An authentic rural Mexican dish usually prepared with pork, posole is traditionally eaten at New Year's. This version is a great way to unload those turkey leftovers! Garnish with crisp tortilla chips, shredded green cabbage, and a squeeze of lime.
Provided by CAMILLA362
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions and poblano chiles in oil until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook for one or two minutes. Season with chile powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Stir in turkey broth, cooked turkey, canned green chile peppers, cannellini beans, and hominy. Stir in water if more liquid is needed to just cover everything in the pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about an hour to blend flavors.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 calories, Carbohydrate 44.6 g, Cholesterol 53.2 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 10.8 g, Protein 33.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 1100.9 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
I love making this soup because it makes good use of leftovers from Thanksgiving. And it's quick, easy and tasty. No one feels as if they're eating leftovers because this soup is nothing like traditional turkey with gravy. -Margee Berry, White Salmon, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings (1-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in turkey; heat through. Top servings with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, tortilla chips and cabbage.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 53mg cholesterol, Sodium 1080mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
SLOW COOKER TURKEY POSOLE
This is my version of a posole dish we used to serve at a Mexican restaurant I worked at. It is requested on a fairly regular basis here at the homestead and never disappoints!
Provided by Brian Huxtable
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute turkey, onions, and garlic in the butter until turkey is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
- While turkey is cooking, combine chile peppers, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne in a slow cooker set to Low. Stir in hominy and 1 can black-eyed peas. Mash the other can of black-eyed peas with a fork and stir into the slow cooker along with the chicken broth. Stir in sauteed turkey and onions.
- Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 4 hours. Add cilantro just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.4 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 75.9 mg, Fat 9.9 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 1212.1 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
BRAISED TURKEY THIGHS WITH POSOLE AND LIME
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add the turkey thighs and turn to coat with seasoned flour; pat off the excess flour and reserve the seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the turkey on both sides, about 4 minutes per side, and place in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the reserved seasoned flour to the oil left in the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the salsa and broth to the skillet and bring to a boil, stirring until slightly thickened. Stir in the posole and lime zest (but not the juice). Pour over the turkey.
- Cover the cooker and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 5 to 8 hours on low, until the turkey is cooked through and tender, almost but not quite falling off the bone. Stir in the lime juice and serve, with the cilantro sprinkled on top of each bowl.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 111.5, Fat 7.3, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 914.6, Carbohydrate 9.3, Fiber 1, Sugar 1.7, Protein 2.8
SLOW-COOKER PORK POZOLE
When the snow begins falling, I make a heartwarming stew with pork ribs and hominy. This is a fill-you-up recipe of lightly spiced comfort. -Genie Gunn, Asheville, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until pork is tender., Remove pork from slow cooker. Cut pork into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro and, if desired, corn tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 991mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
More about "slow cooker turkey posole recipes"
SLOW-COOKED TURKEY POSOLE WITH AVOCADO & LIME RECIPE …
Protein 40 g
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POSOLE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
SLOW COOKER SIMPLE POSOLE WITH PORK AND HOMINY
SLOW COOKER POZOLE VERDE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SLOW COOKER PORK POZOLE - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
SLOW-COOKER PORK POSOLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PORK POSOLE SLOW COOKER : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SPICY TURKEY POSOLE RECIPE - TIM LOVE | FOOD & WINE
TURKEY POSOLE RECIPE - ELLEN BENNETT | FOOD & WINE
SLOW COOKER TURKEY POSOLE GOOD RECIPES - BEST RECIPES TASTE OF …
9 TASTY TURKEY RECIPES FOR THE SLOW COOKER
SLOW COOKER TURKEY/CHICKEN POSOLE - PAPE FAMILY PASTURES
SLOW COOKER NEW MEXICO PORK POSOLE RECIPE - HOWE WE LIVE
SLOW COOKER SMOKED TURKEY POSOLE THE BEST RECIPES
TURKEY POSOLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RED POSOLE RECIPE SLOW COOKER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SLOW-COOKED TURKEY POZOLE WITH AVOCADO & LIME RECIPE - SHADY …
EASY SLOW COOKER MEXICAN POSOLE SOUP RECIPE! - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER POSOLE RECIPE
SLOW COOKER PORK POSOLE | EASY COMFORT FOOD FOR CHILLY DAYS!
SLOW-COOKED TURKEY POZOLE WITH AVOCADO & LIME RECIPE
SLOW COOKER POSOLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SLOW COOKER TURKEY POSOLE | RECIPE | SLOW COOKER TURKEY, CROCKPOT ...
EASY TURKEY POSOLE - LEMONSFORLULU.COM
TURKEY POSOLE | RECIPE | LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES, SLOW COOKER …
SLOW COOKER SMOKED TURKEY POSOLE - TURKEY SOUP RECIPES
GREEN CHILE TURKEY POSOLE - CHEATER CHEF - RB AND MINDY
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN POSOLE - DAMN DELICIOUS
SLOW COOKER SMOKED TURKEY POSOLE | RECIPESTY
BEST TURKEY POSOLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SLOW COOKER PORK POSOLE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SLOW COOKER POZOLE SOUP RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SLOW COOKER POSOLE RECIPE | MEXICAN STEW | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
SLOW-COOKER POSOLE - PORK
SLOW COOKER POZOLE - RETRO RECIPE BOX
SLOW COOKER POZOLE SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CROCKPOT POSOLE RECIPE - SUPER SAFEWAY
SLOW-COOKER PORK POSOLE RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
SLOW-COOKER POSOLE RECIPE
SLOW COOKER POSOLE PORK : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
TURKEY POZOLE ROJO | THE MODERN PROPER
TURKEY POSOLE | RECIPE | RECIPES, SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP ...
CROCK POT CHICKEN POSOLE SOUP RECIPE - DELISH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make pozole in the crockpot?I never thought about making pozole in the crockpot until I came across this recipe! It's just as yummy cooked this way. The only change was that I added some pieces of chicken to the soup-that is how we've always made our pozole, a mix of pork/chicken. And I add a bit more fresh diced garlic since we love it.
What do you serve with posole?Traditional Mexican Posole is served with shredded cabbage, lime wedges, avocado, onion, cilantro, and, of course, warm tortillas. Many Mexican markets have posole meat already chopped up for you. You can add another can of hominy if your slow-cooker is large.
Can I use chicken instead of pork for posole?Knowing how to make traditional posole, I was skeptical of this recipe. I used chicken rather than pork because that's what I had. Being what I call a 'Throw Together' recipe (something you make from premade, usually canned seasoned items), this is really quite good. My entire family loved it.
Do you use enchilada sauce for posole?I love posole but this recipe is not the original one how to make posole you also need pork neck bone, and you don't use enchilada sauce at all you use chille colorado and chile pasilla. I did make this recipe and did not like maybe because I make... Read More.