EASY ITALIAN SHRIMP & POLENTA
This Gluten Free Italian Shrimp & Polenta Recipe is made entirely in a rice cooker in only 29 minutes for an easy meal with very little clean up!
Provided by Whitney Bond
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add the chicken broth to the rice cooker.
- Add the cornmeal, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp, dried oregano and 1 tsp dried parsley, stir everything together.
- Turn the rice cooker on to simmer and set timer for 20 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with the olive oil, kosher salt and remaining ½ tsp dried basil, ½ tsp dried oregano and ½ tsp dried parsley.
- Place the shrimp in the steamer basket and after the polenta has cooked for 8 minutes, add the steamer basket to the rice cooker.
- Close for the remaining 12 minutes to steam the shrimp.
- When the timer beeps, open the rice cooker and remove the shrimp.
- Stir the half and half and parmesan cheese into the polenta.
- Spoon the polenta into a bowl or plate, top with the shrimp, and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes or fresh chopped basil, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 4 g, Calories 299 kcal, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 19 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 152 mg, Sodium 1700 mg, Fiber 4 g
SHRIMP & POLENTA ITALIAN BOWL #RAGU
Ragú® Recipe Contest Entry. This is the perfect family meal it's hardy and packed with flavors the Ragu chunky mushroom sauce is the perfect base for the cheesy and creamy polenta with cilantro sautéed jumbo shrimp top with crispy bacon.
Provided by joseel
Yield 5 , 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut bacon into ¼ inch cubes add to a deep medium non-stick pan sauté on medium high heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon place on paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Discard bacon fat from pan reserving 1 tablespoon add shrimp and cilantro to bacon fat and sauté on medium high until shrimp turn pink remove shrimp and set aside to the same pan add Raju sauce stir to pick up the flavors of bacon fat and cilantro reduce heat to medium cover and let it warm up.
- While sauce is warming up in a medium pan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil, and gradually stir in polenta. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently to prevent sticking until mixture thicken and is creamy add butter and cheese mix until well incorporated.
- To serve add ½ cup sauce to 5 bowls top each with equal amount of polenta, 3 shrimp each and sprinkle with equal amount of cooked bacon you may garnish with additional cilantro serve immediately.
CREAMY POLENTA AND GARLIC LEMON SHRIMP #RAGU
Make and share this Creamy Polenta and Garlic Lemon Shrimp #Ragu recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Yvetta L.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine the Ragu Sauce, garlic cloves and ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes, (without draining the oil as you spoon it out of the jar), in the bowl of a food processor and process for several seconds. The mixture won't be completely smooth but the tomato pieces should be very fine and the garlic completely blended inches Reserve until complete with the polenta and shrimp portion of this meal.
- To prepare the polenta: Combine the polenta, stock, water, sage and herbs in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it boils, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the polenta starts to separate from the sides of the pan, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the butter, parmesan and goat cheeses and cheese two minutes until the butter and cheese have melted and been incorporated into the polenta. Transfer the cooked polenta to four serving dishes.
- To prepare the shrimps: Marinate in lemon juice and salt for a few minutes before cooking. Cook the shrimps in olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until just pink.
- To finish off the sauce: Transfer the sauce mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Add a pinch of sugar as you heat the to give the sauce a nice balance.
- Turn off the heat, transfer to a bowl and stir in the olive oil. Spoon the sauce over the warmed, cooked polenta, top with shrimps and garnish with fresh arugula.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410.8, Fat 13.5, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 172.8, Sodium 1272.2, Carbohydrate 45, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 6.3, Protein 29.2
GRILLED SHRIMP AND POLENTA
This play on shrimp and grits uses store-bought polenta, because the last thing you want to do when it's hot is stand over a pot of steaming cornmeal. The shrimp, polenta, and grape tomatoes all grill together in just a few minutes and then get topped with a spicy butter that melts into a luscious sauce for the hot shrimp.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Zest the lemon into a mixing bowl and add the butter, hot sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined. Gently stir in half of the parsley, reserving the remaining parsley for garnish. Cut the zested lemon into wedges and reserve.
- Prepare a grill or grill pan or for high heat. Lightly oil the grill grates. Thread the tomatoes on the skewers, about 7 tomatoes per skewer. (If using wooden skewers, leave just 1/2 inch of the skewer sticking out on each end so you do not have to soak them). Brush 1 tablespoon of the oil on the tomatoes and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of the polenta rounds with 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the skewered tomatoes on the hot grill and cook, turning occasionally, until they are lightly charred in spots and have started to burst, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the polenta on the grill and cook until lightly charred with distinct grill marks, about 5 minutes per side, flipping once using a flat metal spatula. (Be careful not to flip the polenta too early because it will stick to the grill if it is not ready.) Remove from the heat and reserve.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred in spots on both sides and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes total. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- By this time, the grape tomatoes should be ready to take off the grill as well. Carefully remove the tomatoes from the skewers and place directly into a small bowl. Use the back of a pair of tongs or a spoon to lightly smash the tomatoes so that they release their juices.
- Place 3 pieces of polenta on each plate. In the center of the polenta, spoon a quarter of the tomatoes along with their juices, one quarter of the shrimp and a large dollop of the reserved butter mixture (if it doesn't melt, touch the business end of a pair of tongs to the grill, and then to the butter to finish melting). Garnish with the reserved parsley and wedges of lemon for squeezing on top of each serving.
- Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
CHEF JOHN'S DEVILED SHRIMP RAGU
This subtly sweet, fairly fiery shrimp ragu served over my creamy corn custard would make a fantastic first course for any dinner, and it's certainly rich enough to be enjoyed as a entree. You can also pour this over rice or noodles with complete confidence.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Seafood Shellfish Shrimp
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place shrimp shells into a saucepan with bay leaf and 1 pinch of smoked paprika over medium-low heat; cook and stir shells until they turn pink, about 5 minutes. Pour in water, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer shrimp stock for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice, ketchup, brown sugar, ground chipotle pepper, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic, 1 pinch of salt, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Strain shrimp stock into a bowl; discard shells and bay leaf. Whisk shrimp stock into ketchup mixture and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until small wisps of smoke rise from the skillet. Cook shrimp in the hot oil until bottom sides of shrimp are seared and browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp stock mixture and cook until shrimp are opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a bowl using a slotted spoon, leaving sauce in skillet.
- Bring sauce to a boil and cook until sauce has reduced and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in cold butter, turn off heat, and let residual heat of pan melt butter. Stir until butter has incorporated into sauce and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir shrimp into sauce and toss with chives. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 146.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.2 g, Cholesterol 93.9 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 269.7 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
VEGAN POLENTA WITH RAGU
Benvenuto, meatless Monday! This is a vegan adaptation of traditional Italian creamy polenta and thick ragu full of vegetable proteins. Bake leftover polenta slices and top with any leftover ragu for bite-sized appetizers.
Provided by Buckwheat Queen
Categories Side Dish Grain Side Dish Recipes Polenta Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine boiling water and lentils in a bowl and set aside for 1 hour. Combine texturized vegetable protein and broth in a separate bowl and set aside until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a stew pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, and hot pepper. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add drained lentils and undrained texturized vegetable protein. Stir and add oregano and bay leaf. Add red wine and continue stirring, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes. Stir and simmer ragu until thickened and lentils are soft, 5 to 10 minutes; add a bit more water if needed.
- Bring vegetable broth, water, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle polenta into the water, stirring constantly to ensure there are no lumps. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Add vegan butter, stirring constantly.
- Distribute polenta evenly among 4 pasta bowls. Remove bay leaf from ragu and discard. Top each bowl with equal amounts of ragu. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon vegan white cheese over each bowl and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 714.6 calories, Carbohydrate 77.3 g, Cholesterol 3.3 mg, Fat 25.1 g, Fiber 23 g, Protein 44.1 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 1981.1 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
More about "shrimp polenta italian bowl ragu recipes"
VERY SOFT POLENTA WITH ROCK SHRIMP RAGOUT RECIPE - FOOD …
5/5 Total Time 25 minsServings 8
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to a boil with the sugar. Whisk in the polenta in a thin stream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt. Press a piece of parchment or wax paper directly onto the surface of the polenta and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the scallions and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until slightly darkened, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and 1/4 cup of water and simmer over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Add the shrimp and simmer, stirring, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Rewarm the polenta over moderately high heat, whisking constantly. Spoon a pool of polenta in the center of 8 shallow bowls. Spoon the shrimp and sauce over and around the polenta and serve right away.
CREAMY POLENTA AND GARLIC SPICED SHRIMP - DISH IT GIRL RECIPE BOX
PARMESAN POLENTA WITH QUICK RAGU RECIPE | MYRECIPES
POLENTA AND VEGETABLE RAGOUT RECIPE | WILLIAMS SONOMA TASTE
SHRIMP & POLENTA ITALIAN BOWL #RAGU - PLAIN.RECIPES
POLENTA AND SAUSAGE RAGU RECIPE | MUTTI US
SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM RAGU POLENTA BOARD RECIPE - STEAMY …
RAGù FINTO WITH CHEESE POLENTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST SHRIMP WITH POLENTA RECIPES - YUMMLY
VENETIAN SHRIMP WITH POLENTA RECIPE - DAVID MCCANN | FOOD & WINE
CREAMY POLENTA WITH MUSHROOM RAGU - VEGAN HUGGS
5-INGREDIENT ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU WITH POLENTA | RECIPE - KITCHEN …
ITALIAN-STYLE "SHRIMP AND GRITS" WITH POLENTA - TASTE
SPICY SHRIMP OVER CREAMY POLENTA - NUTMEG NANNY
POLENTA AND SHRIMP, A MARRIAGE OF LAND AND SEA - THE NEW YORK …
BAKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU WITH POLENTA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICY SHRIMP WITH CREAMY POLENTA - DELISH
POLENTA SQUARES WITH MUSHROOM RAGU - FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE POLENTA WITH MUSHROOM RAGù - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
POLENTA WITH ITALIAN VEGETABLE RAGU - READY SET EAT
ITALIAN-STYLE GRILLED SHRIMP AND POLENTA - GARLIC & ZEST
ITALIAN SHRIMP AND POLENTA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SHRIMP & POLENTA ITALIAN BOWL - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
POLENTA WITH RAGù RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
SHRIMP AND POLENTA - DELICIOUS WEEKNIGHT DINNER - COOKTHESTORY
BAKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU WITH POLENTA RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
CURRIED SHRIMP AND POLENTA RAGU RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
RUSTIC ITALIAN BOWLS RECIPE - RAGú
ITALIAN SAUSAGE POLENTA RECIPE + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
10 BEST PASTA SHRIMP WITH RAGU SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
SAUSAGE RAGU AND CREAMY, CHEESY POLENTA | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
POLENTA RAGU CASSEROLE RECIPE - PUREWOW
VEGAN POLENTA WITH RAGU - POLENTA RECIPES
BAKED POLENTA SQUARES WITH MUSHROOM RAGU & CHEESE - ITALIAN …
CHEESY POLENTA WITH SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP - ENJOY LIFE INSPIRED
CREAMY SOFT POLENTA WITH MEAT RAGù RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
ROASTED SHRIMP AND TOMATOES WITH ROASTED GARLIC PARMESAN …
RECIPE: BAKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGù WITH POLENTA - FOOD NEWS
BEEF SHIN RAGU WITH CREAMY POLENTA | BEEF RECIPES - JAMIE OLIVER
SHRIMP AND POLENTA - THE KIDNEY DIETITIAN
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love