SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW
This is similar to Brunswick Stew, but without the butter/lima beans and corn (which you can certainly add, if you like). :)
Provided by Julesong
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Combine first 14 ingredients in an electric slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on high setting for 4 hours or until carrot is tender.
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add cornstarch mixture and frozen peas or edamame (and tofu, if using) to the slow cooker, stir well.
- Re-cover and cook on high-heat setting an 30 additional minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- Note: I don't eat much meat and prefer more vegetables, so I often add extra firm cubed tofu at the last 30 minute mark. Tasty! Also good with small new potatoes added at the beginning, which is another good way to stretch the recipe. :).
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW
A savory autumn stew with apple, red potatoes, onion and seasoning. This is a very easy tasty chicken dish I concocted when I was trying to think of a dish like pot roast yet using chicken rather than beef. My husband hates mushrooms, so I tried condensed celery soup, and it works great. This dish is light yet very zesty and full of flavor. You can substitute using chicken thighs, but it will increase calories and fat. I think using biscuit gravy mix rather than onion gravy mix would work (the flavor would go well with chicken), adding richness, although I haven't tried it that way yet, but again, it would add more fat and calories to this dish. Serve with a side of rice or over noodles.
Provided by SUSAN KIM
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute garlic and chicken until lightly browned.
- Place chicken and garlic in slow cooker; add water, soup, pepper, salt, seasoning, apple, potatoes, onion and gravy mix. Mix all together.
- Set heat on Low setting and simmer slowly for 6 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 378.3 calories, Carbohydrate 28.6 g, Cholesterol 122.9 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 47.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 923.8 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW
Learn to make Slow-Cooker Pantry Chicken Stew with our video! Chicken and veggies in chive and onion sauce help make this chicken stew a new favorite.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Toss chicken with flour in slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients except peas and cream cheese spread; cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours). Stir in peas and cream cheese; cook, covered, 30 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 24 g
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STEW
This delicious chicken and mushroom stew is easy to make, flexible, and with layers of flavor it has a real comfort food richness but with a little zing! We do not add salt to this dish. We find it gets enough from the chicken stock and the soups and adding extra can overdo it. It can always be added to taste when you serve. We like it on brown rice or noodles but baked or mashed potato works well too.
Provided by Al G
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix flour, basil, thyme, sage, and black pepper in a large resealable bag; add chicken, seal bag, and shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and bell pepper until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add chorizo sausage and garlic; cook and stir until sausage is cooked, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker and top with mushrooms.
- Cook and stir coated chicken (including all the flour) in the same skillet, adding more oil if needed, until chicken is browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to the slow cooker.
- Pour chicken stock into the same skillet, and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Pour all the liquid and brown bits into slow cooker.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, sour cream, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne pepper in a bowl; spoon into slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 2 hours; reduce setting to Low and cook for 4 more hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 553.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.7 g, Cholesterol 115.1 mg, Fat 37.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Sodium 1577.1 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW
I like to sprinkle chicken stew with toasted almonds or cashews and serve with hot couscous. Flavored with cinnamon and a touch of sweetness from the apricots, this pretty dish will stand apart from the rest at potlucks, too! -Angela Buchanan, Longmont, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the chicken, onion and carrots in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, garlic, salt, cinnamon and pepper; pour over vegetables., Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender., Remove chicken from slow cooker; shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices; stir in apricots. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker; heat though. Serve with couscous. Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve with couscous.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279 calories, Fat 10g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 87mg cholesterol, Sodium 497mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN STEW
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, toss potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Arrange chicken on vegetable mixture. Sprinkle salt, onion and garlic powder over chicken. Stir tomato paste into jar of gravy. Pour gravy mixture and wine over all.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 4 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 830 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "slow cooker pantry chicken stew recipes"
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 6 hrs 15 mins
- COOK on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours), stirring in cream cheese and peas for the last 30 min.
SLOW COOKER CREAMY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW | PUNCHFORK
CROCK POT CREAMY CHICKEN STEW - TOGETHER AS FAMILY
10 BEST SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER COUNTRY CHICKEN STEW | LAWRY'S - MCCORMICK
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW | RECIPES, CROCKPOT RECIPES SLOW …
CREAMY HOMESTYLE CHICKEN STEW - BUDGETPANTRY
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RANCH RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SLOW COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE
CROCK POT CHICKEN STEW - THE SEASONED MOM
40+ BUDGET FRIENDLY SLOW COOKER RECIPES - BUDGET BYTES
CHICKEN STEW CROCK POT RECIPE FOR COMFORT FOOD - THE SIMPLE …
CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN STEW WITH POTATOES, CARROTS AND …
SLOW COOKER HOME-STYLE CHICKEN STEW | EPICURE.COM
CROCKPOT CHICKEN STEW – DINNER FOR TWO - SOUTHERN HOME EXPRESS
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW - PLAIN.RECIPES
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE LIST - SALEWHALE.CA
SLOW COOKER HEARTY CHICKEN STEW - THE WHOLE COOK
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW - LUNCH RECIPES
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW | EASY - FOOD MEANDERINGS
SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CHICKEN STEW - RETRO RECIPE BOX
CLEAN EATING SLOW COOKER CREOLE CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - THE …
EASY CROCKPOT PANTRY MEALS - BEST OF CROCK
10 BEST SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW WITH POTATOES RECIPES - YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SLOW COOKER TORTILLA CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | THE GRACIOUS PANTRY
CHICKEN STEW RECIPE SLOW COOKER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW - THE CLEAN EATING COUPLE
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW - PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
CROCK POT CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACO STEW : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SLOW COOKER COUNTRY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
SLOW-COOKER PANTRY CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken stew in slow cooker with vegetables?Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté on medium heat 5-7 minutes, until fragrant. Add tomato paste and mix into vegetables; cook 2 minutes. Spoon vegetables into slow cooker. Add chopped tomatoes, chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, pepper, bay leaves and thyme.
How long to cook chicken stew in a crock pot?When cooking chicken in the crockpot you’ll want to usually do a minimum of 3 hours on high or 4 hours on low. Every crockpot is different so you can check if the chicken is done by using a thermometer. This Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is a healthy, easy dinner made in less than 10 minutes of prep time!
What is the best way to cook chicken stew?Chicken and veggies in chive and onion sauce help make this chicken stew a new favorite. Add all remaining ingredients except peas and cream cheese spread; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours). Stir in peas and cream cheese; cook, covered, 30 min. Serve with hot baked biscuits.
Can you cook chicken in a crock pot without adding water?The chicken cooks completely fine on it’s own in the slow cooker. Some recipes call for browning meat before adding to the crockpot put that’s not necessary for this stew. Do you add water to a slow cooker stew? No, you don’t need to add water to a slow cooker stew. We use chicken broth in this recipe.