EASY SWISS CHARD
- Prep the chard stalks and leaves: Rinse out the Swiss chard leaves thoroughly. Either tear or cut away the thick stalks from the leaves. Cut the stalk pieces into 1-inch pieces. Chop the leaves into inch-wide strips. Keep the stalks and leaves separate.
- Sauté the garlic and crushed red pepper: Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add garlic slices, crushed red pepper, and coriander seeds (if using), and cook for about 30 seconds, or until the garlic is fragrant.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70 kcal, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 79 mg, Sugar 0 g, Fat 7 g, ServingSize Serves 2-4 (depending on the amount of chard), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CREAMED SWISS CHARD
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil over medium-high. Gradually add chard and cook until it is just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain, pressing out as much liquid as possible.
- In pot, melt butter. Whisking constantly, add flour and cook 1 minute. Whisking constantly, slowly add milk. Cook, whisking along bottom of pot, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chard and stir until coated. Stir in nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 180 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 6 g
SWISS CHARD WITH ONIONS & GARLIC
I like to make this sauteed Swiss chard a main dish by serving it with pasta, but it's also a tasty side dish all on its own. My boys love it and ask for it often. -Rebekah Chappel, Portales, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer., Add vinegar, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pot. Add remaining ingredients; cook 4-6 minutes or until chard is tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 381mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SAUTEED SWISS CHARD (DON'T BE AFRAID!!!)
Incredibly yummy- slightly spicy with a bit of lemon zip. This is the MOST delicious swiss chard recipe EVER! -I promise. (Adapted from a recipe from Bon Appetit)
Provided by hollyfrolly
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter and oil in heavy large pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add swiss chard; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook until tender (stirring occasionally) about 8 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon onto chard.
- Season to taste with salt.
SIMPLE SWISS CHARD
- Heat the olive oil on a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and cook until tender and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add the Swiss chard and balsamic vinegar; cook and stir until the chard is wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.5 calories, Carbohydrate 10.9 g, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 250.5 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
More about "simple swiss chard recipes"
15 BEST WAYS TO COOK SWISS CHARD | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
EASY SWISS CHARD | LINDA'S ITALIAN TABLE
ASIAN-STYLE SWISS CHARD - RICARDO
19 SWISS CHARD RECIPES TO ADD TO YOUR HEARTY GREENS …
29 SWISS CHARD RECIPES FOR NEVER-BORING GREENS
SIMPLE SAUTéED SWISS CHARD - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
BEST SWISS CHARD RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
GARLIC SAUTéED SWISS CHARD - DOWNSHIFTOLOGY
SIMPLE SWISS CHARD PASTA RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
10 BEST SWISS CHARD RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUICK SKILLET CHARD | SOUTHERN LIVING
INA GARTEN SWISS CHARD RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
SWISS CHARD SALAD RECIPE | CARL'S HOME AND RECIPES
SWISS CHARD SPANAKOPITA BEST RECIPES
4 FRESH, SIMPLE SWISS CHARD RECIPES | CHATELAINE
CHARD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
20 BEST SWISS CHARD RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
10 DELICIOUS RECIPES WITH SWISS CHARD - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
EASY SWISS CHARD - THE MOUNTAIN KITCHEN
7 BEST RECIPES FOR SWISS CHARD - GROWING IN THE GARDEN
15 EASY SWISS CHARD RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE! - BACKYARD GARDEN LOVER
27 EXCITING WAYS TO COOK SWISS CHARD - PALEO GRUBS
SWISS CHARD RECIPES & RECIPE IDEAS
CREAMED SWISS CHARD (READY IN 15 MINUTES) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
EASY SWISS CHARD STIR FRY - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
STEAMED SWISS CHARD RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
67 SWISS CHARD RECIPES | RECIPELAND
HOW TO COOK SWISS CHARD (SAUTéED RECIPE) | KITCHN
SWISS CHARD RECIPES - BBC FOOD
37 BEST SWISS CHARD RECIPES - PARADE: ENTERTAINMENT, RECIPES, …
7 EASY & DELICIOUS WAYS TO EAT SWISS CHARD - RURAL SPROUT
SIMPLE SWISS CHARD RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
SWISS CHARD RECIPE WITH POTATOES - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
10 BEST SWISS CHARD MAIN DISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
20 SWISS CHARD RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
15 WAYS TO COOK WITH SWISS CHARD - ONE GREEN PLANET
CREAMED SWISS CHARD RECIPE BY ETHAN SCOTT PARRISH - COOKPAD
SIMPLE SAUTéED SWISS CHARD - AN EASY SWISS CHARD RECIPE
EASY CHARD RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
BEST BEST-EVER SWISS CHARD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE BEST-EVER
HOW TO PREPARE A PERFECT SWISS CHARD SIDE DISH
10 TASTY SWISS CHARD RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
You'll also love