GARLIC SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
This elegant dish brings out the flavors of both the shrimp and the scallops. I recommend that this is served over pasta. You can get both the Shrimp and Scallops from www.BigEasySeafood.com.
Provided by Sarah Close
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until it begins to brown.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the pepper flakes to the skillet and increase the heat to medium high.
- Add the garlic, shrimp, scallops, and paprika.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops with a slotted spoon, place on a platter; set aside and keep warm.
- Add the lime juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste to the pan and just heat through.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and scallops and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133.2, Fat 2.8, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 105.2, Sodium 226.6, Carbohydrate 4.2, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.2, Protein 21.9
SHRIMP OR SCALLOPS IN GARLIC BUTTER
This dish is really quick, and easy to prepare, but its filled with terrific, rich flavor. I've made it with both the shrimp and the scallops, and both worked very well.
Provided by Kozmic Blues
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat.
- When butter begins to foam, add the garlic paste and shallot and saute for a minute or two, to soften a bit.
- Add the seafood of your choice: For the shrimp, saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- For the scallops, saute 3-5 minutes, or until scallops turn opaque.
- Once the seafood is cooked through, remove to a plate and cover.
- Add the sherry to the melted butter and warm through for about a minute or two.
- Pour sauce over seafood, top with parsley, and serve.
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
- In a large saute pan, heat 1/4 cup oil and cook garlic and shallot until translucent, about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the wine, and add parsley, basil and thyme and let the liquid reduce by half. Using a fine strainer, strain the reduction into a clean saucepan and add the cream. Over low heat, let the sauce reduce to medium thickness. To the now empty saute pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute scallops, cook until opaque and remove to a utility platter in a warm place. Then use the same pan to saute shrimp just until pink, and remove to the utility platter. Add cream sauce to saute pan to toss the drained pasta or rice with the cream sauce and seafood, reserving a few scallops and shrimp for the top. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with cheese, as garnish. Arrange shrimp and scallops on top and garnish with basil sprigs.
SAUTEED SCALLOPS & SHRIMP PASTA
I created this tempting seafood pasta for my wife. It's a terrific meal served with crusty sourdough. If you don't like spice, skip the red pepper flakes. -George Levinthal, Goleta, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pat shrimp and scallops dry; sprinkle with seafood seasoning., In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms about 3 minutes. Add peas; cook until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove. Add shallots and 1 tablespoon butter; cook and stir until starting to soften, 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until ready to serve., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pan. Over low heat, stir in 1/4 cup parsley, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, mushroom mixture and remaining butter, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and shrimp; sear until scallops are golden brown and firm and shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Combine with pasta and sauce; sprinkle with remaining parsley., ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733 calories, Fat 35g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 210mg cholesterol, Sodium 1263mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 47g protein.
More about "shrimp or scallops in garlic butter recipes"
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP - TASTETORONTO
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Main Dishes
- Preheat a large cast iron pan on high heat and lightly season both sides of the scallops and shrimp with salt and black pepper.
- Add the vegetable oil to the preheated pan and begin searing the scallops and shrimp in the pan until each side is evenly browned, approximately 1-1 ½ minutes per side (it may be necessary to do this in rounds so as to not overcrowd the pan). Once all scallops and shrimp have been cooked remove them to a serving platter and set aside.
- Turn the heat of the pan down to medium, add in half of the cold butter, it will start to sizzle and brown immediately, add in the minced garlic and stir the garlic for about 5-10 seconds, being sure not to allow it to burn. Immediately add in the white wine and scrape up all of the browned bits stuck to the pan, reduce the wine by half.
- Once the wine has reduced, turn the heat off at this point and swirl in the remainder of the cold butter. Stir vigorously until all of the butter has been incorporated. Mix in the chopped parsley and pour the entire sauce mixture over the cooked scallops and shrimp. Serve immediately alongside lemon wedges.
GARLIC AND BUTTER GRILLED SCALLOPS & SHRIMP - THE …
3.6/5 (112)Total Time 15 minsServings 4Calories 190 per serving
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS (AND GARLIC!)
LOBSTER AND SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE …
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN A LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - FOR THE …
GARLIC BUTTER STEAK & SCALLOP RECIPE | DAMN DELICIOUS
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - I HEART RECIPES
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH CILANTRO AND LIME - INSPIRED …
GARLIC SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS - BIGOVEN
LIDIA BASTIANICH'S SHRIMP AND SCALLOP GRATIN RECIPE
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOP RECIPE | DAMN DELICIOUS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BASIL BUTTER - INSPIRED TASTE
LEMON GARLIC PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS - WELL SEASONED
HONEY GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS | THE BLOND COOK
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER | HANK …
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER - DINNER AT THE ZOO
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER | WHOLESOME YUM
BAY SCALLOPS WITH SHRIMP SCAMPI OVER LINGUINE - ROSALIE SERVING
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN A LEMON, GARLIC AND HONEY SAUCE
KETO SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP RECIPE - LADY KETO GENIE
SHEET PAN GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP & SCALLOPS - DASH OF JAZZ
GARLIC AND BUTTER GRILLED SCALLOPS &... - INCREDIBLE RECIPES
AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP RECIPE - THE RECIPE CRITIC
SAUTéED SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS RECIPE - OH, THAT'S GOOD!
GARLICKY BUTTERY SCALLOPS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP PASTA - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER BAKED SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP #FISHFRIDAYFOODIES
SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP IN GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE — XO, JO
GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS RECIPE - PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GARLIC BUTTER (USE FRESH OR FROZEN SCALLOPS ...
20 SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TUSCAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS - COOKED BY JULIE
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP PASTA WITH GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
BUBBA GUMP SHRIMP COMPANY STUFFED SHRIMP RECIPE
SHRIMP OR SCALLOPS IN GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
AIR FRYER SCALLOPS - DR. DAVINAH'S EATS
10 BEST SHRIMP SCALLOPS RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST SHRIMP SCALLOP CRAB RECIPES | YUMMLY
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SCALLOPS - CAFE DELITES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #easy #shrimp #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #scallops #low-in-something #shellfish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp with scallops?Directions. Pat the shrimp and scallops dry, then season with salt and pepper. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to the pan and cook the shrimp until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp and add half of the garlic; cook until the garlic is fragrant but the shrimp are still translucent, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
How to cook scallops in butter?Lobster and Shrimp and Scallops in Butter Garlic Sauce courtesy of foodsogoodmall.com ½ lb. sea scallops, cut into 4ths. Add the butter and olive oil to a large sauté pan using medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute, then add the garlic. Sauté for another minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
What are lemon garlic butter scallops?These crispy, pan seared and juicy Lemon Garlic Butter Scallops are the ultimate treat when it comes to scallop recipes! Serve as a starter or main, nothing melts in your mouth quite like tender-crisp and buttery scallops. With so many shrimp recipes on this site, it was high time I gave the mic over to scallops. And what a recipe to kick us off!
How do you cook scallops in Sherry?Add the seafood of your choice: For the shrimp, saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. For the scallops, saute 3-5 minutes, or until scallops turn opaque. Once the seafood is cooked through, remove to a plate and cover. Add the sherry to the melted butter and warm through for about a minute or two.