FOOD NETWORK
EASY BETTER-THAN-TAKEOUT SHRIMP FRIED RICE - AVERIE COOKS
SHRIMP FRIED RICE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SHRIMP FRIED RICE - FLAVORFUL EASY FRIED RICE RECIPE WITH ...
BETTER THAN TAKEOUT SHRIMP FRIED RICE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SHRIMP FRIED RICE – A COUPLE COOKS
SHRIMP FRIED RICE | EASY HOMEMADE RECIPE - FEELGOODFOODIE
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SHRIMP FRIED RICE (EASY 20-MIN RECIPE) - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
SHRIMP FRIED RICE - JESSICA GAVIN
EASY ONE PAN SHRIMP FRIED RICE - THE BUSY BAKER
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE PIONEER WOMAN - CHEFS & RECIPES
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - COOP CAN COOK
SHRIMP FRIED RICE WITH GINGER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SHRIMP FRIED RICE RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
SHRIMP & EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SHRIMP FRIED RICE - COOKING CLASSY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #side-dishes #rice #seafood #shrimp #pasta-rice-and-grains #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp and rice for stir fry?Directions. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Add carrots and peppers and sauté, 3 minutes, then add shrimp and cook, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice and peas and and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté for 2 more minutes. Push rice to one side of the skillet and add the egg.
What do you put in shrimp fried rice?This recipe for shrimp fried rice is a classic, but you add, delete and vary ingredients to make it your own. Vegetables: For a heavy on the vegetable shrimp fried rice, add diced peppers or sautéed mushrooms, and zucchini. You can also use broccoli, cauliflower. Cabbage, green beans or sugar snap peas.
How many shrimps are there in a portion of fried rice?There will be hardly 3 to 4 shrimps in a single portion of fried rice but when you cook at home you will be able to add as much quantity of protein you like. This recipe is very customizable - add your choice of protein,seafood you like- go for Chicken/Pork/Beef or Squids/Clams/Mussels you like to add.
What is the best way to make fried shrimp?3 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoons sesame oil 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder 1/2 teaspoon white pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 onion, diced