TRADITIONAL GREEK SKORDALIA (GARLIC AND POTATO DIP)
Skordalia, the popular and so delicious Greek garlic dip is rich, healthy and full of antioxidants. Here are 2 different recipes.
Provided by OliveTomato.com
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel the potatoes cut in cubes and boil in water until soft, about 15 -20 minutes
- Once boiled, strain and mix with a hand mixer or potato masher until somewhat smooth.
- In a food processor process the garlic cloves with a bit of salt, and a few drops of olive oil until it is a paste.
- Add ½ of the olive oil in the food processor and continue mixing.
- Add the garlic paste to the potato and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the rest of the olive oil gradually, in a steady stream mixing until oil is absorbed.
- Add a bit of red wine vinegar for taste, mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72 kcal, ServingSize 2 tbsp, Protein 0.48 g, Fat 6.5 g, Carbohydrate 3.8 g
SKORDALIA (GREEK GARLIC POTATO DIP)
Not only is this a fabulous dip for vegetables and breads and things like that, it's also served as a side dish for things like fried fish and grilled meats--so this stuff is as versatile as it is easy to make.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Dips and Spreads Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel and quarter the potatoes and add to a saucepan with enough cold salted water to cover by 1 inch. Place over medium-high heat; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer until potatoes are tender, but not falling apart, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, add garlic and 1 teaspoon kosher salt to a mortar and pestle. Crush into a fine paste and reserve.
- Drain potatoes, reserving some of the cooking water to thin the dip out with later if desired. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Mash with a potato masher or potato ricer until smooth and lump free. Stir in garlic paste. Add lemon juice and vinegar and stir in with the masher.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil in 3 or 4 additions. Add cayenne and more salt if needed. Pass dip through a mesh strainer into a bowl. Serve at room temperature, garnished with olive oil and oregano.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.2 g, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 245.7 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
SKORDALIA (A GARLIC SAUCE/CONDIMENT)
Use this to accompany roasted beets, or fried salt cod, or any of the greek fritter recipes. It is a condiment and is used like a mayonnaise and/or dip.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 1 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Soak bread in water.
- Squeeze dry between hands.
- Put in food processor along with garlic, pine nuts or walnuts.
- Process for 20 seconds.
- Slowly drop in olive oil and vinegar, alternately, until mixture binds into a thick mayonnaise-like sauce.
- (you may need slightly more oil and/or vinegar, depending on personal taste).
SKORDALIA (GARLIC-WALNUT SAUCE)
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories condiments, side dish
Yield 1 1/2 cups sauce
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small bowl, soak the bread in 1/2 cup water for 2 minutes. Remove excess water from the bread so that it is wet, but not dripping. Place bread and walnuts in the bowl of a blender or food processor and pulse until a paste forms. Add the garlic, olive oil and salt and process until well blended, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice and vinegar. Adjust salt to taste. Serve with bacalao fritters (see recipe).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 624, UnsaturatedFat 49 grams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fat 59 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 278 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SKORDALIA (GARLIC SAUCE)
This Greek sauce has a potato as the unusual base. I haven't tried this yet, I found the recipe in an old cookbook I've had for years, & thought it would be a perfect submission for the ZWT4 - let's hope it's a good one!
Provided by momaphet
Yield 1 1/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel potato and boil until tender. Put through a ricer or sieve. Measure 1/2 cup of potato & put in a bowl; mix in garlic and salt. Gradually add olive oil and vinegar alternately while beating with a spoon. Chill. Serve with meat or fish.
SKORDALIA (GARLIC SAUCE FOR ARTICHOKES)
Provided by Robert Farrar Capon
Categories easy, condiments, dips and spreads
Yield About 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Tear the bread into small pieces. Put bread, garlic, olive oil and 3 tablespoons lemon juice into a mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup water, toss to combine and let stand 20 minutes to soften.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor, blender or electric mixer, and process until smooth. Add more water by the tablespoonful and blend until a saucy consistency is achieved. Season to taste with salt; add additional lemon juice, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 642, UnsaturatedFat 46 grams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 56 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 384 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
More about "skordalia garlic walnut sauce recipes"
WALNUT SKORDALIA - GARLIC DIP - DIANE KOCHILAS
Cuisine Greek, Greek Cuisine, Mediterranean DietCategory Dinner, Dip, LunchServings 6
- Pound the garlic, walnuts, and a little salt in the mortar with the pestle and add the bread or hot potatoes, a few pieces at a time. Continue pounding, drizzling in the olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar to form a thick, mealy paste. Add the remaining bread and/or potato as you go. Either serve at room temperature or chilled.
GARLIC SAUCE (SKORDALIA) RECIPE : SBS FOOD
SKORDALIA RECIPE - GREEK GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
SKORDALIA - GREEK GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE - LARDER LOVE
SKORDALIA - GARLIC DIP - KATERINA'S KOUZINA
SKORDALIA RECIPE: THE GREEK GARLIC SAUCE | THE GREEK FOOD
SKORDALIA RECIPE: GREEK GARLIC AND POTATO DIP
WALNUT SKORDALIA | DIP RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE RECIPES
SKORDALIA | GREEK GARLIC SAUCE | LEMON & OLIVES | GREEK …
WALNUT SKORDALIA WITH FOCACCIA CROUTES - CALIFORNIA …
EASY SKORDALIA (WITH WALNUTS) - SOUVLAKI FOR THE SOUL
5/5 (4)Total Time 15 minsCategory Side DishPublished 2010-05-16
SKORTHALIA (SKORDALIA) GREEK GARLIC DIP AND SAUCE RECIPE
GREEK SKORDALIA (ALMOND, BREAD, AND GARLIC SAUCE)
EASY SKORDALIA (GREEK GARLIC DIP) | OLIVE & MANGO
RECIPE FOR GREEK GARLIC SAUCE (SKORDALIA)
RECIPE: COD WITH WALNUT GREMOLATA AND SKORDALIA - SHOP INTERCITY
MASHED POTATO SKORDALIA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SKORDALIá - GARLIC SAUCE - KOUZINA
MACEDONIAN WALNUT SKORDALIA - DIANE KOCHILAS
GARLIC AND WALNUT SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WALNUT SKORDALIA | KALOFAGAS.CA
TRADITIONAL GREEK BAKALIARO SKORDALIA - SALTED COD WITH GARLIC SAUCE
SKORDALIA RECIPE (TRADITIONAL GREEK POTATO AND GARLIC DIP)
SKORDALIA (GREEK GARLIC AND POTATO SPREAD) RECIPE
SKORDALIA GREEK GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ROASTED GARLIC SKORDALIA - NOSTIMO KITCHEN
SKORDALIA SAUCE - TODAY'S DELIGHT
GREEK RECIPES #3 : SKORDALIA, WALNUT AND GARLIC SPREAD - GREEN ME UP
SKORDALIA GREEK GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
BEST HOISIN-GLAZED BEEF BACK RIBS WITH GARLIC WALNUT SKORDALIA …
SKORDALIA - GREEK GARLIC SAUCE FOR FISH - GOURMET FRIDAY
GARLIC SAUCE, AIOLI, SKORDALIA | KALOFAGAS.CA
GREEK GARLIC SAUCE WITH BREAD (SKORDALIA) - Πέτρος Συρίγος
SKORDALIA (GREEK GARLIC SAUCE) - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love