BASIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING WITH 8 VARIATIONS
Bottled salad dressing can be convenient but its expensive and often full of salt, sugar, and chemical additives. Making your own is simple and allows you to customize the seasonings to suit whatever meal you are preparing. The amounts given make about 1/4 cup and can be expanded infinitely for larger salads. It can be made several days ahead and kept in the fridge. Sorry about the slightly odd way of putting the ingredients for the creamy dressing variations. The recipe editor is picky about what it will accept.
Provided by 3KillerBs
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 1/4 cup
Number Of Ingredients 34
- Shake all ingredients for your chosen variation together in a tightly-lidded container OR whisk together in a small bowl.
- Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate dried herbs and blend flavors.
- Shake again then dress salad as desired.
- Note -- I recommend the lemon dressing on spinach.
- Note -- I recommend the Bacon Dressing, Mustard Dressing, and Balsamic Vinaigrette on strong greens such as escarole, curly endive, and dandelion greens.
- Note -- The sweeter version of the mustard dressing is great for a vinegar coleslaw if you discover that you have accidentally gotten one of those occasional cabbages that are a touch on the bitter side.
- Note -- feel free to play with other seasonings, more complex blends, flavored oils, and flavored vinegars. Once you've learned the technique you can customize your salad dressing to suit just about any meal.
Versatile and delicious, this lemon vinaigrette is a favorite among homemade salad dressings. The fresh lemon flavor brightens up simple green salads as a dressing but it's also a lively addition to fresh steamed vegetables, like broccoli, green beans or cauliflower. -Sarah Farmer, Taste of Home Culinary Director
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients. Slowly add olive oil while whisking constantly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Fat 20g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 208mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein.
THE BEST LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly stream olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking briskly. Beat lemon juice into the mixture.
- Pour dressing into a sealable jar or bottle, seal, and shake until emulsified.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.9 g, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 214.2 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- Whisk all ingredients in bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
This easy lemon vinaigrette, from "Martha Stewart's Cooking School," works as a dressing for most salads.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking
Yield Makes 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine mustard, lemon zest, and juice in a jar; season with salt and pepper. Add some of the oil, then cover and shake to combine. Continue adding more oil and shaking until all the oil is incorporated and mixture is thickened and uniform in color. Serve immediately.
SIMPLE LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, and fine sea salt, whisking until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Add 3 tablespoons of the oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is well blended. Season with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. If desired, whisk in the remaining oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly. DO AHEAD: The vinaigrette can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 3 days.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
More about "simple lemon vinaigrette recipes"
LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 minsCategory CondimentsCalories 187 per serving
- Stir in salt to taste and, if you’re feeling fancy, chives. Dribble the lemon vinaigrette over anything and everything you please.
LEMON VINAIGRETTE (BETTER THAN STORE-BOUGHT) | …
4.8/5 (29)Total Time 10 minsCategory DressingCalories 111 per serving
EASY LEMON VINAIGRETTE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
5/5 (5)Total Time 5 minsCategory SaladCalories 1119 per serving
LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (108)Category ComponentCuisine American, FrenchEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and honey, if using.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking and continue to whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Alternatively, combine everything in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine.
- Add the thyme, if desired, and season to taste. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week. The olive oil will solidify a bit in the fridge. To soften, let the dressing sit at room temp for a few minutes and stir before using.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON VINAIGRETTE | MINIMALIST BAKER
4.2/5 (4)Calories 126 per servingCategory Sauce
- We recommend using a small blender to emulsify the ingredients and also fully incorporate the shallot. If not using shallot, simply add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined. If using a blender, add all ingredients to small blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon for acidity, olive oil for richness, salt and pepper to taste, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Use immediately on warm and cold salads, roasted vegetables, and more! Store in the refrigerator 3-4 days. The oil can harden when cold, so shake well to reincorporate.
SIMPLE LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - COOKING UP MEMORIES
5/5 (3)Category SaladCuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 mins
- To a small bowl or mason jar add 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, and the zest from 1/2 of a lemon.
- Add 1/3 cup extra virgin oil. Whisk the ingredients together or shake for approximately 2 minutes.
ROAST LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
3/5 (46)Total Time 50 minsServings 4-6Calories 132 per serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Halve lemons crosswise and remove the seeds. Place the lemons in a glass baking dish and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Turn cut-side down and roast until tender and slightly golden, 25 to 45 minutes, depending on size; let cool.
- Squeeze the juice and pulp into a small bowl. Add any juice from the baking dish along with the honey and salt. Whisking constantly, slowly add the extra-virgin olive oil. Drizzle the vinaigrette over shrimp or vegetables.
EASY LEMON VINAIGRETTE - THE SHORTCUT KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 minsCategory SaladCalories 135 per serving
- Using a Microplane grater, zest 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. Cut the lemon in half and juice 2 tablespoons.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and remaining ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine, or to a reusable cruet or mason jar with a lid and shake well to combine.
LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EASY HOMEMADE LEMON SALAD DRESSING
Reviews 2Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Dressing
LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING - STREETSMART KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Total Time 5 minsCategory Gluten-FreeCalories 86 per serving
LEMON VINAIGRETTE (QUICK & EASY!) - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
Cuisine American, HealthyTotal Time 10 minsCategory Dip, Salad, Side Dish, VegetarianCalories 1070 per serving
LEMON VINAIGRETTE - PRODUCE MADE SIMPLE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SIMPLE LEMON VINAIGRETTE - PALEO RECIPES | PRIMAL PALATE ...
Servings 6Carbohydrates 4 gCalories 93Calories 93 per serving
THE BEST LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING RECIPES [TOP 10 PICKS ...
EASY LEMON VINAIGRETTE | ALLRECIPES
LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE (EASY) | KITCHN
LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE: THIS EASY LEMON SALAD DRESSING ...
GARLIC OREGANO AND LEMON VINAIGRETTE - ALL INFORMATION ...
FIRST WATCH LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPES
LEMON SALAD DRESSING RECIPES VINAIGRETTE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make lemon vinaigrette?This lemon vinaigrette dressing recipe is super simple to make. Here’s what you’ll need: Fresh lemon juice – To make it zippy and bright! Extra-virgin olive oil – It gives the dressing body and richness. Garlic – It adds a nice kick.
What is the best way to make homemade lemon salad dressing?Whisk red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly stream olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking briskly. Beat lemon juice into the mixture. Pour dressing into a sealable jar or bottle, seal, and shake until emulsified. See how to make tart and tasty lemon bars.
How do you make a vinaigrette less acidic?How Do You Make a Vinaigrette Less Acidic? A good lemon vinaigrette requires more than simply lemon juice and olive oil. Seasoning the dressing with salt, as well as adding a hint of sweetness with honey or maple syrup, mellows the punch of acidity and gives the vinaigrette a more balanced flavor.
How long does lemon vinaigrette last in the fridge?This lemon vinaigrette will keep in an airtight container or jar for up to 1 week in the fridge. Of course, it’s a great way to dress up a simple green salad, but there are so many other delicious ways to use it. Here are a few ideas to get you started: