Shrimp is easier to prep than lobster but still special-occasion-worthy. Dressed with mayo that's been fancied up with lemon, tarragon and scallions, it's served on grilled hot dog buns.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 10
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high, and add shrimp. Poach until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes (the water should never return to a boil). Drain shrimp, and spread on baking sheet; let cool. When no longer steaming, refrigerate to cool completely, about 40 minutes. Peel and devein shrimp. Shrimp can be refrigerated up to 1 day.
- Mix together chopped scallions, tarragon, lemon zest and juice, and mayonnaise. Stir in shrimp, sliced celery, and 1 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a griddle or grill to medium-high heat. Brush butter on inside surface of each bun. Place buns on griddle or grill, buttered sides down, and toast until golden brown or lightly charred.
- Divide shrimp mixture among buns. Top with celery leaves and scallion greens.
SHRIMP EGG ROLLS
These are my shrimp egg rolls. They might not be the most traditional egg roll, but this is the way I enjoy making them. Recipe can be doubled easily. They can be made with other meats, or without meat at all!
Provided by love4culinary
Yield 6 egg rolls, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- First heat your 2 Tablespoons of oil in either a wok or is a deeper skillet, and stir fry your shrimp, cabbage, carrots, water chestnuts, and celery for 3-4 minutes.
- Then put into the pan the following: bean sprouts, scallions, salt, soy sauce, and sugar, and stir thoroughly.
- Add this shrimp mixture to each egg roll wrapper (about 3-4 tablespoons of mixture in each wrapper).
- You will want to make a bunched line with the mixture closer to one side of the wrapper, making sure that you are placing it lengthwise down the longer side of the wrapper.
- Brush edges with egg.
- Fold the shorter side of the wrapper in (the side that runs lengthwise next to the mixture) completely over the mixture, and then fold over both sides of the wrapper that run the other direction.
- Then you will want to go to the end with the mixture and start folding (rolling) it tightly to make a cylinder.
- Make sure that when you come to the end of the last edge, that it is sealed tightly.
- Cover rolls with a damp towel while you finish rolling all of them.
- Heat oil in your deep pan to 375.
- I usually use about 1 inch of oil in my pan.
- Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, until skins are crisp and golden brown, turning them as they brown.
- Drain egg rolls on paper towels to get rid of excess oil and serve them at once for best results.
- (if my instructions are terrible, please try to send me an ISO in the message boards so that I may better assist you! I tried my best to explain my procedure!).
SHRIMP EGG ROLLS
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in cabbage, bean sprouts, and oyster sauce; saute until veggies start to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp and soy sauce, stir, and remove from heat. Set aside until filling is cool enough to handle.
- Heat 2 inches oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- While oil is heating, place an egg roll wrapper on a dry work surface. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling onto the center of the wrapper. Pull the bottom left corner over the filling and fold the two sides in, moistening edges with water as you go; roll tightly to seal. Repeat to make a few more egg rolls, wiping the work surface between each roll.
- Place several egg rolls in the hot oil and fry until wrappers are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain while you make and cook remaining egg rolls.
- Combine duck sauce, oyster sauce, and soy sauce; stir until well combined. Serve sauce with egg rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256.1 calories, Carbohydrate 32.3 g, Cholesterol 75.2 mg, Fat 9.3 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 11.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 714.5 mg, Sugar 19.8 g
SHRIMP SPRING ROLLS
I began making these egg rolls in college in my Food Science course, and I have made them countless times since with my own student. For best results, make sure the filling is cool before placing it into wrappers and the oil is hot-the egg rolls should sizzle when put into oil. -Laura Bakker, Omaha, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 25
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and bouillon granules. Whisk in water and vinegar until smooth. Add the green pepper, pimientos, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; set aside., In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Stir in soy sauce until smooth; set aside., In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp and garlic in 1 teaspoon oil until shrimp turns pink. Remove and keep warm., Stir-fry the cabbage, mushrooms, water chestnuts and carrot in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender., Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp and green onions; set aside to cool., With one corner of egg roll wrapper facing you, place 1/3 cup shrimp mixture just below center of wrapper. Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use. Fold bottom corner over filling. Moisten remaining edges of wrapper with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll spring roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat., In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry spring rolls, a few at a time, for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 12g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 438mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
FRIED SHRIMP ROLLS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Butterfly the shrimp by slicing along the backs and cutting about halfway into the flesh. Whisk the eggs, milk, paprika and 1 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl; add the shrimp and refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season with pepper. Put the breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl. Remove the shrimp from the egg mixture and dredge in the seasoned flour. Dip the shrimp in the egg mixture again, then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat; transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to fry.
- Combine the mayonnaise, pickle, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, scallions and parsley in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat about 1/2 inch peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F. Working in batches, add the shrimp and fry, flipping halfway through, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; season with salt.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the rolls and fill with shredded lettuce and the fried shrimp. Serve with lemon wedges.
CLASSIC SHRIMP ROLLS
- Boil shrimp in salted boiling water until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a cutting board to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish, and paprika and season with salt.
- Chop shrimp and add to mayo mixture. Spoon shrimp mixture into toasted buns and garnish with scallions.
FRESH SHRIMP SPRING ROLLS
- Cover noodles with boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu strips; pan-fry until golden, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip one sheet of rice paper in the water for 20 seconds, then lay flat. Place 2 basil leaves, 2 cilantro leaves, 3 to 4 bean sprouts, a small handful of cucumber, carrot, lettuce, and onion, 2 shrimp, and 1 strip of tofu in rows across the middle of the rice paper. Fold the wrapper at both ends and roll tightly. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Combine chili sauce, soy sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl for dipping sauce. Serve with spring rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 471.5 calories, Carbohydrate 55.4 g, Cholesterol 78 mg, Fat 20.3 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 22.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 905.2 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP ROLLS
Inspired by jiao yan xia, the classic Chinese dish of head-on, fried shrimp finished with a Sichuan or white pepper salt seasoning, these shrimp rolls celebrate the flavors of salt and pepper. Peeled shrimp are seasoned, breaded with cornstarch and fried until super crunchy, then sprinkled with a black pepper-salt. Once cooked, they're tucked into toasted rolls smeared with a zingy garlic mayo. Fresh cilantro, sliced chile and a squeeze of fresh lime brighten the hearty sandwich. Store any leftover pepper-salt in an airtight container and use it as a seasoning for roasted meats and vegetables.
Provided by Kay Chun
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a 12-inch cast-iron or heavy skillet, heat 1 inch of oil over medium-high until an instant-read thermometer registers 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic; mix well. In a separate small bowl, combine pepper and salt.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium. Using 1 teaspoon of garlic mayonnaise per bun, spread on outer sides of buns, then toast them until golden, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plates.
- Season shrimp with about 1 teaspoon of the pepper-salt, dip in milk, then dredge in cornstarch, gently pressing so cornstarch adheres. Working in two batches, fry shrimp until crispy and cooked through, turning halfway, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Season with more of the pepper-salt mixture.
- Smear some garlic mayonnaise on the inner center of buns, then divide shrimp among buns. Top with chiles, cilantro and more pepper salt. Serve with lime wedges.
SHRIMP SUMMER ROLLS
- Bring 1 inch water to a boil in a large, deep straight-sided skillet. Submerge shrimp; immediately remove from heat and cover. Let stand 3 minutes; drain. Let cool and peel. Cut in half lengthwise and devein. Shrimp can be stored in refrigerator up to 1 day.
- Place vermicelli in a baking dish and cover with 1 inch hot tap water. Let stand until water is tepid, about 30 minutes; drain. Vermicelli can be stored in refrigerator up to 1 day.
- Submerge cabbage and carrots in 2 separate bowls of ice water 30 minutes; drain. Place alongside cucumber, scallions, basil, shrimp, and noodles on a platter.
- Pour at least 1 inch warm water into a bowl slightly larger than spring-roll skins. Submerge 1 skin in warm water until pliable but still firm, about 10 seconds. (Replace warm water as necessary.) Transfer to a plate. Serve with dipping sauce and sambal oelek.
More about "shrimp rolls recipes"
SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.1/5 (212)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 4
- Cook shrimp in a pot of boiling salted water until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water until cool. Pat dry and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Whisk together celery, scallions, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, horseradish, vinegar, and paprika; season with salt and pepper. Fold in shrimp.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Toast buns on rimmed baking sheet until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Spread butter on each toasted bun and fill with shrimp salad.
CLASSIC SHRIMP ROLLS – A COUPLE COOKS
5/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main DishCalories 315 per serving
SHRIMP SPRING ROLLS- SO FRESH AND TASTY | THE RECIPE …
MINI SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SHRIMP EGG ROLLS - DAMN DELICIOUS
CLASSIC SHRIMP ROLLS | CANADIAN LIVING
SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
NEW ENGLAND SHRIMP ROLLS - THE SEASONED MOM
NEW ENGLAND SHRIMP ROLLS • THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
SHRIMP ROLLS WITH CELERY ROOT REMOULADE | RICARDO
SHRIMP SALAD ROLLS RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SHRIMP ROLL - EASY SHRIMP SALAD SANDWICH ON BUTTERY ROLLS
BEST BLT SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BLT SHRIMP ROLLS
SHRIMP ROLLS | SARA MOULTON
SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE | LOBSTER ROLL - SPINACH AND BACON
EASY BLT SHRIMP ROLLS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
SHRIMP SALAD ROLLS WITH PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE FROM SABRINA CURRIE
SHRIMP SPRING ROLL RECIPE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
SRIRACHA SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
NEW ENGLAND STYLE SHRIMP ROLL RECIPE - URBAN BLISS LIFE
SHRIMP EGG ROLLS (AIR FRYER OR BAKED) - SKINNYTASTE
WARM BUTTERED SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CLASSIC SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE - SPARKLES OF YUM
SHRIMP ROLLS - EASY SUMMER SEAFOOD SANDWICH ROLLS
DEEP-FRIED SHRIMP ROLLS WITH HOMEMADE DIPPING SAUCE - CTV
SHRIMP ROLLS | TONY CHACHERE'S
SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE - 30 MINUTES MEALS
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP ROLLS (THE BEST!) - MY KITCHEN LITTLE
10 BEST SHRIMP AND CRESCENT ROLLS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP ROLLS (NEW ENGLAND–STYLE SEAFOOD SANDWICHES) RECIPE
EASY VIETNAMESE SHRIMP ROLLS RECIPE USING PRAWNS OR SHRIMP
LEMON AND HERB SHRIMP ROLLS
RESTAURANT-STYLE SHRIMP EGG ROLLS – YUM TO THE TUM
GARLIC DILL SHRIMP ROLLS | ALBERT | COPY ME THAT
BUTTERY SHRIMP ROLLS - DAD WITH A PAN
VIETNAMESE SHRIMP EGG ROLLS - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY SHRIMP ROLLS YOU CAN MAKE FOR YOUR FAMILY AT HOME
SHRIMP SPRING ROLL RECIPE
You'll also love