SIMPLE TUNA CURRY WITH RICE
- Start the rice cooking.
- Over low to moderate heat, saute onion, garlic, and your vegetable of choice in butter. (If you use tuna packed in oil, you can drain the oil and use that to saute the onions.)
- Season with salt and curry powder and continue to saute until veggies are tender.
- Stir flour into vegetables until it coats them and combines with the butter/oil.
- Over moderate heat, add enough of the milk to cover the vegetables, and stir to create a smooth sauce. As the milk begins to heat, the butter/flour mixture that was coating the vegetables will begin to blend with and thicken the milk. Once it becomes thick, add half of the remaining milk, and continue stirring until it again heats to the thickening point. Then add the rest of the milk, stir again, and allow to come to the thickening point for the last time. (This process is a bit difficult to describe, but not hard to do. Adding the milk at little at a time and stirring to keep it smooth as you go keeps the sauce from forming lumps and prevents scorching. You can also do this step over low heat, in which case you don't have to stand right over the pot stirring constantly, but it's still good to add the milk in stages, and stir regularly.).
- Once the sauce is heated, add the tuna, and bring back to simmering. If the tuna is packed in oil, drain the oil (which you may have used in step one). If it's packed in water, you can just dump the whole can into the sauce, water and all.
- Serve tuna curry over rice. A green veggies side is nice (steamed asparagus or broccoli, cucumbers in vinaigrette, green salad, or peas).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 628, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 10.8, Cholesterol 63.7, Sodium 470.4, Carbohydrate 90.7, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 0.5, Protein 21.6
TUNA CURRY IN A HURRY
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onions and green pepper. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in tuna, sour cream, curry powder, salt and pepper. Heat until warm and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 88.1 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
TUNA CURRY ON RICE
- Melt butter in saucepan; add onion.
- Saute until golden.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Gradually add water, cooking and stirring until smooth.
- Blend in curry powder, seasonings and half-and-half.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gently add tuna and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon over hot cooked rice and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with small bowls of the above condiments.
CURRY TUNA AND RICE CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix cream of celery soup, milk, curry powder, and mustard powder in a large bowl. Stir rice, tuna, and onion into the soup mixture; transfer to a casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, melted butter, and parsley in a bowl; sprinkle over tuna mixture.
- Bake casserole in preheated oven until bread crumb mixture is golden brown, about 25 minutes; top with sliced eggs and return to over to bake another 5 minutes. Let casserole cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 158.9 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 26.8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 754.4 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
TUNA CURRY ON RICE
Provided by hungryone
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion. Saute until golden. Stir in flour. Cook until bubbly. Gradually add water, cooking and stirring until smooth. Blend in curry powder and half-and-half. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gently add tuna and raisins. Simmer 5 minutes longer. Spoon over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with small bowls of chutney, peanuts and coconut.
More about "simple tuna curry with rice recipes"
SUPER EASY TUNA CASSEROLE WITH WHITE RICE | MINUTE® …
EASY CHEESY TUNA AND RICE ONE SKILLET RECIPE
10 BEST FRESH TUNA CURRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SIMPLE CURRY RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MALDIVIAN TUNA CURRY RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
TUNA AND SPICED RICE - QUICK, EASY AND VERY TASTY
CURRIED RICE | RECIPETIN EATS
TUNA WITH RICE | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
TUNA CURRY ON RICE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TUNA CURRY IN A RICE NEST RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
30 EASY AND TASTY EASY TUNA & RICE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
TUNA CURRY RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
MATTHEW'S TUNA CURRY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TUNA CURRY AND TUNA FRY - RECIPES ARE SIMPLE
KERALA STYLE TUNA CURRY RECIPE | EASY TUNA FISH CURRY - BLOG
HOW TO MAKE HOT CURRY TUNA FRIED RICE | EASY HEALTHY DINNER IDEAS
MOM'S TUNA RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
TUNA CURRY IN 5 | RICE RECIPES | SUNRICE
TUNA CURRY IN A HURRY - CLOVER LEAF
QUICK CURRY FRIED RICE WITH TUNA RECIPE - ALDI
MYSTERY LOVERS' KITCHEN: TUNA CURRY WITH RICE
QUICK TUNA CURRY RECIPE | BUMBLE BEE SEAFOODS
DRY TUNA CURRY | RICE AND TUNA RECIPE | HUNGRY HOME COOK
EASY CURRY TUNA AND BROWN RICE - TRADER JOE'S FAN
EASY TUNA RICE SALAD - EASY PEASY FOODIE
TUNA RICE - ONOLICIOUS HAWAIʻI
QUICK AND EASY CURRY RICE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
15-MINUTE MEDITERRANEAN TUNA RICE BOWLS | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
TUNA CURRY AND TUNA FRY - CURRY IN A HURRY - QUICK MEALS
TUNA THAI RED CURRY - STRENGTH AND SUNSHINE
QUICK TUNA CURRY - THE COMPLETE SAVORIST
TUNA CURRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE TUNA CURRY RECIPE - THE TIMES …
TUNA CURRY BOWL WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE - EATING BIRD FOOD
QUICK & EASY TUNA FRIED RICE - HINT OF HEALTHY
SESAME RED CURRY TUNA SKEWERS WITH CONFETTI CURRY RICE
RECIPE: DELICIOUS CURRY TUNA FRIED RICE - CURRY RECIPES
SPICY CURRY TUNA - CLOVER LEAF
TUNA, CORN & RICE BUDGET BAKE RECIPE | NEW IDEA MAGAZINE
CURRIED TUNA AND RICE SLICE - MOUTHWATERING MUNCHIES
RECIPE: YUMMY CURRY TUNA FRIED RICE - CURRY RECIPES
SIMPLE TUNA CURRY WITH RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make quick Curry fried rice with tuna?How to Make Quick Curry Fried Rice with Tuna Method Cook microwave rice to packet directions. Set aside. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium to high heat. Add red curry paste paste and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add cooked jasmin rice and stir through curry paste, mix through and cook for 1 minute or until combined.
How to cook rice with tuna and garlic?DIRECTIONS Start the rice cooking. Over low to moderate heat, saute onion, garlic, and your vegetable of choice in butter. (If you use tuna packed in oil, you can drain the oil and use that to saute the onions.) Season with salt and curry powder and continue to saute until veggies are tender.
How do you cook canned tuna in a pan?Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onions and green pepper. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in tuna, sour cream, curry powder, salt and pepper. Heat until warm and serve. The original can of tuna was 6 ounces and has since been reduced to 5 ounces due to manufacturer's change.
How to cook frozen tuna tuna and spring onions?Stir in your assorted frozen vegetables. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add your spring onions. Meanwhile drain and flake the tuna. Add to fried rice and stir through. To serve, add fried rice to serving dish.